User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I never see tear pads anymore! I just thought that the stores weren't putting them out! Another thing that makes me so mad is that I can't even get a newspaper insert since Dec. Someone has been taking all the inserts out of our free papers. I'll have to get out of the house early tomorrow to try and get the smart source!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I know the feelings. I join trains all the time to get tear pad coupons because I have the same problem. I have yet to find a tearpad at safeway that isn't empty and the only time I have ever found a coupon at shoppers is when it was somthing no one really wanted anyways. booo.

Pawkeys
    Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Maybe you could suggest to the store that they put them on the customer service counter. It would be a lot harder for people to make out with a whole bunch.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That's really crumby. Sucks when other people want to buy a specific product and someone who doesn't even need or want it has taken all of the coupons. I took 5 coupons for the Pot of Gold at Superstore (and bought 5 boxess of chocolates) but felt so guilty taking 5 coupons......so it's pretty nervey to take the entire tear pad. WOW!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    30 (97%)

There are people in my town who do that as well then I see them selling the things they buy to make a profit so they don't even need the items, they also shelf clear. I work 5 am- 1 on Fridays (new flyers start) and by the time I get to the store just after 1 the shelves are empty. So I feel for you. I have been signing up for lot's of trades on here though to get some of those great coupons and it has been great.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by middleclassmom View Post
    I'm feeling a little disappointed with some selfish couponers in my little town of Port Alberni.

Coupons have been disappearing at an alarming rate. So much so that some Store Managers are investigating options as to what they can do about what they perceive as theft.

Apparently there are 2 women in town who teach couponing classes and sell coupons at them. I have been searching stores at which I normally found coupons and have mostly come up empty as they just clear off the tear pads. Even SDM isn't putting out the beauty and personal care products coupons. And Safeway won't put out the $0.75 off catelli coupons as they know they'll be gone in a heartbeat. it sucks

I was just saying to my DH he other day that if someone took 10 coupons off a tearpad that would give a person plenty to get deals and even trade, and that would leave tons still on the tear pad. As always, it only takes a few to ruin it for everyone.

I realize that most couponers are fair and like to help one another out. But to those that aretaking entire tear pads....Remember folks....let's share and let everyone enjoy in some savings!!
    E Same here. Actually I see a lots on the first day they are put up and the very next day they are all gone ..the entire pads.

Happened to me in Sobeys..they had lots , and I took 2-3 cpns from a pad of about 100 cpns as I wanted to leave the rest for others. Later on during the same day when I popped into the same store about an hour later because I forgot to buy something, the entire pad was gone ..looks like some cpn hoarder popped in and selfishly cleaned up all the pn

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    83 (100%)

Maybe I was there at the right time because last night there was tons of coupons at Safeway. Still no Catelli though I was there to clean up on Alymer accents. They are B1G1 this week, and after the coupon they work out to 30 cents a can. I now have my quota on tomatoes for the rest of the year.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    114 (100%)

hey welcome back middleclassmom............was wondering where you dissapeared.....hope all is well, and good luck with the cpn hunting.....sucks that some make it so difficult for others........did I ever mention that I have always wanted to be there instead of here in the middle of the prairies......lol!
    Any of you ladies needing cpns let me know, I dont clear tearpads, drive all around the city of Calgary, and am very fortunate to have access to may of the inserts......so do always have lots of extras.
    Ironically even in a large city like Calgary there is a huge problem with tearpads being cleared off the instant they are put out..ak!!!
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/29636...6361680429066/
    Join Calgary Coupon Stacking Club Face Book page, for great info all about stacking your savings back into your pockets.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    83 (100%)

Hello ladies.... I hear ya... CowichanValleyCouponers are clearingout the tear pads before the glue has even dried! I was inShoppers on Sunday night, no dove tear pad... but by Monday around 1pm the pad was up and had been cleared out, same with the Tylenol Complete. Greedy greedy gretchens!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

hey there middleclassmom i live in duncan, and i have a good little stack of coupons and tear pads building up from some trains i did locally...if you PM me your adress ill send you an envie as a gift

we have locally had the same problems, empty tear pads...people stealing the inserts out of papers. it is pretty disgusting.

im new to couponing, and just never imagined how greedy some people can be!
    Last edited by gryphonlove; Sat, Feb 25th, 2012 at 12:57 AM. Reason: directing specifically to middleclassmom:)

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    100 (100%)

I agree with all of you guys. I can rarely get my hands on a tear pad coupon. The only way I have been able to get a hold of any of these is by joining trains with people from other provinces.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

They should attach each coupon to a product , this way even non coupon users will be encouraged to use the cpn. They should just leave some on the side for people who are not buying the product on that day but are planning to buy it in future.

Also they should put out the coupons a few at a time spread out over a few days, instead of putting them out all at once..this will force hoarders to make multiple trips and might not be worth it for them if you include gas and time involved .

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    95 (100%)

They already do attach them. I see peelies in trades all the time. People take them anyway.
    Coupons came out today in SoF and are already gone.
    LF
    FT

Karma Canuck
    Trading Score
    140 (100%)

looks like i missed another run of coupons

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

Wow..I'm in PA too....and I've also heard of the infamous sisters and their coupon class!! I've even heard a name...which I won't repeat because it could be wrong but I'm sure they don't care what we think as long as they profit. It doesn't help that our SS guy is a bit nuts....did you notice the Campbell's soup coupon in the freezer a few months ago?? and he didn't even put out the Catelli till over a week later.

I went this Friday to get some of the new SS coupons and apparently they were put out late Thursday...and all the Adams and Campbells were gone already...geesh.

Not to mention I feel like I'm being stalked as I take my 4 coupons off each pad now...one guy was actually shaking his head at me. They are really watching at Safeway which makes it really uncomfortable for normal couponers to go in there. I feel like I'm actually stealing coupons...o...m...g.

To be honest, if I see a tearpad now I'm tempted to take more then I need because I'm sure it will be scooped up by those two women, it makes it bad for everyone.

I recently went on vacation and the Safeway there had coupons still left from 3 weeks ago!! That's how it should be.

You should meet up with us and our little coupon group meeting...we share whatever we find!

Thanks for the post to vent!

J

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information