User Tag List

Page 15 of 77 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    117 (100%)

I received my Greenworks FPC today. Thank you Jojos and Giving Small! I have another envelope almost ready to send to GS, I am going to wait another couple of days though to see if I find anything at the store or any trades come in the mail.

Lizzy BoardLine
    Trading Score
    423 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giving-Small View Post
    Lizzy

So I was check on these.

**75 cents WUB 2 Carnation milk(51524991)--Apr.30/2010
    -I could use 30 more of these

**$1.00 WUB 3 Carnation milk(51525109)--Dec31/09
    This one is new to me, so love all I can get, please.

**50 cents Red Rose Tea(87410124)--Nov30/09
    No TY - I have enough of these for now

I have (21) --51524991 --hopefully someone can find more of the pamphlets. I found some at SuperStore.

I have (28) --51524109 --I'll look for more.

Trading Score
    202 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Islandgirl View Post
    Just getting my envie ready......finally, I know, it has been a hectic week. GS do you need any of the Splenda coupons out of the newest shop/save or smartsource, can't remember exactly which one it was in??? So far i am only a 7th of Lizzy the Great but you are the winner GS or should I say the people you are helping are!!!!

Hi GS, I searched but didn't see if you wanted these or not, got a bunch if it's a yes $1.00 off expires Mar. 31, 2010, #04378222, thanks, Moe.

Trading Score
    344 (100%)

Thanks. I received the envie today and took out $12.50 worth of coupons and put in $42.00. It is kinda thick, but there are lots of different coupons in there.

Great train..thanks. I am still putting my stuff together. I have been away but it is slowly coming together. Hope to mail it out sometime this week.

Looks like this is going well. Very impressive everyone!

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Littlemoe - I can use 5 to 10 of those. I hope I get enough other coupons to stack. Crossing my fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlemoe0 View Post
    Hi GS, I searched but didn't see if you wanted these or not, got a bunch if it's a yes $1.00 off expires Mar. 31, 2010, #04378222, thanks, Moe.
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Already do swagbucks?try Instagc or pm me for invite codes for Gifthulk.

Trading Score
    164 (100%)

I am still working on my envie... I am 1/2 way through my coupies and hope to be done and envie shipped by the weekend

Trading Score
    317 (100%)

I have lots of the different Catelli and Carnation Ev Milk coupons, all different UPCs that I've sent to GS, plus I have another set of coupons with more to come next week!

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

October 4 - Monday

I'm dreaming of a long long doze,
    Just like the ones I used to knowz.

Where the coupons are stackable
    and deals are agreeable

And the hamper is full up to Wishes' nose.

I think all the excitement tired me out. After going in high gear, I dropped down to neutral for a few days and did lots of dozing the past three days.

But have no fear, I did haul more stuff back to my house and the drop-in.

Here's the hamper at the end of week 3 and Wishes is definitely catching 40 winks. This is more than I thought I might get for the whole -- let alone in three weeks.

Now there's more stuff for the hampers (see below) but until I have 70 of them, I'm not popping them in. I have10 Knorr Sidekicks plus Veggies. And will keep adding to those.

My Favourite Deal this Week

Oh yeah, oh yeah! I finally did it. Happy dance time.

Folger's Coffee - 900 g tins for $4.97 for free -- 6x. First time I could get coffee free. I would NEVER have gotten this deal without all of you helping me on this train.

So for the Drop-in using train coupons and some of my own, we were able to donate:

• 14 packs of Dove Soap (4 bars) = 64 bars
    • 6 Old Spice Deoderant
    • 2 Dove Shampoos
    • 1 craisins

I did a second shop and we got more stuff:

Hamper items

• 10 sidekicks
    • 2 Catelli pasta
    • 2 ready to serve Knorr soups
    • Ordered 9x Cheerios Olympic T-Shirts - Youth sizes

Drop-In Donations

• Another Folgers coffee
    • 2 Ensures
    • 8 boxes of tampax
    • 10 boxes of Dove (4 packs) = 40 bars

The Art of Attracting Turkeys - the de-feathered kind

I've been thinking about how do I get 70 turkeys. Turkeys even small ones end up being about $20 each. So I've started thinking about turkeys and some strategies - I want to talk to one store manager and see what they have to say about some way to help.

In the meantime - I have had 3 turkey donations "pledged" as I tell people that I'm pondering turkeys. So 3 turkeys, down; 67 to go. I also discussed having a "bottle drive for turkeys" -- in Saskatchewan we get 5, 10, and 40 cents depending on the drink container so it can add up. (That's how I bought most of the 23 dairy cows that I donate to Africa and Bangladesh). But what would be a catchy a light hearted slogan -- most of the people we can ask for the bottle drive are Univ. students or recent grads.

Help please. Here are my first amazing attempts ...

Bottles for Gobblers?
    Drink More Beer? Donate a Turkey?
    Don't be a Turkey? Give your bottles to buy a turkey?

We could use Xmas hamper somehow.

What rhymes with turkey anyway? Murky, jerky Albuquerque?

Thanks everybody for all your coupons, support and ideas. It's so great to be working with others to do this.
    Last edited by Giving-Small; Mon, Oct 5th, 2009 at 11:03 PM.
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    119 (100%)

I sent out my envie today....not as much as I wanted to gather but hopefully it will help in the long run!!!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Giving the company I work for no longer does this but we used to get a frozen Turkey at the beginning of Dec. Any turkeys left over at the end of the day were donated to shelters/foodbank. Maybe some large companies in your area do this and you could work something out for the hampers? Its sad that my company gives out the turkeys to employees or shelters in need because so many people looked forward to it.

I bought my turkey last year in Washington state for close to $4. A couple of the grocery stores put turkeys on really cheap each year close to American Thanksgiving. I will send you a GC for a turkey if you let me know where you might be getting one from or has the best price - I can also send you a cheque if that is better.

Also our bottle return centers (Encorp) have the option of donating the money from the bottles and cans you return to your choice of a huge list of charities. Maybe you can set up something like that for money for your turkeys along with bottle drives.
    I like Bottles for Gobblers!
    Also do you need more coupons for Knorr ready to serve soups? I have a couple different UPCs.

My husband's suggestion on how to come up with 67 more turkeys is to brush up on your hunting skills! LOL! He also suggested talking to a turkey farm to see if you can make a deal if you can raise funds for the turkeys. Save On Foods isn't in SK is it? I can redeem my Save On More points for a free turkey there.
    Last edited by Kay2371; Tue, Oct 6th, 2009 at 02:26 AM.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I also like Bottles for Gobblers.
    If a small turkey costs about $20...what sort of gc could I send to buy one??
    Have you received my envie yet?? Should be arriving soon I hope
    Last edited by healingsage; Tue, Oct 6th, 2009 at 02:01 AM.

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Well Kristin tell your husband that I could may be able to scare up one or two prairie chickens but not wild turkeys hereabouts.

I was actually thinking about wild geese - I probably could get those from hunters but I would have to pluck and dress them and freeze them. I'm not sure I'm up for that, nor do I really have the network for that - a 'geese plucking/dressing bee'. Somehow I suspect that it would be a bit tough to get volunteers.

I have been thinking that it's easier to ask for turkeys in the spring from a farmer - would you please raise an extra 10 so planning to ask that for 2010.

Q&A

We don't have Save on Foods.

Good idea on the companies that give turkeys - not sure which ones do that but I know someone who would know.

I know Superstore does it when you hit $250 ... I was thinking of organizing a group shop of 5 friends to try to hit $250 but it only gets one turkey and alot of folks don't shop at RCSS.

HealingSage - no envelope yet. There was one today and I'll post photo and info for tomorrow's mail call.

Turkeys and Gift Cards - Not looking for donations from any riders - really looking to tap your smart minds for ideas

HealingSage and Kay2371 - your both angels to suggest helping with turkeys but let me work on the local angle of the turkeys. You gals are giving lots already - I'm blown away by your offers and I'll tuck them away "in case of emergency". I just want to tap into the "many smart minds" on this train for ideas. For example, I never knew companies would give away extra turkeys for example- great new idea.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

O.k. here's hoping today is a great mail day.

Trading Score
    202 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giving-Small View Post
    Littlemoe - I can use 5 to 10 of those. I hope I get enough other coupons to stack. Crossing my fingers.

Okay, got that many, and will send any other splenda I have to go with it.

Trading Score
    202 (100%)

"Please donate your empties here, need to buy turkeys for Hampers this year"

"Guzzle for Gobblers"

My fave but doubt it would go over well, " Invest in Breast, Empties for Hampers"
    Last edited by Littlemoe0; Tue, Oct 6th, 2009 at 09:41 AM.

Page 15 of 77 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast

Thread Information