User Tag List

MrsSmith-ExtremeShopper
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

**2nd UPDATE** Went to another LD and they said they weren't enforcing the limitations so I got to use all my coupons there for free pasta! **

**UPDATE** Spoke with LD HQ this morning and was told that YES, they are now enforcing the limitations on coupons, so the limitation of "ONE COUPON PER PURCHASE" in my case limited me to using one copy of that coupon per purchase and I could not have bought 6 of the same items with 6 coupons on one receipt. I would have to split the purchases into 6 transactions as suggested by SCers below, but I would not have been able to use the 3 $1 off wyb 2 coupons because the transaction only would show 1 item per transaction instead of 2. KWIM? So in this case, the limitation did not allow me to stack. Now if I had a 2nd different coupon for the same product that wasn't a "when you buy 2" scenario, I could stack that coupon with no problem. **

I went to the LD at Coq Ctr today to buy 6 boxes of Catelli (PM with WM), and had 6 .75cents coupons and 3 $1 wyb 2 coupons. The cashier at the CS desk told me I could not use 6 of the same UPC coupons as she said the coupon read "one coupon per purchase." So I would only be able to use one .75 cent coupon and one $1 coupon for the entire purchase instead of all 9 coupons to stack. I told her I had stacked successfully there many times and when the coupon policy had changed. She said,"THEY just told me we weren't to take more than 1 of the same UPC coupons anymore." I asked to speak with a manager, and she said she was a manager (her name tag identified her as a department manager).

I didn't make a scene or ask to speak with another manager because there was a long line behind me, so I just left. I've emailed LD HQ but am wondering if any of your LD stores have started to enforce this policy of only 1 UPC coupon per transaction?

Sigh. This should teach me not to coupon shop on a Sunday. LOL. I really dislike it when coupon shopping doesn't turn out like you think it will, I hate confrontations and being embarrassed at the check out.

Thanks for letting me rant, and please let me know if any of your stores are doing the same thing. I'll post when I hear back from HQ.
    This thread is currently associated with: London Drugs
    Last edited by MrsShopper; Thu, Jan 7th, 2010 at 02:04 PM. Reason: updates

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You should have spoke to a manager when you were there.Don't worry about inconveniencing other people.If they can't wait they shouldn't go shopping or go another register.It's a good idea to go weekdays 9am-5pm that's usually when I think the most experienced staff works.

Sleep Deprived
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I HATE the LD at Coquitlam Center. End of rant. Haven't been back in 2 months and will never go back.
    Who was the woman that you dealt with at CS? Was she a blonde with a spiral perm and black rimmed glasses? She hates pricematchers and coupon stackers. You had six products, so I don't see why you can't use 6 coupons (one each even if they have the same UPC). That's not even stacking.

MrsSmith-ExtremeShopper
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Poirot, I asked to speak to a manager and she said she was a manager. I had to get somewhere too, plus the line was really long (I've never seen a line that long), so I just let it go. I'm in the LD area at least 2x/wk so I will go back another day. The irony is, my favourite cashier was on the other till, I should've waited for her.

Junerose, the CS you mentioned is actually nice to me, she did give me a bit of a hassle when I first started couponing but now she actually oohs and aahs over the deals and shows my receipts off to others.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsShopper View Post
    Poirot, I asked to speak to a manager and she said she was a manager. I had to get somewhere too, plus the line was really long (I've never seen a line that long), so I just let it go. I'm in the LD area at least 2x/wk so I will go back another day. The irony is, my favourite cashier was on the other till, I should've waited for her.

Junerose, the CS you mentioned is actually nice to me, she did give me a bit of a hassle when I first started couponing but now she actually oohs and aahs over the deals and shows my receipts off to others.
    Hopefully you hear from the headoffice and stick to your favourite cashier.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    332 (100%)

It happened to me too. The guy at the CS said he is the manager. I should ask for the store manager instead. People really want to make up their own policy.

in the Ghetto of Richmond...apparently :rolleyes:
    Trading Score
    111 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsShopper View Post
    I went to the LD at Coq Ctr today to buy 6 boxes of Catelli (PM with WM), and had 6 .75cents coupons and 3 $1 wyb 2 coupons. The cashier at the CS desk told me I could not use 6 of the same UPC coupons as she said the coupon read "one coupon per purchase." So I would only be able to use one .75 cent coupon and one $1 coupon for the entire purchase instead of all 9 coupons to stack. I told her I had stacked successfully there many times and when the coupon policy had changed. She said,"THEY just told me we weren't to take more than 1 of the same UPC coupons anymore." I asked to speak with a manager, and she said she was a manager (her name tag identified her as a department manager).

I didn't make a scene or ask to speak with another manager because there was a long line behind me, so I just left. I've emailed LD HQ but am wondering if any of your LD stores have started to enforce this policy of only 1 UPC coupon per transaction?

Sigh. This should teach me not to coupon shop on a Sunday. LOL. I really dislike it when coupon shopping doesn't turn out like you think it will, I hate confrontations and being embarrassed at the check out.

Thanks for letting me rant, and please let me know if any of your stores are doing the same thing. I'll post when I hear back from HQ.
    I don't have any issues doing this at my LD, I agree though it's not stacking when you have 6 coupons for 6 products adding the $1 WUB 2 coupon is stacking but I don't get why the cashier would have a problem with the 6 75 cent coupons... I think maybe the department manager misunderstood the coupon stacking "policy"
    :pottytrain2: :pottytrain2: :pottytrain2:

Trading Score
    186 (100%)

This has happened to me several times aswell. Then I tell them "Fine". " I want to purchase the same product 6 times". "Go ahead and ring it up 6 times and I will use 1 coupon each time u ring it up"....and usually them look at me like I am nuts and take all the coupons, and sometimes they are annal and will ring it up 6 times! either way walk out of there with my products

MrsSmith-ExtremeShopper
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

update posted in first post.

Sleep Deprived
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Just read Mrs. Shopper's update. Hmmmm....that means people lining up behind multiple coupon users will now have to wait even longer as the products will have to be rung up separately. Also, doesn't this new rule negate some of the advantages of stacking for people who shop at LD? Like the OP said, you can't use those coupons that says if you buy 2, you save X dollars. Glad I don't shop there anymore.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

So if you had different upcs on the .75 it would have been O.K. to use them with the 1.00 wub2.....Guess this means that if I go there with multiple stacks of the same coupons,I'll spend all day going back and forth through the tills-oh well,I don't mind too much.Glad I found this out now,instead of later with a big line up behind me.

MrsSmith-ExtremeShopper
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by secheltsaver View Post
    So if you had different upcs on the .75 it would have been O.K. to use them with the 1.00 wub2.....Guess this means that if I go there with multiple stacks of the same coupons,I'll spend all day going back and forth through the tills-oh well,I don't mind too much.Glad I found this out now,instead of later with a big line up behind me.
    Only if neither coupon said "one per purchase."

Thread Information