User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I work @ SDM as a cashier part time in the evenings and on the weekends. Last weekend 2 ladies came up to my cash with a cart full of pop and other things. The limit for pop at my location is 4 per family. She had about 10. LOL
    Usually I am very strict with the limits because I am a firm believer in fairness. We have those limits for a reason. (So people who own convenience stores don't come in and buy us out then jack up the prices of the items and sell it in thier own store for quad the price *shakes fist*)
    Anywho, back to my story...
    So I started ringing her out and noticed she had a hand full of coupons. I told her it's okay, I am damn good with coupons and asked her if she knew what Smart Canucks was. She did! And she is a member! So since we had a gagillion cases of pop I let this one slide and cashed her out on 3 seperate bills. We were talking about coupons we have gotten and she asked me if I got the Kashi granola bars. I told her damn right I did and said we had them here at SDM. She had no clue we sold them there, so she ran back and grabbed some with the coupon she had. She was so thankful, she ended up coming back an hour later and giving me an invite to the Loreal thingy! I was so content! I love helping out fellow SC'ers!

Thanks again Joanna for the Loreal invite! Hope to see you again at SDM!

This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve meat my best." - Marilyn Monroe

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

A happy cashier? I don't see many of those!
    Good story.

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

What a nice story!! Why can't all the cashier's i go to be as nice as you?? Keep up the good job!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Nice to have happy cashiers on our side.

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Since you work at SDM, can you answer a question for me? I have troubles a couple of weeks ago at my local one.

Can you use coupons on items that are in the clearance section? I had an olay buy 3 get $10 off coupon, and I was using it on 3 definitely mousse cleansers. The manager was making it sound like she was going out of her way to allow me to use my coupon. Do you normally allow this?

And are cashiers allowed to "modify" coupons, say I am buying dove body wash and it's on sale for $2.99, I have a $3 off coupon. Can I use that coupon? or is it not allowable since is over the value of the coupon. Can you adjust the coupon to $2.99? I was told by a SDM manager that this was "manipulating" the coupon.
    Last edited by Justine; Wed, May 13th, 2009 at 02:05 PM.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

wooo

and ENJOY THE SALE!!! lol
    it's a blast

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

that's a really good story. always good to hear about happy cashiers and sc members helping each other out!! thumbs up!!
    My Trade List Saved $1993 in 2010..trying to beat that in 2011

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Okay...

#1. You can use as many coupons as you want on sale items. That is ridiculous they made a fuss about that.
    #2. If the coupon says: "Taxes are included in face value of coupon", she has to give you the full $3.00 off, if not, they give you what the value is of the product.

I don't understand why they fight so much, even if we sell the item to you for less than the coupon value, we still get fully reimbursed! SDM does not have a coupon policy...however, we do only accept St. John coupons, which is basically any coupon in Canada. LOL
    Hope this solves your problem. Next time you go and they give you hassles just say "you guys do not have a coupon policy. As long as it is a St. johns coupon, you have to take it! SO TAKE IT!" LOLLL
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve meat my best." - Marilyn Monroe

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Damn right!

Great story, it made me smile.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mel!cious View Post
    Okay...

#1. You can use as many coupons as you want on sale items. That is ridiculous they made a fuss about that.
    There is an exception to this and that is when the UPC has been blacked out and the item has an individual price sticker on it. This is usually done for discontinued items from penny scans. The UPC would no longer be in the system, and would instead be rung in as "$2 - HBA or Cosm. or whatever".

Also, there's no coupon policy at SDM because the stores are individually owned. It's at the discretion of the store manager.

-I worked there for years and have a few family members in management.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Our store doesn't black out the UPC, I didn't even think about that lol.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

Thanks for all the useful info-and thumbs up to you for being such a great cashier understanding couponers!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I'm so afraid to use coupons at my local SDM by my apartment. Ugh, the people there started a fight with me once, and I got sooo embarrassed. I never use coupons there anymore. Instead when I have SDM coupons, I go downtown lol

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Why be embarassed?? EF them! lol I would start a bigger fight lol
    It's just coupons, it's not like you're demanding you get everything free. LOL

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I dunno, it was all about the $9.99 gillette fusion rasors, and I had a $10 coupon. One of 'those' stories/fights lol....SO EFF THEM. They're not getting my coupons It's okay, I never redeem them there at SDM anyway. I wait until my weekly trip to Walmart, lol.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information