User Tag List

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am having bad luck this year when it comes to buying video games and DVD's. My first experience was the new Transformers movie, bought it at SS and got it home, surprise....the empty case was in the movie sleeve but no movie. You would think this would teach me something, but no.

I go to SDM to redeem points and pick up a WII game. The cashier gladly went over to the case, unlocked and brought my game back, scanned and put it in the bag. I didn't have a chance to breath on it before it was purchased and I was on my way. Mistake #1, check the game first.

Thankfully I went home and decided to wrap some presents. I was floored when I found the Smash Bros game case was empty. Of course, the SDM was closed so there was nothing I could do until the AM. I called the store right away and asked if it was possible the games in the locked display were demos/display only. The front store manager basically informed me that was not possible, that is why they are behind locks, absolutely not a display game. She was curt and placed me on hold for over 5 min. She returned to say she was still working on it, I pointed out that they do have cameras in their store and she could easily view this transaction to see I didn't have a chance to look at the game before I bought it, she gets snotty again and then receives word from her co-workers that they found the game that should be in the case. She informs me I am to come in today and hangs up. Not even a bye, just click.

When I went in every game in the display case was obviously a demo, not one in a wrapping. Rather than telling me I was wrong right from the beginning I think she should have said, hold on and let me check. I discussed this with the manager when I went in to exchange their display with the real deal. That he needed to educate his staff on what they are doing, had I not discovered this until Xmas day it would not have been a pretty scene at all. I tried to get him to compensate me by reversing some of my points back due to the inconvience but he refused, he could only say sorry. Didn't expect that to work, but it was worth a try.

So, lesson learned for the 2nd time this season.....always check to be sure the game/dvd pack is sealed. It can happen, more than once as I have learned this holiday season.
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

couponchick
    Trading Score
    172 (97%)

wow i would of never thought to do this thanks!

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

So...was the movie/game package sealed when you bought it??

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

neither was sealed in plastic. The movie was in one of those cardboard sleeves, I didn't think to check. The game was behind a locked case and only touched by the store rep until removed from the bag by me. Never had a chance to look before it was scanned and in the bag. And honestly from behind a locked case it never even crossed my mind.

Couponing Princess!
    Trading Score
    284 (100%)

We purchased a camera from SDM a few days ago and it was pretty much the same thing, the box that was supposed to have the camera was locked inside the cabinet and the camera itself was being stored elsewhere?

Hubby ensured that we matched the serial number on the camera with the box for it before we left. And they were handing us all the extras that came with the camera bit by bit as we tried to repackage the camera... thank goodness there was a "contents" section so we ensured we got everything that we were supposed to before we left...
    Add me on twitter and I'll add you back! Just mention you are from SC!

@hoppmichelle

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I don't see why anyone would ever accept a new items that wasn't sealed in plastic!
    Especially a $60 game!

Trading Score
    208 (100%)

I would email SDM and see what they say. When I had trouble with something, they credited my account with 5000 points... Cant hurt to try.

Couponing Princess!
    Trading Score
    284 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sarajk View Post
    I don't see why anyone would ever accept a new items that wasn't sealed in plastic!
    Especially a $60 game!
    Not sure about the game, but cameras are never sealed...

@hoppmichelle

mhk
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

Oops! And I get all mad when DH wants to make sure its all in the package before we leave the store! That should be a lesson to me too. Sorry about your experience snafuO

Trading Score
    148 (100%)

that's awful! the same thing happened to my son at SDM 6 months ago! wow you would think they would have a better system in place .... it obviously happens more than it should!
    **I have recently moved, so please double check the addy before sending coupons! Thanks =)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunraven View Post
    Not sure about the game, but cameras are never sealed...

Games are ALWAYS sealed. Which is what the thread was about...not cameras.

But yes, some stores do seal the cameras themselves!

Couponing Princess!
    Trading Score
    284 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sarajk View Post
    Games are ALWAYS sealed. Which is what the thread was about...not cameras.

But yes, some stores do seal the cameras themselves!
    Your statement was ambiguous then as you posted after I did about my camera and said:

Hence I was making the point that cameras aren't sealed even though they are new.

@hoppmichelle

Thread Information