User Tag List

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Whatever software you might be looking for, there will be something for you on this site. Everything is open-source so its free and secure. There are thousands of software items in every kind of category.

http://sourceforge.net/index.php
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Beat me to it, eh?
    Why should I stay? Why should I go? I'm no longer on here. I might ghost in once in a while. But don't bother talking to me, I'm not to stay. Sorry.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

baileyddoo
    oops..the only bad thing about the sourceforge is that you need to have decent knowledge of computing otherwise you will get trouble when using the softwares.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sometimes that is true, so the main rule I would suggest for those who don't know a lot about computing is to stay away from projects under development, or complicated software meant to clean or delete stuff from your system.

Before installing any program, carefully read release notes for known bugs and visit the main website to see if there are any major issues. You should never just blindly download and install anything.

Some well-known safe programs that use Sourceforge as their download mirror: Open Office suite (alternative to Microsoft Office), Azureus, BitTorrent, 7-Zip, Pidgin (formerly GAIM Instant Messenger), PDF Creator, ClamWin Antivirus, DOSBox DOS Emulator, Peer Guardian, Eraser, Celestia, Portable Apps, Media Coder, The GIMP (like Photoshop or Paint Shop).

Just be careful what you do within a program, and if you're not absolutely sure of something, have a look on the website or forum related to that software for more info.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Don't forget GIMPshop
    Why should I stay? Why should I go? I'm no longer on here. I might ghost in once in a while. But don't bother talking to me, I'm not to stay. Sorry.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

One of the things you have to be careful about if you are writing a new program or software is to carefully read the terms of the intellectual property (like the licensing of a copyright) of the source code. Sometimes, by using "free" open source code as part of your program, then you are not allowed to sell the software program for money, because you are essentially taking "free" code and reselling it.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is true, but the question remains....

How many people do you know that do that?

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Bump!

Thread Information