User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I ordered DDR2 memory from Bestbuy, However, they shipped DDR to me. Callled them, they only offer refund for return. My computer is still waiting for memory. How did you guys deal with this kind of situation?
    This thread is currently associated with: Best Buy

Grateful for the savings
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sorry I can't help, but experiencing problem along semi-similar lines: Ordered a GPS at end of November as a Christmas gift, thinking four weeks was plenty of time; paid with a BB GC and an Amex GC purchased as part of the SDM promotion. BB e-mailed last week advising that the purchased sale model won't be available until January and that to switch to same model different colour, I must CANCEL the first order and re-order the other one, paying for it at full price, then call their Customer Service line to have the price adjusted to the sale price and be credited back.

Because I paid with an AMEX GC, this means that being initially charged the full price would simply result in a "declined" message. Calling CS results in being told that this is the only way that it can be done, so I'm out of luck and will my gift recipients will have to wait until January to receive their present.

As an expression of apology, they advised that they would send a $10 electronic GC, but haven't sent it ten days later.

Great Customer Service, Best Buy (she mutters in a sarcastic breath)!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

You simply return it.
    If you want it from there you re-order or you take your business elsewhere.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

First, the DDR2 is out of stock. Second, I may not get one for the same or lower price. Third, it will take me extra time to wait for another RAM in to run my computer.

Grateful for the savings
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What if you were to try to take your chain of correspondence (online order print-outs and the shipment you received), to a local store? If a helpful manager is there you might luck out.
    Last edited by Nice Sass; Fri, Dec 11th, 2009 at 04:03 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Try to find DDR2 RAM in a local computer shop. The price may be cheaper than BB sale price.

Thread Information