User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Expired
    Hello, I'm a producer for CBC TV News in Toronto. We're trying to do a story today on people using loyalty points for their Xmas shopping. If you're doing this, or know someone who is, in any major Canadian centre, ESPECIALLY TORONTO OR WINNIPEG...please email me at:

[email protected]

Thanks very much.

Larry Guerriero
    CBC TV News
    This thread is currently associated with: Shoppers Drug Mart

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Very cool I'll blog post this under flyers for his week for you for wider readership! Thanks for thinking of us!
    Last edited by Sally888; Sat, Dec 13th, 2008 at 11:37 AM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Hi Larry

I saw a posting on smartcanucks.com and thank you for doing a story on loyalty points to do their X-mas shopping.
    I am a Canadian consumer and a mother who has been on Mat Leave for the last two years. I've returned to work during a time which there is a globo economic crisis. I've lived on coupons, scouring flyers for deals and shopping CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP each and every week. In the end my efforts allowed my family to have a small nest egg set aside.
    Even though I've returned to work, I am still using coupons, rebates and refunding my points to save where ever I can. Just last week or two, my husband bought at Canadian Tire over $300 of merchandise for X-mas and used it's Canadian Tire Money. We paid $4.00 for his shopping!...and I have the receipt to prove it!
    We also collect AirMiles and saving for a BOSE system and we are half way there!
    During the Anniversary Sale at Walmart I stocked up on diapers, wipes, formula, paper towels, laundry detergent, toothpaste, shampoo & conditioner, toilet paper.
    Just to give you an idea on my savings on Pamper products which would cost be about $235 not including tax at other retailers
    Purchased 5 boxes of diapers and 5 boxes of wipes:
    Sale Savings Approx: $60.00
    Coupons Used: $30.00
    Walmart Rebate Received for purchaing Pampers: $75.00
    Total Savings: $165.00 which means I only paid aprox $70.

In hard times, families can still live well and take advantage of savings wherever we can. I know this is not the story you were looking for but I thought I'd share my experience. I was able to live on $820 biweekly, insurance, contribute to RESP's, RRSP, phone bills and other expenses, while my husband banked all his pay cheques. I say "It's not how much you make! It's how much you save!" By cutting back on the little things end up adding up in the end!

Thank you

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

agoncalves, make sure to email this to him

and don't forget were smartcanucks.ca

Great post!

Being Polite Is Very Easy WandaJean's Avatar
    Trading Score
    31 (97%)

I emailed....

Re: Christmas Gifts-$0.00- Priceless

Hi larry,
    I seen your post on smartcanucks.ca and I wanted to share with you on how I spent $0.00 on Christmas present, first off I have an Airmiles Card, I do not use it when I am buying groceries but I do get points when enterinng contests, doing surverys for Airmiles and signing up for newsletters, now I do not get lots of points but I was able to redeem for a 10.00 A&P- a nice gift for Mom -who is on Old Age pension.

Also I am a meber of some points for prizes website, pointsandprizes.com and mypoints.com, with pointsand prizes.com you search for words enter them and colect points...I have enough points for many the prizes they offer..books, dvd, cd, toys...etc..I have to choose a prize still.
    On mypoints.com you can shop and earn points, or you can do surverys, click links on emails etc. I DO NOT shop online so I accumulate my points by by email clicks and surveys..I just redeemed my points for a 10.00 Home Depot Card- nice gift for my son..who is just starting a "tool collection"
    I have also used free samples I have received to give as gifts, for example I have made gifts bags with Schick Intuition razors, shampoo, body wash, etc etc..All these were purchased with Free Product Sample Coupons of special promotions via the internet.
    I am so glad to have found Smartcanucks.ca where I have found so many of these offers, being a disabled person on a monthly budget these "tips" have saved me hundreds of dollars every year.
    I hope you take the time to look around SmartCanucks.ca and see all it has to offer.
    happy holidays
    Wanda *****
    aka WandaJean on SmartCanucks.ca
    Thank You SC'rs for all the contests/samples/freebies, etc. that you post.
    Join Swagbucks today! Get those freebies!!!http://www.swagbucks.com/<WBR>refer/WandaJean $725.00 aprx of freebies From Amazon...I love Free

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I emailed. Has anyone received else a reply, as I just did?

Trading Score
    31 (97%)

I did.
    Join Swagbucks today! Get those freebies!!!http://www.swagbucks.com/<WBR>refer/WandaJean $725.00 aprx of freebies From Amazon...I love Free

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

oh cool! hmm if i have some time will email them the few things i did not as impressive as some people's but will still email him anyways...

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Going by our conversation(s) he is interested he is looking at all aspects of the loyalty programs. Submit your opinions whether good/bad.

He is genuinely researching this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    59 (100%)

this sounds interesting. wish they could do another story on couponing, its way more interesting than using loyalty points xmas shopping. i mean, you have to shop to get those points, and in order to get the best deals when you shop you use coupons. also, i bet lotta ppl here used coupons to get freebies for xmas stocking stuffers and presents/baskets rather than using points. why waste points when you can get them for free, right? LOL

Trading Score
    31 (97%)

I want so know when it will be broadcasted so we can watch. I hope he tells us.

Trading Score
    31 (97%)

I have spent $0 and I use airmiles and mypoints.com

Trading Score
    96 (100%)

yes you can get way better things in my opinion with couponing and this way you dont have to wait or loyalty pints etc to build up

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I have touched on that aspect...trades, couponing. I have told him there are several levels with loyalty points.
    He's interested.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Yay

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information