User Tag List

IreneWpg
    Expired
    I was thinking about the number of contests I have in my daily folder and decided that it is continually out of control. So, I have decided to get them down to 50 daily entries. When I do, and want to enter another one, I will have to delete one of the ones I now enter. That way I will only have 50 of the contests I most want to enter.

[bct if this is in the wrong section, please feel free to move it. I looked for the 'How many contests do you enter' thread, but cannot find it. Thanks.]
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

bcteagirl
    This is fine!

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I keep mine on a spreadsheet sorted by date, including a copy/pasted link for the entry form so I don't have to search for it every time.

bcteagirl
    wow! That is a great idea. I just have bookmark with subfiles for daily/weekly/monthly.. I just keep them in the order I put them in there.. it is kind of intersting to see which ones hang around moving up the list while others disappear. I may need to get more organized.

As for keeping the numbers under control.. when I get frustrated I go through and do a light clean.. I don't think I have as many problems accumulating contests because I have children, no home to remodel or need appliances for.. I am also usually not intersted enough in TV to enter to win tv or game systems daily. However my list is growing, and I have yet to bring myself to do a very thorough clean.

Prue
    I enter them all just because I want to win something...anything!!!!

IreneWpg
    I have no problem finding them...I have quite a good system that I use. I shortcut any that I want to enter (with the exception of single entry). I have a folder called contests. In that I have sub-folders named Daily, Weely, Monthly and Instant Win. Every day I do all the contests in Instant Win and Daily. I do my Weeklies on Sunday and at the beginning of the month I do the monthlies. Easy, peasy and simple.

The problem is the amount of time it is taking me to enter all the contests. As the number gets higher, I am spending more time on them and less doing things I should be doing. I may enter new contests once or twice, but unless it is something I really want or need, out they go. I plan on being ruthless from now on. As it is I do not enter trip and very rarely book contests, but when it gets to triple digits, its time to cut back.

bcteagirl
    Whew.. just went through and took out some more contests old as of tonight... got the pages in this section down to 14... for a while I was worried the whole contest section was out of control LOL.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

The nice thing about a spreadsheet is that you can always add contests, then re-sort the whole list by date. I sort by expiry date, so I can easily remove the ones that are finished. I also have columns that track any special info needed to enter (e.g. UPC codes) so I just need to copy and paste instead of re-typing.

Also, a spreadsheet is searchable, so just do a search for a contest to make sure I haven't already entered.

bcteagirl
    That sounds really great! Just need the time to change over to that format.

IreneWpg
    Sounds good alajen! I don't have any spreadsheets but I manage to accomplish the same thing with what I do. I can rearrange all my contests by date (I always rename them [month].[day]). My page always is in date order.

I also have a page on my screen (don't know what it's called when it's there) that's called password.doc. Because I am lazy, I have this page with all my email addys, my card numbers (i.e. Airmiles, Optimum, Bank Card, etc.) passwords, any UPC codes I need, any answers I am normally required to type in (I can just copy and paste), and anything else I can think of that I might need.

This is, for me, a very simple system. It also makes my entering contests as easy as possible, again for me. Everything in one (well two, if you count my password page) place. I don't need to go into another program - I don't need another program and I can go to my mail if I need to email (like the little tikes contest).

May not be for everyone, but it is perfect for me. I always have my password.doc open and then I do my contests. I can google if I want, email, even look at the SmartCanucks site without going in and out of programs. For me....works great. But alajen seems to have a good way of doing things for her. It's all a matter of choice.

cndlady
    Quote Originally Posted by alajen View Post
    I keep mine on a spreadsheet sorted by date, including a copy/pasted link for the entry form so I don't have to search for it every time.
    I kinda do the same..
    they aren't quite as organized but it works..

Thread Information