User Tag List

Page 87 of 450 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 137 187 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 6738
Like Tree3358Likes

Thread: The Official and ONLY Place to Discuss Negative Trade Experiences + Trade Blacklist

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I don't think any of us expected that with Keni, just shows even a trade rating doesn't mean much (I myself had an issue with a trade last year when I was in hospital and my BF was sending on trades and one did not get there but I did not have email access to find out)

Besides, most of us will have few coupons starting Saturday so puts us on a level playing field for trades
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Litesandsirens911 View Post
    I think that though there may be guidelines, as long as 2 people can agree on a trade that is fair, without either one of them having regrets or feeling bad or "taken" by it, then it is a good trade...we all have guidelines, and we have to go with our gut.I personally would never trade 50.00 of regular coupons for a book of stamps...I would only do so for 100.00 worth of regular coupons.If the coupons were HV and I needed them, then I would perhaps consider them, but there are hundreds of traders on SC, and if you can't agree on a trade with one trader, then there are more than likely others who would fairly and generously trade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valiant View Post
    That's for regular coupons, but rare or high-value coupons and bundles are worth a little more in a stamp-trade; whatever both traders agree on. That's the general understanding in the 2 forums I've traded in for the past 2 1/2 years.

For Example:
    If a trader wants $50 of diaper coupons, or 3 x $9 P&G wub3, that's worth more than a regular stamp trade rate, because of the trade being a bundle or High-Value. The trader getting the coupons is getting very good value, or even single or stacked FPC's, so it's only fair to give a little more in stamps in return.

I've also had experiences with generous traders who have offered more than I felt was fair to them, but they insisted so we went ahead with the trade. On the other hand, I've had traders who wanted to clean out most of my tradelist including all the high value and offered me only 10 stamps. Traders have to do what they feel is best for them. Some of us don't have access to all of the coupons others do. So it's best not to be judgmental about other traders, except when there are obvious problems of a serious nature.
    I agree with both of you but that is the given guideline and a good starting point to someone newer to trading, obviously some coupons are worth more than others.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    103 (100%)

One thing for sure, if dealing with trades and traders gets to the point where it's just not worth the time, energy/frustration or money involved, that will become obvious, and then it's time to re-evaluate, make some changes or even back away from trading. Everyone comes from their own set of circumstances and will make that judgment call as they see it.
    So let's make this a good place to be.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Phew! I'm glad we all had this little chat!

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

same here Trade by what you feel comfy with, no more no less.
    LF: $ 4.00 off any covergirl, 2.00 axe,RLF ARMSTRONG cheese, black diamond, 3.00 gain. 2.00 Majesta. Have 5.00 walmart gc.

Trading Score
    123 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by recessionisnotfun View Post
    you are so sweet lights
    lites is always sweet

Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Here's a rule of thumb I now go by:
    If you are in the midst of a trade, and the trade keeps changing or gets confusing or pushy, and you get the sense that you are like Jack in "Jack and the Beanstalk", and you are trading away your cow for 3 'magic' beans, then just pm that trader with the short, sweet message:
    "No thanks, I think I will pass on this trade".
    It's just that simple.

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

you're just as sweet as well I chuckle whenever I see my "oh I got to shut her up already" raok lol
    LF: $ 4.00 off any covergirl, 2.00 axe,RLF ARMSTRONG cheese, black diamond, 3.00 gain. 2.00 Majesta. Have 5.00 walmart gc.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

If you are in the midst of a trade, and the trade keeps changing or gets confusing or pushy, and you get the sense that you are like Jack in "Jack and the Beanstalk", and you are trading away your cow for 3 'magic' beans, then just pm that trader with the short, sweet message:
    It's just that simple.
    Same, but then we have enough trades under our belt to know what is too much, others do not necessarily
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Litesandsirens911 View Post
    I think that though there may be guidelines, as long as 2 people can agree on a trade that is fair, without either one of them having regrets or feeling bad or "taken" by it, then it is a good trade...we all have guidelines, and we have to go with our gut.I personally would never trade 50.00 of regular coupons for a book of stamps...I would only do so for 100.00 worth of regular coupons.If the coupons were HV and I needed them, then I would perhaps consider them, but there are hundreds of traders on SC, and if you can't agree on a trade with one trader, then there are more than likely others who would fairly and generously trade.

Honestly, most of US wouldn't ask for a book of stamps for 50$ in coupons. I would personally ask for a book for around 100$ as well. BUT we all reserve the right to be generous, which most of us are. It's just that we need a guideline. Also, that being a guideline for 50$ in HANDPICKED coupons, one would assume that would include some great HV coupons as well.

And it's just a guideline, but we don't want to make a guideline too LOW either, as new traders should know what we value things as, so that they will ALSO recognize when people are being generous and learn by example that generosity is commonplace around here

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Skankarina on the prowl MercyEhm's Avatar
    Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Wow... I've sure missed a bunch of stuff being away!

Ihave a friend who was taken advantage of by Moony but is afraid to speak up. She too PMd Caring and Caring told her there were no issues with Moony (I can't even fathom that possible!!) I just assumed she was being professional and not spreading crap where crap need not be spread.

Is it even possible? I mean her name is posted all over THIS thread and a few others. Everyone seems to know who you're talking about the moment you mention "flyers for GCs" or Similac Checks for GCs... which was the case with my friend.

Are people not speaking up? REALLY? This isn't coupons we're talking about. This is actual cash people are spending to send the little thief and no one is complaining about getting ripped off when nothing comes?!?

I ran into issues with her myself a little while back and when I declined her trade offer I got a pleasant little "Eff you I was only trying to help" PM from her. (Yes, I reported it!)

I sincerely hope anyone reading this who has run into problems/issues/scam attempts/rudeness with her that you please report it.

Why are minors even allowed on here to begin with? After going through the xmas rigamaroll I think we should have a "kiddy table" where if you're a minor you're monitored.

I'll gladly babysit and approve/deny trades by minors if it has to come to that. Someone should. I'm not lugging all minors into one group... I know a fair few "kids" who are more responsible than most adults ever grow to be but you always have that ONE that makes 'em look bad.

Oy! Happy New Year everyone. Let's hope 2011 allows us to better protect our newbies and find the serenity this place offers when things run they way they should
    Instant Human Just Add COFFEE!

Skankarina on the prowl MercyEhm's Avatar
    Trading Score
    86 (100%)

When my TL is up to date (yea yea laugh I know... I've been lax on the matter lately) I ask for a $5 GC for $100 worth of coupons and/or 1 stamp per $10 increment + postage (usually an extra stamp). My TL is there... handpick what you wish and thank you.

If it's on my trade list I'm going to throw it out anyways so 1 stamp is better than nothing to me. I've been told I don't ask for much and I was even asked to increase what I ask for because others have had problems trading their values for stamps (LOL uhm yea ok uhm NO)

That's like when my Union told me to work less because I made others look bad.

I feel a $5 for $100 is more than fair. That's $5 more than I had prior to a trade for pieces of paper that make great firestarters when they expire.

I get that people want the biggest bang for their buck BUT if you come to me and ask me for a $50 in exchange for $300 worth of Swiffer coupons you better have the sense to not bother me twice once I laugh you off the face of my planet.

People need to "get real". *flips hair*

Quote Originally Posted by annedougherty View Post
    Honestly, most of US wouldn't ask for a book of stamps for 50$ in coupons. I would personally ask for a book for around 100$ as well. BUT we all reserve the right to be generous, which most of us are. It's just that we need a guideline. Also, that being a guideline for 50$ in HANDPICKED coupons, one would assume that would include some great HV coupons as well.

And it's just a guideline, but we don't want to make a guideline too LOW either, as new traders should know what we value things as, so that they will ALSO recognize when people are being generous and learn by example that generosity is commonplace around here
    Instant Human Just Add COFFEE!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

It's just that simple.
    I kind of had this but it was the opposite. I was in the process of arranging a trade with someone since I had something they wanted. I looked over their list and asked some questions like exp date and upc for the coupons I would want, they answered and I proceeded to offer a trade which was $1 in coupons for $1 in coupons. I can't remember how much there was but it would have been equal with just coupons involved in the trade. They responded back saying they didn't have this 1 particular coupon yet I had previously asked about it and had received an answer on it. They never did give me a straight answer on it and I kept suggested a trade offer and all of the sudden the coupons weren't there. The person was just being confusing, weren't counter offering me anything and I was getting the impression they wanted me to just ROAK them. So after about 5 trade offers like this where I was trying to arrange a fair trade I got annoyed and suggested something stupid high with stamps and they finally said 'no thanks maybe next time'. Then I proceeded to trade those coupons with someone else for coupon value to coupon value

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Alaryk - it is something I hate about trading but some traders trade just for coupons they know can trade higher so they may have been waiting for the mail to arrive with that coupon (and knew the expiry/upc because they have it stored in a database or the person told them when trading). I seen someone post about doing this recently in this thread and then the initial trade did not work out and that affected the other trades the person had promised the coupons to.
    ~ ~ ~

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Alaryk, I had a similar experience several weeks ago and I was confused as to what was going on. Finally, it became obvious that she was working on trades for the same handful of coupons with more than just myself. So, the available list/UPCs seemed to change like the weather. If I am discussing a trade for a particular group of coupons with another SCer, I deal with only one trader at a time. It seems most traders do this, however this person was fairly new (like me) and perhaps doesn't understand the confusion that ensues if she is negotiating the trade of one set of XYZ coupons with two or three people at once. I agree with you and earlier posters who have said that when things become very confusing, it is a good time to simply pass on the trade.

Page 87 of 450 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 137 187 ... LastLast

Thread Information