User Tag List

Page 86 of 450 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 136 186 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 6738
Like Tree3358Likes

Thread: The Official and ONLY Place to Discuss Negative Trade Experiences + Trade Blacklist

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    216 (100%)

Thanks! I think also it's just a matter of not knowing what to trade, how many to trade at one time etc. I think I've learned that it's not worth it to trade for one or two coupons for the price of the stamp based on my first forays into trades. Like I said though the trains have been awesome and I've learned a lot there.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Yes, bigger trades are always worth it since you are spending 57c (and soon to be 59c) on a stamp so that has to be taken into consideration
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kellyanna_99 View Post
    I'm a relative newbie. I did approach a few people about trading initially and was put off by it, and the response. Basically I was told wasn't worth their time. It could be true, but it came across as very rude to me. I've stuck with trains and done much better. It did seem to me that the trades wanted pie and the sky, and it was too rich for a newbie starting out. Also, not sure if it was the same situation, but I did inquire about getting extra brandsaver/smart source inserts, expecting to be asked for stamps, etc, but was surprised to be asked for a gift card in exchange. I just said I wasn't interested and went back to the newbie trains which have been an excellent learning curve for me as a newbie and very welcoming.

I usually have lots of P&G,RedPlum and Smart Source as i have lots of people saving for me.Sometimes i trade for stamps or coupons or i'll RAOK to people.

Heck we can't take them with us
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I have to admit I stopped trading after 5 people in a row wanted may 50 cents to 1 dollar less then what the trade was actually worth... Im not going to give someone 4 in stamps for 5$ coupon.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    216 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    I have to admit I stopped trading after 5 people in a row wanted may 50 cents to 1 dollar less then what the trade was actually worth... Im not going to give someone 4 in stamps for 5$ coupon.
    This is good information to know. THat is what I was/am unsure of what is a fair rate for stamps vs. coupons.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

kellyanna, usually 1 stamp for the first $5 in coupons plus one for postage then 1 stamp for every $5 after that (or a book of 10 stamps for $50 coupons)
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    216 (100%)

THank you Fallen Pixels! I didn't know that! With that information I might try trading again, was the new year routine settles back down.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

No problem
    Hopefully some changes are in the works to make the trading forum a much friendlier (and less greedy place)
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by recessionisnotfun View Post
    won't banned traders just come back under a new name?
    No, banning traders = banning their mailing address. So unless they move to a new house, it's permanent.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    kellyanna, usually 1 stamp for the first $5 in coupons plus one for postage then 1 stamp for every $5 after that (or a book of 10 stamps for $50 coupons)
    Hmm, thats more than I ever paid or traded for, I usually trade 100-150.00 of coupons for a book of stamps (5.70 $)
    Perhaps I only do generous trades or have traded with most generous sc'ers...

Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post

That's for regular coupons, but rare or high-value coupons and bundles are worth a little more in a stamp-trade; whatever both traders agree on. That's the general understanding in the 2 forums I've traded in for the past 2 1/2 years.

For Example:
    If a trader wants $50 of diaper coupons, or 3 x $9 P&G wub3, that's worth more than a regular stamp trade rate, because of the trade being a bundle or High-Value. The trader getting the coupons is getting very good value, or even single or stacked FPC's, so it's only fair to give a little more in stamps in return.

I've also had experiences with generous traders who have offered more than I felt was fair to them, but they insisted so we went ahead with the trade. On the other hand, I've had traders who wanted to clean out most of my tradelist including all the high value and offered me only 10 stamps. Traders have to do what they feel is best for them. Some of us don't have access to all of the coupons others do. So it's best not to be judgmental about other traders, except when there are obvious problems of a serious nature.
    Last edited by Valiant; Thu, Dec 30th, 2010 at 11:50 PM.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

I think that though there may be guidelines, as long as 2 people can agree on a trade that is fair, without either one of them having regrets or feeling bad or "taken" by it, then it is a good trade...we all have guidelines, and we have to go with our gut.I personally would never trade 50.00 of regular coupons for a book of stamps...I would only do so for 100.00 worth of regular coupons.If the coupons were HV and I needed them, then I would perhaps consider them, but there are hundreds of traders on SC, and if you can't agree on a trade with one trader, then there are more than likely others who would fairly and generously trade.

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

I feel like a newbie all over again after the whole "Keni1980" fiascoe...I traded all my HV and great coupons I wasn't going to use/need in the hopes of getting something I could use in return. Now with December 31st looming in meer hours, I am empty and a little lost on whether I want to even start again.
    Zia_Stephie really wants you as my swagbucks referral...PM me and I'll send you the link. Thanks!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zia_Stephie View Post
    I feel like a newbie all over again after the whole "Keni1980" fiascoe...I traded all my HV and great coupons I wasn't going to use/need in the hopes of getting something I could use in return. Now with December 31st looming in meer hours, I am empty and a little lost on whether I want to even start again.
    I was a victim of being taken too when I was new...don't let it get to you, the new year is a great start and if you need coupons I can send you a bundle to at least get started again with trading...It's a perfect time to start because basically we are all starting our stash all over again by discarding all the Dec.30th expiries....Don't let one bad apple ruin it for you.

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

you are so sweet lights
    LF: $ 4.00 off any covergirl, 2.00 axe,RLF ARMSTRONG cheese, black diamond, 3.00 gain. 2.00 Majesta. Have 5.00 walmart gc.

Page 86 of 450 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 136 186 ... LastLast

Thread Information