User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

As I suggested, go for Asus WL-520gU at ~ 40$.
    Performs great in comparison to Linksys's WRT-54G which costs around 60$.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Actually if you look at the list of recommended suppliers you will find plenty G routers under $30.00

I just wanted to mention that G routers are available in 2 different speeds: 54Mbps and 108Mbps.

Note however that even though a router is rated as 108Mbps interference issues may limit conectivity to lower speeds.

Two routers that have excellent ratings and reviews are the DLink DI-614+ AirPlus Enhanced 2.4 GHz Wireless Router and the Netgear WPN824 RangeMax Wireless Router.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cyborg30 View Post
    Actually if you look at the list of recommended suppliers you will find plenty G routers under $30.00

I just wanted to mention that G routers are available in 2 different speeds: 54Mbps and 108Mbps.

Note however that even though a router is rated as 108Mbps interference issues may limit conectivity to lower speeds.

Two routers that have excellent ratings and reviews are the DLink DI-614+ AirPlus Enhanced 2.4 GHz Wireless Router and the Netgear WPN824 RangeMax Wireless Router.
    thanks for info

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

D-Link has a pretty bad reputation and honestly I would avoid anything made by them.

Both Linksys and Asus perform well, and considering that the price difference between G and N nowadays is small , you might as well futureproof a bit and get N. N is still a bit flaky compared to G still, but both Asus and Linksys give regular firmware updates, and you can be sure that neither will disappear any time soon.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    D-Link has a pretty bad reputation and honestly I would avoid anything made by them.

Both Linksys and Asus perform well, and considering that the price difference between G and N nowadays is small , you might as well futureproof a bit and get N. N is still a bit flaky compared to G still, but both Asus and Linksys give regular firmware updates, and you can be sure that neither will disappear any time soon.
    Aslan-thanks for info

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just get something like a Linksys WRT-54G router and you'll be set......
    <table style="border-collapse: collapse; width: 767pt;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="1023"><col style="width: 767pt;" width="1023"><tbody><tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td class="xl65" style="height: 15pt; width: 767pt;" height="20" width="1023">DigBands</td> </tr></tbody></table>

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I definitely agree with Aslan, D-Link routers are often nothing but a giant headache waiting to happen.

I generally stick to Linksys myself, though any wireless router can cause you headaches really.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I got one of these for free about a year a half ago from a promotion they did.... still have yet to hook it up, lol

http://www.fon.com/en/

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

there are a lot of opinions out there. Living in a large home, I had a Linksys WRT-54G and wireless signal was not adequate on every corner. I switched to D-Link N router and it improved signal substantially throughout. And I haven't had a single problem, so there you go.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You switched from the G network technology to N, so irregardless of the brand it should based on the technology alone have given you a better signal.

Personally I just find wireless networks to not be of the quality and consistency I'd like, irregardless of the brand and tech at this point. It's rather disappointing.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by TempletonPeck View Post
    You switched from the G network technology to N, so irregardless of the brand it should based on the technology alone have given you a better signal.

Personally I just find wireless networks to not be of the quality and consistency I'd like, irregardless of the brand and tech at this point. It's rather disappointing.

Yes the N router is substantially better in my case. If you're in a large house I'd recommend it.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thecountess View Post
    I got one of these for free about a year a half ago from a promotion they did.... still have yet to hook it up, lol

http://www.fon.com/en/

Yep, I have one too. The free Fon routers are decent although keep in mind that they are designed to allow other people onto your Internet connection. You will be able to have a private network, but an Internet connection will always be visible to the public.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

hi !!!

its really a informative post...

thanks for your information ...........
    <table x:str="" style="border-collapse: collapse; width: 54pt;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="72"><col style="width: 54pt;" width="72"><tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td class="xl66" style="height: 15pt; width: 54pt;" height="20" width="72">pontiac grand prix supercharger</td> </tr></table>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information