User Tag List

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree902Likes

Thread: How did you meet your loved one?

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

My husband and I met in 11th grade. He noticed me well before I noticed him, I was a bit of a loner girl (by choice) and tended to hang out by myself. He and his best friend always wondered about me, and the friend approached me and started chatting... Well, that guy became one of my best friends, and he introduced me to his friend, my now DH. I had no date for my own birthday party (the horror!) and I asked him to come with me... We dated, moved in together right out of high school in 2004, and got married in 2008.

Side story... that friend that became one of my best friends? My best girl friend didn't want to go to prom because she didn't have a date. I asked him to go with her (he was a grade under us). They have been dating ever since, and are getting married in June!

Two sets of best friends meeting each other in high school and staying together, and getting married... I'd say rare for this generation!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Another online love story here. I had a horrible string of d*uchebags as ex boyfriends and yet I somehow thought it'd get better by being on Plenty Of Fish (anyone familiar with PoF understands its mostly creeps, lol). So DFiance messaged me saying I was cute or something along that lines. We chatted super late into the night and then talked on our cells that night. It just felt right somehow even though everyone would say not to give your number out that fast. Anyway, we talked ALL the time, day in, day out for over three months, and he kept asking to meet in person. I was pretty concerned about that because we had this great connection and chemistry but that sometimes isn't there in person and I was scared to lose this person who was so considerate of me and kind to mr. So after over three months of me saying "maybe next time" on a daily basis I finally got up the nerve to meet him in person after one of my friends said "well if you have this great connection, what are you going to do, marry him and never meet?". We met up for coffee after I went to a drink with my friends to organize a bachelorette party so I was all dressed up, and just slightly relaxed by the drink, which made getting over my nerves so much easier. It was major sparks in person, and it turns out I had nothing to worry about. My DFiance enjoys rubbing that in my face - that it was only his continual persistence and blindness to constant rejection that got the two of us together. I like to think I was worth the wait, but man did I make it difficult.

We have been together for two wonderful years so far, with many more ahead of us
    Natalka likes this.
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

scratches head....Thought i'd replied here..

1986..and I was 21

I was working as a lab tech in R&D so we got a lot of uni students though for their BSc, MSc, PhD and summer holiday jobs and most of them were male. And most of my married co-workers kept trying to matchmake for me...

So we got 3 new students..2 BSc, 1 MSc on April 1st.... The BSc guys were a couple of years younger than me....but along with another couple of students on other projects were made up group of drinking, pic-nicing, movie-going peeps.

Begining of May MSc student had his b'day and we hit one of the local pubs for a drinkie or 2 or 3......Msc guy asked me out....NAh! i was (genuinely) busy for the next few weeks because...it was my birthday a few days later...

A couple of the other students also asked me for a date but....

Middle of May I was revising for a chemistry exam anmd MSc guy gave me a few pointers and asked me out again..Okay, not doing anything so we had a date. A date that went sooooo well I missed my bus home and had to stop over in his bedsit, in his bed.....

Dm was less than happy the next day..mega amounts of insults...She was even less happy when I shrugged off her insults. So she sulked at me...Her normal reaction when she didn't get her own way...sigh! BTDTGT...

After several weeks we got the summer students..

One was the daughter of a senior manager .And as luck had it(!!!) she was assigned to me as my helper.Wonderful...

She soon decided that MSc guy was young, free, single and available..much sniggering ensued. HSe started to invite him to country pubs in her car with a couple of chaperones....

CAn you guess who she invited????

I can wait...

Yup. She invited me and one of the Bsc guys.So she drove us in her daddy-bought-car to a secluded pub where we ate and drank and talked as the 4 of us had a lot in common...

Success....next week the 4 of us went out twice....Then Managersdaughter asked MSc guy out....He declined. She spent the next 2 weeks hanging around him, eyes a-flutter, invites to the group stopped but the rest of the extended group carried on pic-nics and invited her.

She came and spent the time wondering to all the other women "Why, WHy, Why doesn't he notice me????" Answer "Darth..."She threw a mega-hissy fit, threatened to get me sacked...

That was when I realised I liked him...liked him a lot....When he finished his MSc and got an offer for a PhD, we spent the next 2 years commuting from where I lived to where he was studying...

We moved in together in JAn 1989. bought our first house in 1990. Our second in 1994. DD1 was born in 1998.

We finally married in 2000 as we were planning to move to Canada which we did.

DD2 followed in 2001 and Ds in 2005. I miscarried in 2002 and 2003.

Now the kids are old enough to need minimal supervision, our imitmate life was taken off in leaps and bounds. It always was good but now we know the moves, the touches, the wealth of our shared experience makes it so much better than I hoped.

I want to be like my grandparents who were still knocking boots in their late 80's...
    Last edited by Darth Penguin; Sat, Jun 30th, 2012 at 04:28 PM.
    Natalka, Patty Smyth and bmpsmommy like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

It was my last day working at the Donut Queen in Waterloo and he walked in ordered an XL triple/triple. We started talking and my last shift ended at 8pm & he offered to drive me home. I said sure told him I lived on U of Waterloo campus just finished my degree in sexuality and we exchanged email addresses. I was living with someone so I didn't really think much then one day checking my email address via 56k modem he emailed me and I still have the email he sent me in 1998. We fell madly in love and just loved being with him. Left the other guy, moved to Ottawa out of the blue with him and got married in NYC. He was my soul mate and sadly he passed away 8 years ago of a heart attack at age 29.

Years later met a guy via the internet on an old Ottawa raving web site , invited him over and I never saw any pictures or anything before inviting him over and it was like fate guided him out of the blue to me. We got along so well and I felt like I knew him. Someone above guided him to me and I am happy for that. Now engaged and now TTC (trying to conceive). Every day I thank him up above for watching out for me and sending me my fiance.
    Natalka and Ceren like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

bump!

these stories are so cute... I don't have one, myself - my prince turned out to be a big, fat, lying, wart-covered toad instead.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

WELL we met through my ex bf, guess my ex though me and him would be perfect for each other, so who ever said ex's are useless are wrong mine was some use consideing I'm engaged to him now, and my ex is his best friend,

We started chatting on facebook back in Dec when his best friend told him we would be good together, so he added me and we started talking at the time he lived two hours away, so we talked online then started talkin on the phone, he came down one weekend to meet me but that night I had a hockey game to go to with work, so he go to go with me that night so bonus for me got to get to know him more got paid for work, spend time with my son also. That was Jan 21st. He moved down here a month ago with me and we are planning on getting married next summer. We have been through hell and back since we have been togehther so I'm sure we are gonna grow old together. Bonus part my mother even likes him and keeps telling him she is glad that we are together.
    Last edited by Mamaelmo; Thu, Apr 26th, 2012 at 05:52 PM.
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

i was sure i had written my story in here ... hmmmm

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

bumping for inspiration for others, and for new summer love stories!

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Met at the first week of our first year of college....married and two kids later....

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I met DH online in a chat room on my birthday when I turned 20, he was in England and I was studying in Singapore. After 9 months of chatting, he flew just to meet me. We did the long distance relationship thing for 4 years, met for couple of weeks long each year. Then we got married and I moved to England.
    Some months later we discovered that his has a cousin who is married to my cousin (now divorced), that his cousin went to the same university as me, that I once dated his cousin's now BIL, another of his cousin was in the same class at Elementary with one of my cousin, that another one of his cousin went to the same secondary school as me and lived 1 street down where I lived, that I used to pass by his house to go to a private tuition and had the same teacher in common. Small world!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was literally the girl next door.....

I moved into a house with 4 big guys (literally all 6ft+, 200lbs+ and here I am at barely 5'2. lol!) that I didn't know, to sublet a cheap room summer after 2nd year university. The girl I went to see the room with ended up being my maid of honor, one of the guys who lived there ended up being our best man!

I moved in April, we didn't start hanging out until July....and then the rest of the summer was...well, it was great. Hehe.

We've now been together for almost 7 yrs and married just over 1. And things are AWESOMEEEE.
    Natalka and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I actually met my dh in the worst possible place, a bar.... BUT for the record my friends and I only went there to dance.
    It was just after new years and my friend and I had sworn off guys (not that way) - too many jerks in a row. Anyways I had noticed my now DH a few times but was too shy to approach him, then one night I happened to be amongst mutual friends close enough to talk to him and my friend took it upon herself to say "isn't that the guy you've always wanted to meet" and pushed me towards him - I had no choice but to say something. 4 years later we were married and now we are approaching our 16th anniversary this fall. We have never left that "honeymoon" stage and couldn't imagine life without each other.
    Natalka, newbiesaver and walkonby like this.
    Earn Gift Cards With Me Click the link below
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/erin9mmm

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

^ Aww, cute story!! People always say don't meet "here" or "there" but I think that's all a load of baloney! If he or she is the one, where does it matter where you met them? You could be missing out on THE ONE if you let people get to you. Plus....if you're a bar and you're not a sketchy person then couldn't it be true that he/she's at the bar and just like you (aka not a sketchy person)?

erin9mmm likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

have not met my loved one yet :$
    Free Classifieds - Post free ads to buy & sell! (support Canadian)
    Toronto Classifieds - Post free ad in Toronto!

Merician Loving Nuck! kparker1786's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I met a girl on a Clay Aiken website, she and I became really close and she introduced me to my husband back in 2006 (Feb 11th 2006 hahaha I remembered the day and everything!) We became close but because we were so far, both of us didn't act on our feelings. We both had relationships and always turned to each other for advice on relationships and for me, suicide help. After a very rough breakup for me, I reconnected with him and I realized my feelings for him were stronger than my feelings for the previous guy and how I "crushed" on him the entire time. We started dating the day before I was baptized (April 24th 2010) and he came up here for the first time for my birthday in August. Took me out to an EXTREMELY fancy place (The waiter gave us a choice of 6 waters hahaha) and proposed to me by Lake Ontario . My husband is from Nashville, TN and I'm from Ontario That's our story haha.
    Last edited by kparker1786; Tue, Jul 3rd, 2012 at 07:25 PM.

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information