User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Allergic to Stupidity
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bellissimarobotica
    Even independent of resizing and PDF making, people still abused them consciously. I'm fairly certain SC Johnson didn't intend for any one individual to collect 80+ candles

Gee, ya think? LOL
    Truthfully, that has ALWAYS struck me as wrong (not to mention that it's unethical) ... and seriously, who needs 50+ candles? Unless you can't afford Hydro - in which case, how do you get on the internet? Or run your printer? LOL

YES, we all love free, or we wouldn't be here, but isn't ONE freebie coupon enough?
    Last edited by Kaldirris; Thu, Sep 17th, 2009 at 02:58 PM.
    Better to remain silent & be thought a fool than to open your mouth & confirm it.
    $15 Paypal, $100 Amazon since July, and counting! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Kaldirris

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bellissimarobotica View Post
    I bet a lot of places will immediately stop accepting printed coupons once they realize they won't be compensated for this stuff.

Even independent of resizing and PDF making, people still abused them consciously. I'm fairly certain SC Johnson didn't intend for any one individual to collect 80+ candles.

unfortunately most stores in my area have stopped accepting them already i guess there are a ton of people on my block with candles in every room lol No wonder my friends always ask why my street smells like lavender and vanilla lol (kidding)

Smart Canuck GottaLoveFreeebies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I got a bit of trouble trying to redeem a couple of the Stayfree coupons (which you are allowed to print multiple times from the site) at SDM the other day.....they told me people are literally printing off hundreds of coupons and bringing them in!!! They accepted them from me that day but told me that they may not accept them in the future.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    114 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GottaLoveFreeebies View Post
    I got a bit of trouble trying to redeem a couple of the Stayfree coupons (which you are allowed to print multiple times from the site) at SDM the other day.....they told me people are literally printing off hundreds of coupons and bringing them in!!! They accepted them from me that day but told me that they may not accept them in the future.
    It was posted somewhere else on SC that the stayfree coupon from the stayfree site has changed-it now states $2 off on any regular priced stayfree product. So the $2 coupon that is currently on the pdf format list is no longer valid in my opinion. I have thrown out all the old ones I had previously printed off too.
    Last edited by spanneen; Thu, Sep 17th, 2009 at 07:30 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

this happened with colgate too. i was looking for the $1.50 coupon when i found this: http://www.colgate.com/app/Colgate/U...na-coupon.cvsp

This offer, which was intended for a limited number of Aetna customers, was inadvertently placed on the Aetna web site in a PDF format. The file was immediately removed upon discovery of the error.

A few honest consumers legitimately downloaded and used the unauthorized “coupon” during the short time period it was available. These individuals should be complimented for their savvy shopping and we appreciate their efforts during these challenging economic times.

Unfortunately, a few individuals have reproduced the “coupon” without authorization; posted the image on various web sites; transferred it to others; and even modified it—in violation of the terms and conditions included in the coupon offer and possibly Federal law. As a result, Colgate-Palmolive will not pay for future submissions of this reproduced image.
    if you go on the site it shows an example of how the coupon was modified to print four to a page, just like the glade one. gotta be careful - always read and follow the fine print on the coupons EXACTLY. stores may take them at first but the company will reject them later and it's a loss for the store and shoppers in the end.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

i feel bad too...i didn't use that much but i'm an honest person and i don't want to lose my reputation for a few $
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by rifinij View Post
    this happened with colgate too. i was looking for the $1.50 coupon when i found this: http://www.colgate.com/app/Colgate/U...na-coupon.cvsp

if you go on the site it shows an example of how the coupon was modified to print four to a page, just like the glade one. gotta be careful - always read and follow the fine print on the coupons EXACTLY. stores may take them at first but the company will reject them later and it's a loss for the store and shoppers in the end.

never saw this one before.. thanks

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Wow. I think it's about time ALL of the pdf coupons were removed. It's a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I wanted to use some of the Natrel coupons posted today because I looove their milk. Before I used them though, I wanted to make sure they were valid, because I hate the idea of a store not getting their money. Here's their response:

"The coupon appears to be one we had on our website and that has been removed in July. These coupons are not valid."

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for letting us know! I think a lot of people were unaware of this. I've recently decided to limit my use of internet coupons and will only trust the ones that I print directly off of the manufacturer's site (not because I think people are intentionally making fraudulent copies but because it's so easy to do without knowing it.) I haven't used a lot of printed coupons in the past but several of the ones I have used I've later found out were illegitimate, which has really bothered me.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Katyana08 View Post
    Wow. I think it's about time ALL of the pdf coupons were removed. It's a lawsuit waiting to happen.
    I agree. Although someone may think that these reproduced printable coupons are all legal, valid and original, I doubt that they all at least violate the copyright law.

The manufacturers own the copyright of the coupons. How can it be legal to convert the coupons to pdf format and post these reproduced coupons in the internet without the permission of the copyright owners?

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good to know. My walmart hasn't been accepting the small sized
    coupons. Aparently,they need to see the website where the coupon was printed at the top of the page.

Trading Score
    67 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Katyana08 View Post
    I wanted to use some of the Natrel coupons posted today because I looove their milk. Before I used them though, I wanted to make sure they were valid, because I hate the idea of a store not getting their money. Here's their response:

"The coupon appears to be one we had on our website and that has been removed in July. These coupons are not valid."

But what if you printed it in July and haven't used it yet? How can they determine when you are abe to use it if the expiry date has not passed?

Curious what all the hype is about SWAGBUCKS? It's the b
    est online program ever! Send me a message if you have any questions or want to learn more.
    Join here:
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/kylesmamma

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyles_Mama View Post
    But what if you printed it in July and haven't used it yet? How can they determine when you are abe to use it if the expiry date has not passed?
    If you downloaded the coupon directly from Natrel and printed out in July, you can use it before the expiry date. However, if you downloaded coupons posted elsewhere, Natrel said that those coupons are not valid. Since Natrel is the copyright owner of the coupon, they have a say on which coupon is valid. Only the copyright owner of the coupon, the manufacturer, can determine the validity of a coupon, not you or me, or anyone here.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GottaLoveFreeebies View Post
    Oh, that's too bad. Yeah, lots with stacks of them put their deals and pics of them in the Bragging section.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information