User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Please help me pick :<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    Garmin Nuvi 4.3" GPS (255W) for $199.99 or Magellan Maestro 4.3" GPS with Bluetooth for $229.99 in FurtureShop. I have to travel all over Atlantic <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on">canada</st1:country-region> for work so I need something that works perfectly in <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">canada</st1:place></st1:country-region>...

Thanks<o:p></o:p>
    This thread is currently associated with: Microsoft

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I bought the TomTom 720 from sigelectronics (online) on sale for $219.00 plus taxes....this was about 10 months ago. Works great. One feature you should look for is Bluetooth hands-free, and voice recognition. It's much easier to just say the location/address where you want to go to and have the device figure the route. Fiddling with touchscreens is just slow. I live in Halifax, and have used my TomTom around NB and NS without problem. Also used it in Vancouver for 2 weeks, and Ottawa/Kingston region for 2 weeks without any problems.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

you can find tomtom 130 in the Visions for 88 dollars. it is refurbished and the map needs to be updated. find forum.ppcwarez.org to get the latest map. it works really well. in my opinion garmin is better than megallan especially when you use it in north american. you can also find the 2010 map in that forum.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks david, But I live in Halifax and wanted to get something thats available here... Plus something thats less then $300... now very confused

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi Mulock, Thank you for the advice..I am wondering if its worthwhile to spend extra $60 for bluetooth.. are they any good? I already have a bluetooth handsfree..

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Mulock makes some great points - we just had the TomTom 730/730T or 930/930T recommended to us for the BT handsfree and voice recog. However, when I saw the price tag Not quite the device for a single income, money consious family! Especially since we honestly never travel by car unless it's to Toronto, Montreal or Kingston!

So, I too would love suggestions. I've heard really horrible things about the Magellans, and really wonderful comments in regards to both Garmin and TomTom.
    The Bird Nest...
    (andrea) (derek) (duncan) & (pierce) and the 4 legged crew (dicey, chiquita, mr.t, mickey)

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Garmin GPS usually are better. Try a 265T, has build in bluetooth, best price is about $200.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Future Shop's deal of the day has the TomTom One 3.5" GPS (140) for $99.99 and the TomTom One XL 4.3" GPS (XL340) for $159.99, August 8th only.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I Got my the TomTom One XL 4.3" GPS from tigerdirect, it's refurbishedonly $99
    have no complain.

Thread Information