User Tag List

Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree902Likes

Thread: How did you meet your loved one?

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Awesome story, spidey!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

bump!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

don't have a story of my own to tell

but here's story of a man who discovered that his wife is the same girl whose message in a bottle he answered when he was 6

"Mandy English was just 13 when she hurled the note requesting a penpal into the sea during a 1979 school trip to Scotland.Two years later Richard, then just six, spotted the glass bottle on the beach and sent a reply by postcard. Mandy never wrote back because of the age difference. But while sorting through keepsakes last week, she found the 1981 card and realised its schoolboy sender had the same name as Richard, her boyfriend since last June. She asked the road maintenance worker, now 36, if he remembered the message in the bottle - and it suddenly dawned on them that they had "met" before. Mandy, now a 44-year-old mum of three, said: "It was amazing. I then realised he was the little lad who sent me that lovely postcard all those years ago. I was so shocked I nearly passed out.

Fate

"It's crazy that it was Richard who wrote to me. It's not like we've lived all our lives near each other. We grew up hundreds of miles apart." Richard, from Motherwell, found the message on the shore during a family holiday at Carradale in Argyll, Scotland. He moved to Hull, East Yorks, in 2003 and by pure chance met Mandy, of nearby Beverley, with neither aware of their '80s childhood encounter. Richard said: "When Mandy asked if I remembered sending a postcard, I said I had a vague recollection of finding the message, then my mum coaxing me into writing back.

"I couldn't believe it when Mandy told me SHE was the one who had put the message in the bottle. It's bizarre.
    "We definitely think fate brought us together. The most amazing thing is that in 1981 I signed off 'Love Richard' - and, now she's my girlfriend, I really do love her." Richard's postcard has a picture of the Isle of Arran on the front - and is penned in childish handwriting. It is addressed to "Miss Mandy English, Beverley, East Yorkshire", postmarked "Motherwell & Wishaw, 11 June 1981", and has an 11½p stamp.

On it, Richard wrote: "Dear Mandy I found your letter in the bottle at Skipness, Mull of Kintyre near where the boat comes in from Lochranza last week when I was on holiday at Carradale. "I am 6 years old. Love Richard." Healthcare worker Mandy, who has two daughters and a son by a previous partner, said: "I thought about writing back, but he was a lot younger than me so I didn't. "I completely forgot about him and only kept the card because I like to collect them. Then this happened!" Daughter Rachel, 20, said: "It's incredible. No one would ever have guessed."

For pics of couple and original message:
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...ml#comment-rig
    Last edited by mimi-; Sat, Mar 12th, 2011 at 10:19 PM.
    Enjoy chatting on forums or blogs? Get paid $0.05+ per post at Postloop!

Trading Score
    45 (100%)

DH was the "teenage, bad boy, from the other side of the fence on the street behind our house" that my dad kept kicking out of our yard. He and his "gang"(of other teenage boys, use to hop the fence to tease(aka FLIRT) with me and my girlfriends.
    We both had the same mutual best friend, who "set us up" on a blind date.
    I would say from the first date, we have pretty much been unseparable. We became best of friends first, then cupid shot up both with the same arrow and its been love ever since.
    Join GROUPON for incredible deals, click here

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

mimi...wow that is incredible

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

In March 1986 my sister and I took a bus trip to Nashville. My ex and I had been separated for 2 years. A friend at work kept telling me she had a friend I should meet but I wasn`t interested. I was so done with men. Imagine my surprise when she came to work one day and said he was going on the same trip as my sister and I. We didn`t talk much on the trip but we were attracted to each other. After 2 months of my friend asking if he had called me yet I said I don`t think he is going to. Finally in June he called and asked me to go out. We went with some friends to a BBQ and dance. I didn`t see him again until Sept at a mutual friend`s party. The next week he called and asked me to go to the local fair with him. It had rained the night before and the field where we had to park was wet. When we were leaving I slipped on the wet grass...ended up sitting in a mud puddle. I didn`t know whether to laugh or cry. The look on DH`s face was priceless. We had a good laugh...he helped me up and didn`t even mind that I got mud on his upholstery. We were married a year later in a private ceremony and told our families the next day. We celebrated our 23rd anniversary last Sept.
    Giving-Small likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Bump!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

hm.... bump

Being Polite Is Very Easy WandaJean's Avatar
    Trading Score
    31 (97%)

I met him 10 years ago,at work, we have are no longer together, we broke up the day after he sent me flowers, my decision, too much bullcap over the years that I thought I could forgive and forget but I can't and know I never will, so I thought it unfair to both of us to continue a relationship that was going nowhere, he was quite upset. we haven't spoken since, I just want to get on with my life, not wanting any type of relationship for quite some time.The way I feel now..never want a relationship...but you never know what may happen...life is full of surprises.
    Last edited by WandaJean; Tue, May 10th, 2011 at 09:28 PM.
    Thank You SC'rs for all the contests/samples/freebies, etc. that you post.
    Join Swagbucks today! Get those freebies!!!http://www.swagbucks.com/<WBR>refer/WandaJean $725.00 aprx of freebies From Amazon...I love Free

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

bump

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i dont wann a say anything because i am still single.........

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

when i read it that time was sad for me....i dont wann a tell you anything.......

Watch NCIS Online
    Watch Heroes Online

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

bumping, because I needed a hit of 'love stories' and read through some of these from the beginning!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

So here's my story:

I first met my DH at the daycare that my kids and his son went to in late November 2004. The daycare lady had taken the kids out for a bit, and when I went to pick up my kids, there was a note saying back in 10 minutes. I went to walk back to my car, and up pulled this guy in a van. I recognized him as a dad from the daycare. He said to come in his van to warm up. We had a good talk about our children. I was in a terrible relationship (very abusive) and he was newly separated. We talked the whole time until the daycare lady came back. We exchanged phone numbers and talked in the evenings for almost 2 months. I even invited him and his son over to my place for supper one night.
    In January 2005 I made the decision to tell my current common-law partner to leave. It was a very scary time in my life, as we had a very violent past. I told my friend that I was going to ask my partner to leave. I gave him the plan of what I was going to do and he offered to follow me to the restaurant (public place to split up with the now-ex to protect myself) and was willing to call for help if I looked in trouble. Even after I broke the news to my ex, DH followed me home and offered his couch to me. He didn't expect anything in return.

DH has been amazing to me. He was only able to meet my mom a few times before she was killed, but was my rock when I've needed him most. He was understanding, sympathetic, nuturing during my time of need, yet was also there to help me celebrate my sister's marriage. (My mom and brother were killed in a car accident 12 days before my sister got married).

We have a blended family - his son is 12, my son is 11, my daughter is 9 and our son together is 5.
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

DH and I met when we were 15 in high school. We celebrate 5 years of marriage this year in August and 14 years of being a couple! :D I enjoyed reading everyone's stories.
    Natalka likes this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information