User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Trading Score
    16 (94%)

Quote Originally Posted by sleepingsublime View Post
    Oh also at the end of summer "wine cooler season" all NEW coolers that were brought out in spring time that head office has decided not to carry die to lack of popularity (not bad tasting) will go on sale drastically as they try to clear them out of the warehouse to make room for incoming christmas stock.
    good tip. i have seen those on sale. i would buy those, but brands like Scapa or Brut, I never seen on sale. Some mid priced scotch's make it to gift packages, but I am talking about your single malt, 18+, smokey, woodsy, sexy-as-all-get-out liquors or champagnes, this does not seem to need a sale market.

I laughed when you mentioned you worked at the liquor store in BC. you must have had a hoot! my brother in law manages one in ontario, worked there his whole life and has the funniest stories ever. we also seem to have a limitless supply of those shot glasses and one ouncer promos that get ripped off the bottles that go back to the company unsold...lol
    if at first you don't succeed, do it the way your wife told you...

Trading Score
    16 (94%)

Quote Originally Posted by cliff322 View Post
    Does anyone know abotu this for Ontario? If so can you post where we can buy it.
    we have the good food box in barrie. I must say, if you are paying attention and get your veggies on sale, you can get them cheaper elsewhere. i do like the good food box because it gives you a variety of veggies and it forces you to try things that you normally would not.

the only thing is, if carrots and onions are cheaper for some reason, you can expect half your order to be carrots and onions....lol.

I go to the reduced veggie section and will take those less-than-perfect onions, celery, peppers, pretty much whatever freezes well. I then clean, cut out bad parts, chop and put into freezer.

i use these for stir fry's OR if the veggies are a little more dated, I toss them into my "freezer soup" bag. all my broth, mir poire, stock, demi glace, ingredients go here. it works great. same for fruits. if your gonna make pies, the fresh berries or apples are perfect at %50 off!

i also buy the bagged bananas. and some green, full priced ones. whatever does not get eaten goes into the freezer for banana bread or smoothies.
    if at first you don't succeed, do it the way your wife told you...

Nicole
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Chunky Soup is bound to be on sale at one of the main food chains. During our busy holiday, my significant other and I found Chunky soup for $1.49!!! We stocked up (he takes one in his linch everyday), that saves us fromt he $2.50 and up prices you see, if you go through this stuff like we do, keep your eyes open!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

The list is short.

1. Never pay full price for anything, the end. LOL

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Quote Originally Posted by nmcgrath View Post
    Chunky Soup is bound to be on sale at one of the main food chains. During our busy holiday, my significant other and I found Chunky soup for $1.49!!! We stocked up (he takes one in his linch everyday), that saves us fromt he $2.50 and up prices you see, if you go through this stuff like we do, keep your eyes open!!
    Ya know there is even coupons for Chunky Soup like that buy 3 and get one free like sorta like that I have seen them around...they usually printable coupons.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

Great thread! Thanks for bumping!

Since joining SC & have saved alot! Use coupons for almost everything!
    cleaning supplies, tp, pt, toothpaste, toothbrushes, cosmetics, sanitary pads, shampoo/cond, hair gels, hair dye, bacon, milk, cheese, pasta, pasta sauce, campbells soup, rice, dove/olay body wash, dove/lever 2000 soap, coffee (got free Folgers $2 at WM for free), Int'l Delight creamer, mustard, ketchup, relish, jam, baking supplies like flour, cake mix/frosting, tenderflake pie/tart shells, baking soda, crisco lard/oil, splenda, pie filling, bulk barn coupons for nuts etc, chocolate chips, brownie mix, Glad wrap/sandwich bags/freezer bags... the list is endless, lol

Also just got 5 Old Spice gift sets on sale for $5-$5cpn! for next Xmas! for Free!
    WM also has 75% off Xmas stuff on sale now so good time to pick up a few things for next year!

I only try to buy whats on sale & use coupons whenever possible! Thanks to SC for showing me how to shop Smart!

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffasale View Post
    Is this the thread you are thinking of?

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/78936-i...-price-canada/

I printed it out and keep it in the front of my coupon binder. I refer to it often!
    ------------

Thanks for the link! It was b4 my time here!

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I'm really trying to stay ahead of the game by buying stuff I need ahead of when I need it. When we buy things because we need it, we are at the mercy of the stores.

Example: toilet paper, regular price for Royale (in this area) is $9.99- $10.99. I'm not paying that!!!!

I wait until it goes on sale for $2.99-$4.99, then I stock up and I use the coupons from gocoupons.ca of course.

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thecountess View Post
    I'm really trying to stay ahead of the game by buying stuff I need ahead of when I need it. When we buy things because we need it, we are at the mercy of the stores.
    I guess, but I can still manage to find a good deal when I need it. I stay ahead a bit on items that I buy all the time, eg. listerine, toilet paper, toothpaste.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    I guess, but I can still manage to find a good deal when I need it. I stay ahead a bit on items that I buy all the time, eg. listerine, toilet paper, toothpaste.

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Threads merged.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Two other things I just thought of are pads (feminine) and laundry detergent. Regular prices on these are insane. I always stock up when they are on sale and I have coupons.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Considering Toilet paper is all made with pulp or the same way except for those ones who say they use recycled paper you are probably paying 1. Brand 2. Union 3. Ply 4. How far away its been shipped 5. Competition
    Live, Love, Laugh

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't know about elsewhere, but here in Edmonton (North end store) Sobeys takes their fresh baked bread and put 4 loaves in one bag and sells it for $5.49, where as each loaf is $1.79 (I think...). But its a HUGE savings!!! I usually grab quite a few bags and freeze them!

Trading Score
    43 (98%)

I have two simple words......FREE TAMPONS!! lol i will NEVER pay full price again!!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread Information