User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By amatheson77

Thread: Mystery Shopping Agency (Earn up to $28/hr)

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Below is a review of Mystery Shopping Agency on http://www..

I would love to hear some honest reviews of other people who have tried the service. Please do not post negative comments or reviews about the agency if you have not tried it. The Mystery Shopping Agency is not a scam. If you are not happy with the agency you can easily have your money refunded.

One important thing to note is that this website is not the employer. You are not paying to get hired for mystery shops. You are paying for service that teaches you everything you need to know about mystery shopping and connects you to the actual employers.

Review of Mystery Shopping Agency:

After weeks of contemplating I finally decided to try the Mystery Shopping Agency.

I became a member instantly after creating a username and password. Once in the member’s area you are given a ton of information about how Mystery Shopping works and what to expect. The member’s area basically teaches you everything you need to know to become a trusted mystery shopper which doesn’t happen overnight. Your first step after signing up is to become mystery shopping certified. To become certified you have to take an online course which teaches everything you must write in your follow up reports after your Mystery Shop.

When you first start Mystery Shopping they recommend a Silver certification which costs about $15.00. Once you get certified you are directed to several applications in which you fill out with your personal information and your certification id. After several applications are filled the jobs start rolling in.

Unfortunately with my new job I do not have time to do the Mystery Shops so I decided to request a refund. Getting the refund was quick and painless. I simply went to http://www.clickbank.com/orderDetail.htm?clear=true and entered the order information and 3 days later the $34.00 was refunded.

I have a friend who joined the agency a couple weeks before me. He became certified and has completed a few shopping missions. He told me that for one of his missions he had to buy a hairdryer from Wal-Mart and then had to return it. After he was to write a small report on his experience. He was then given a check for the amount of the hairdryer.

So if you have the time and are serious about Mystery Shopping then this agency is definitely a great place to get started.
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart
    Last edited by tomrob; Mon, Aug 10th, 2009 at 02:04 AM. Reason: added review

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tomrob View Post
    Has anyone tried that Mystery Shopping Agency on http://www.?

Curious on how it works and if it's worth the time.
    Interesting website name..
    FREE PayPal $$ and Amazon Gift Cards!
    https://www.swagbucks.com/profile/tommygunn

Easy way to get Amazon Gift Cards, PayPal $$, and much more! Join MyPoints!
    https://www.mypoints.com?rb=31269562

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

it is write : Earn up to $28/hr.......with mystery shopper companies you never do 28$/hr maybe 10$ per hour.....bad publicity....
    Last edited by canuck202; Tue, Jul 28th, 2009 at 10:17 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

doesnt look legitimate to me

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I came across this last night when surfing and I was wondering too. Seemed a little weird though that you could make all this money and had to PAY to join.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm going to pass on this one, I don't beleive in fast money.

I've made over 200$ on the web, Got enough freebies to equal the raw cash too... but it's been about 2 years in the process.

Still... gotta love free shampoo and ice cream :D

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I do agree it is odd that you have to pay to join. For that reason I sent them an email inquiring why payment is required? They replied with this:

Payment is required for two reasons:

The $34 membership fee is there for 2 reasons.

1. It covers admin cost, constant online training updates, adding new employers to our database, and to cover the cost of maintaining staff so that we continue to provide you with ongoing support for all your questions and queries.
    2. It weeds out the "not so serious job" hunters from the genuine mystery shop seekers looking for legitimate mystery shop assignments. We are only looking for people who are going to respect mystery shopping as a real job who in turn are going to treat it with care and attention to detail like any other job.
    They also ensured that there was a 60 day money back garauntee.

Last edited by tomrob; Wed, Jul 29th, 2009 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Spelling Mistake

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

you should NEVER pay anyone for a job... its so obvious!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    31 (100%)

Hm... I wouldn't trust it, just because you have to pay to join. Their reasoning seems suspicious. I wouldn't give them any money.

P.S. Did they rip off the smart canucks name?!? If so, they seem to be capitalizing on an already successful website. That's another reason not to trust them.
    Sign up for Swag Bucks and earn free gift cards. PM me for sign-up codes and tips!

25 Point Bonus on sign-up with superpoints! Click here =)

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just a reminder please do not post negative comments or reviews about the agency if you have not tried it. If you are skeptical then just don't use it. But to damage the reputation of the agency is unfair unless you have actually tried the service and had a problem with it.
    Last edited by tomrob; Mon, Aug 10th, 2009 at 02:03 AM. Reason: reminder

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sure sounds easy to cancel.

What's weird is that if you lookup the register of the domain name it turns out the site is owned by a tom roberts (tomrob?).

http://whois.domaintools.com/

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The website is parked by an owner named Tom Roberts. I (tomrob) am affiliated with the owner of the website however do not own the Mystery Shopping Agency nor am I an active member. It is great to be skeptical but please know that my review is unbiased and I encourage reviews negative or positive of other people who try the service.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi!

After viewing the site I became very interested in joining as a member of SEP.

The only concern that I have is, even though it is said here NOT to be a scam, is that there is no support number to call prior to making any payments. After the countless internet scams that have proven successful to those creating them it is hard to trust an internet based company solely on written words.

Is there any way to speak of SEP BEFORE making any payments toward membership?

~BlueDude~

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The best mystery shopping job I have ever had was working for Safeway in BC. Because they want all the stores to have the same service they take the program seriously with training and a decent wage, now that I am in Alberta I notice they don't seem to have it in place here.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I can confirm that 'shopperscanada' appears to be a scam. The website makes it look very legit, but after you pay for $39 ‘admin fee’, all they do is give you a list of other companies that you can contact to sign up with. These companies are not secret – you could easily find them in your own web search. So, as far as I can tell, you are in essence paying $39 for a web search results list. I feel really stupid for having fallen for this and hope my comment makes other people think twice.
    Horndogg and sunshine525 like this.

Thread Information