User Tag List

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My mom is moving to BC, and is giving me a bunch of stuuf, big furniture included. She lives in a city about an hour away and needs to rent a truck. The only credit card we have is a pre paid, and the only place I found (Besides UHaul) that has a truck, won't accept prepaid CC's for the deposit. Does anyone know of any place that will accept? We only have until Thursday to find something.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

London Mom,

I was under the impression that that credit card does not get charged it is just listed for security. When we moved before we had a credit card we just gave them a cash deposit in place of the credit card then when we returned the truck they gave us back the money.

I am not sure of any other truck rental places. You might want to try Hertz, or Budget, Discount Truck rentals....

Sorry I could not be of more help... Good Luck

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

They take money out, I assume just to make sure you have enough funds in there, then they put it right back in, so they don't keep it, just for security reasons I guess. I called budget, but the guy didn't really listen to me. They only accept cash deposit on Cars full size and under, and when I asked what the deposit for a truck was, he said $300 cash, check stub and current utility bill with a $0 balance... and since he just said they don't accept cash deposit for TRUCKS, I'm assuming he thought I meant car. Thanks for your help though! I'll call the other places and see what they have

Thread Information