User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Cashiers

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Nagib View Post
    all cashiers are stupid and lazy, useless peons. replace them all with automatic self serve machines
    Wow. Could you let us know where you work, just so we can come and critque your performance?

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pippinelkhound View Post
    Wow. Could you let us know where you work, just so we can come and critque your performance?
    Agreed!

I like the human interaction that cashiers provide. I never go through the self serve lanes because frankly they don't work right, you have to call over a human to deal with coupons anyway and I end up spending more time on these things. Cashiers are great,
    Last edited by Justine; Mon, Dec 28th, 2009 at 04:18 PM.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Nagib, that type of rudeness isn't welcome here. Please keep it friendly.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Bad cashier = poor training = poor management = Walmart in Montreal North

Nice cashier = proper training = good management = Walmart in Laval, Val Des Bris

For me, it's as simple as this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Bad cashier = poor training = poor management = Walmart in Montreal North

Nice cashier = proper training = good management = Walmart in Laval, Val Des Bris

For me, it's as simple as this.
    I encounter a third variety - cashiers who just don't care. Give them a coupon for Febreeze when you bought Glade, they ring it through anyhow (and no, I DON'T deliberately try to redeem coupons on things I haven't bought, but sometimes I screw up and realize later). \

I've found that most of them here in NS are pretty good.

Z

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

I worked for 16 years for a small children's clothing store got along with most customers. There was some customers that were just plain nasty and you have too bite your tonguemost days.

1 year after xmas a customer came in with no receipt and demand her money back,i politely to her that we didn't sell that brand in our store,she said her sister at bought it here I said that can't be maybe she bought it at Walmart .She started to rant and when i told i couldn`t give her back the money,she commense to throw stuff at me that was on the counter .I keep my cool call my boss to the front and he told her the same thing when my boss told her that she owed me an apology,she throw the credit card machine and spit in my face.My boss locked the door and call the police i had her arrested on assault.I bet she thought i was the cashier from hell that day and wished that she had stayed in bed LOL

Trading Score
    96 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by YOU AND ME View Post
    I worked for 16 years for a small children's clothing store got along with most customers. There was some customers that were just plain nasty and you have too bite your tonguemost days.

1 year after xmas a customer came in with no receipt and demand her money back,i politely to her that we didn't sell that brand in our store,she said her sister at bought it here I said that can't be maybe she bought it at Walmart .She started to rant and when i told i couldn`t give her back the money,she commense to throw stuff at me that was on the counter .I keep my cool call my boss to the front and he told her the same thing when my boss told her that she owed me an apology,she throw the credit card machine and spit in my face.My boss locked the door and call the police i had her arrested on assault.I bet she thought i was the cashier from hell that day and wished that she had stayed in bed LOL
    omg that is insane!! that woman is crazy!

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

all cashiers are stupid and lazy, useless peons. replace them all with automatic self serve machines
    A little uncalled for.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

What an idiotic statement.

I'm kind of surprised you haven't been banned yet.

Try being a cashier, and see if you have a different opinion of customer service issues then.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Believe you me,there are some customers you`d like to put your hands around their neck, last week i was in Loblaws the guy in front me swear at the cashier that was total uncalled for,when i saisd something to him he turned around a told me to mind my own business.I said you don`t want to mess with me,he laughed and walked away.good riddance

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by screamy View Post
    What an idiotic statement.

I'm kind of surprised you haven't been banned yet.

Try being a cashier, and see if you have a different opinion of customer service issues then.
    Looks like he was warned.

gloz
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If people are hired to be cashiers, should they not have basic math skills.. when something does not make sense, should they not able to look at it realistically? Found a Christmas item yesterday at Walmart; 75% off Christmas. I price checked the item, scanned at full price, 10.00. Went to check out. cashier scanned, told her it was to be 75% off.. she said.. so, it's like 4.00?? i corrected her, $2.50. Was going to tell her about SCOP, but a line up was gathering, and I am sure it would have confused her further...

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    48 (100%)

First let me say that having worked for 7 years in a BC Government Liquor Store I have seen it all. From having to arrest a 70 man in a wheelchair (complete with oxygen tank and ) for shop lifting, to having someone come back to the store two days later to pay for something their cashier MISSED :O I have done my fair share of customer bashing to coworkers. I was never rude to anyone, and believe me trying to tell an intoxicated person that you can't serve them gets some rude reactions sometimes. On occassion I may have been sarcstic, if the person really deserved it, and there are some out there who did but it was always good natured. Was I always friendly? NO! But.... I was always efficient. I had a coworker who was the friendliest of the friendly, she could have a 20 minute conversation with any complete stranger. Most of my customers got Hi, how are you, here you go, have a nice day. But on Christmas Eve's when our lines were stretched to the back of the store and my line was moving 3 times as fast as hers who's customers do i think were more pleased with their choice? I'd have to say mine. I don't think cashiers are paid to be friendly. However they are paid not to be rude and to above all be efficient.

Now for my Tim Horton's Story.... I will leave it up to you to decide if this cashier was slow, dimwitted, tired or having a bad day. P.S. I was not rude to her in the least but definetly left shaking my head wondering where they foud her.

This was a few years ago when they had chilli in a bread bowl. Here's a rundown of our conversation....

Me: I'd like a chilli breadbowl combo please
    Her: starts to ring it in, stops "I dont think we can do that sorry"
    Me: Why?
    Her: Well, you see the chilli comes in a bread bowl
    Me: Yes and?
    Her: Well dont you think that would make an awful mess in the bag?
    Me: Do you sell soup to go?
    Her: Yes but that goes in a container with a lid...
    Me: Well then couldnt you just put the chilli in the to go container with the breadbowl onthe side and I could put it in myself at home?
    Her: OH YA! Ok .... proceeds to ring through my order.

Haha it really was funny even at the time.... anyway just know that for all the cashier bashing that gets done there is a fair bit of customer bashing as well behind the scenes. As long as we all play nice at the till and complain in private after

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yep...let's put everyone out of a job and smile at the few left while we do it!

IGNORANT!!!

&

PRICELESS!!!!

kellyg
    Last edited by kellyg; Tue, Jan 5th, 2010 at 10:12 PM.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nagib View Post
    all cashiers are stupid and lazy, useless peons. Replace them all with automatic self serve machines

i dont ge it! You dont have be rude and irrespect people

are you thinking in being a cashier one day? I can offer you a shift! Let me know but i know you wont be qualified!!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread Information