Forum and Google Adsense Policy for
Last Updated: April 7th, 2012
- SmartCanucks recognizes that you care about the personal information that is held about you and how that is used.
- By registering to SmartCanucks you need to submit a chosen name and contact information, more specifically an e-mail address. No extremely personal information, such as Social Security or Credit Card numbers are stored by us.
- We use third-party companies to serve ads and collect non-personally identifiable information (e.g., the pages you visit, and which links you click, which ads you see and click on, and the categories of search terms you enter) when you visit our web site. These companies may use the information outlined above (which does not include your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. These companies often use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information.
- SmartCanucks will not sell, transmit or distribute any data held without your prior permission or consent, unless required to do so under relevant Canadian legislation.
- All other information provided by you goes into a "public profile" and is entirely optional, all information held in that profile is held there at your own risk. This info is edited via your Control Panel in the forums.
- SmartCanucks will take all reasonable effort to ensure that all personal information about you submitted is maintained secure on our server. However, we make no warranty to this.