User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Being Polite Is Very Easy WandaJean's Avatar
    Trading Score
    31 (97%)

no coupons..but didn't cost me anything lol...
    yup...SC will get lots more members...to share freebies and coupons...deals..etc.thanks National Post
    Thank You SC'rs for all the contests/samples/freebies, etc. that you post.
    Join Swagbucks today! Get those freebies!!!http://www.swagbucks.com/<WBR>refer/WandaJean $725.00 aprx of freebies From Amazon...I love Free

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MissGodiva2u View Post
    To me this journalist is the one that is sick and obviously doesn't need to clip coupons and watch for sales to get what he needs !!!
    He is probably an overpaid @$$h*le. Never has known what it is like to make ends meet.
    Last edited by koala; Sun, Dec 14th, 2008 at 12:41 AM.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Well guys, I plan to go to the 10% event at Zellers tomorrow. If you hear about a woman wearing a ski mask, and holding a coupon while stripping their shelves dry....well that might be me.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by koala View Post
    He is probably an overpaid @$$h*le. Never has known what it is like to make ends meet.
    Nah, he prefers to resort to lying and misrepresentation....

Retailers Kiss-ing up
    Kevin Baker, Financial Post
    Published: Saturday, December 06, 2008

Last week we shopped SportChek's Friends & Family Sale. No one in our family works at SportChek. We do not have a SportChek employee for a friend (nothing personal). We felt slightly fraudulent claiming the discount. If anybody asked for proof of a SportChek relationship, we were prepared to mention a niece's boyfriend, Johnny or something, who works in the warehouse.

http://www.financialpost.com/scripts...tml?id=1039544
    Last edited by travelgeek; Sun, Dec 14th, 2008 at 01:02 AM.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Hey, this guy is giving some good discount tips. He can keep writing.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Bet he used to scam before becoming a so called journalist. Seems like he has some tricks up his sleeves !

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

He seems to have something against people who are struggling to make ends meet. Why is he so mad at people who try to get the best deals?

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

Honestly,
    His writings don't bother me at all. I really never understood people who bash other people or groups .. for any reason. I mean, if he wants to poop his pants over people saving money and using coupons... good for him! Doesn't make what we are doing wrong, does not make his writings correct, and we are still saving money (or getting the product free) while he pays full price.

Please take a second to follow my brand new blog:
    Belinda's Babblings

I've been away for quite some time so I apologize if I repost a contest by accident! Feel free to message me and let me know if I've done this and I'll delete it : )

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

well, the person who had this many coupons might be the one (sorry i don't remember your name) who mentionned that she shop to give to woman shelter

and she said she tell the cashier when she gets to the store that she'll have
    a lot of coupons....

and in WM policy, they say that if you have more than 40 coupons, you need the manager OK....

in the case mentionned above, i don't think that using multiple same coupons or different coupons does make a difference

ok, we have to take care not to abuse the generosity of those companies though
    and to be honest in the way we uses coupons

i think this guy is going way too far in his "qualifications"
    maybe this guy didn't watch "Opra Show" when a lady showed how to make your grocerie bill goes to almost nothing......she uses a lot of coupons....and i guess many more than anyone here has ever used in one shot...
    what amazed me is the cashier didn't not even check the coupons ....she scanned them all fast

and how about this show after the news on Fryday night ( unfortunately i missed it) "Spread the Joy of Spending Less"

times are that everyone try to strech their money....and i don't see what's wrong with it.

unfortunately, i thing that writing to him will just gives him more munitions to shoot at us....
    but maybe , having a journalist of a good rep. writing an article about us will work better.

sorry if i was so long
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

[quote=Mia001;608546]

ok, we have to take care not to abuse the generosity of those companies though
    and to be honest in the way we uses coupons

I don't think anyone abuses the " generosity " of these companies. They are NOT being generous , it is simply marketing ! They make a whole bunch of money , just remember if it wasn't profitable they wouldn't do it.

Using coupons makes you try their products and maybe they'll attract you to keep on using their products for always.

In the end maybe companies would have liked for many people to get a chance to try their product cause of their promotion, but guess what ? the companies don't lose money over it as it was proven that only a very small percentage of coupons are actually traded in by consumers.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

you got me wrong

i didn't say that people abuses the companies or are dishonest

my words weren't a judgement of any one for how they use their coupons

and i would say..."Who am i to judge others?'"
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I'm pretty sure the author is a moron... Anyone have his email, my DH has a long tirade to write about his loose usage of the term sociopath...

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

LOL so now I just found out I'm a sociopath ROFL
    apparently the person that wrote it didnt do a lot of research they just randomly threw out site names without checking the details...but no such thing as bad publicity so joke is on him

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    59 (100%)

i decided to write to the editor, but they have so many editors there i wasn't sure who's the right person to write to, so i just randomly picked one. i mean, the article should've at least mentioned details of the MMW deal. i dont think shoppers (even abusers) are solely to blame if MMW lacks foresight when they put out coupons. we are not the ones paid to protect their benefit.

Gosh, the last paragraph in that article implies those who used the coupon could be THIEVES.
    Last edited by daphne010180; Sun, Dec 14th, 2008 at 05:03 PM.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Maybe I shoulld send him FPC's and share in my sociopathic nature Lmao

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information