User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Petsmart Friskies cans .44 each OOP !!!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Whiskas is $4.89 at PetSmart this week for 1.4-2kg as per the coupon, I grabbed 4, hoping for a better sale or similiar sale closer to christmas to finish using my $3 off coupons for a shelter donation. 4 bags will keep me for 6 months.
    walkonby, ticul, dededi and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post
    I actually feed them "Big Country Raw" raw cat food. Its made with the proper amounts of organ meat to bone so there isn't anything lacking in it. Not all raw foods are the same just as not all commercial food is the same. One needs to do their research before hand and make sure its good quality ingredients that is going into the food as raw food has become more main stream so there are more poor quality brands being sold.That being said there are loads of people who have their own recipes for raw food. I feed the pure formula which is actually for dogs but the chicken variety is the only one I have to supplement with taurine. The other two kinds we feed are duck and turkey. We have to feed the pure formula because the cat formulas have mixed protein sources which would defeat the whole reason why we went raw - for severe allergies. Its funny that our one cat is so severely allergic to anything chicken flavored but can actually eat raw chicken. I chalk this up to low quality, chemical laden, over processed "ingredients" if thats what you could call them.

The "kids" also get a egg YOLK (NOT whites!!!) once a week each and they LOVE it. haha. I also add 1/4 tsp coconut oil into each of their meals which has helped with their coats and having a easier time pooping as raw can actually make them constipated because of how nutrient dense it is.

As for the litter box? Oh yes, we definitely don't have any stink coming from there any more at all. Their poops are half the size and hard with absolutely no smell what so ever. They do urinate more but that is actually a good thing since they are both males who are more prone to UTI's.

EDIT: To add that we used to feed raw chicken spines to the one boy (the other doesn't have any teeth) as a treat and he loved them. Kept him busy while "mommy" was working in the kitchen. We had to stop though as he had to have dental surgery (unrelated) and has had really sensitive gums ever since. So instead when I'm processing raw bird meat I always throw him a scrap or two. My husband doesn't like when I do it though so we try to keep it secretive.

I've actually had this same cat trash dive into a closed garbage bin for the skin I discarded from the meat. He is definitely food motivated which is how he knows tricks. Anywhoooo I'll stop bragging about my "kids" as I'm sure we could all go on for days about them
    Thanks for the detailed info. This is the first time I'm hearing of raw feeding. I've since read up on it and it makes sense.
    Hats off to you for doing your research and keeping your pets healthy and well fed.
    I also have a male cat and add some water to his canned food and always keep 2 water bowls full to help with UTIs. So far so good.
    The best things in life...aren't things

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

If you want to learn about raw or which pet food is better google catcentric and I even belong to their facebook - they help with food and even health issues.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SharonMe View Post
    Thanks for the detailed info. This is the first time I'm hearing of raw feeding. I've since read up on it and it makes sense.
    Hats off to you for doing your research and keeping your pets healthy and well fed.
    I also have a male cat and add some water to his canned food and always keep 2 water bowls full to help with UTIs. So far so good.
    If you ever have any questions or if anyone else does regarding raw feel free to PM me.
    walkonby, ticul and dededi like this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Wow, great deals for sure Walk and thank you for sharing as you and others makes me get on board with my donation to Human society for Xmas time. I have some food already but I need more. Thank you for the ones that shared on the raw diet as I have heard of it but now I am very interested in it.........................................
    walkonby likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information