User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

On Jan 2nd at 7:35 am I called Cdn Tire Service dept. at Calgary Trail (Edmonton) and asked the representive if they do out of province vehicle inspections, I was told that they do, at which point I stated that I would be there in 20 mins. Upon arriving I told the same fellow that I spoke to on the phone that I would like the out of province vehicle inspection, at this point he tells me that I have to go to a Alberta registry office and get an out of province form. I asked him why he didn't tell me that before I drove over, his reply "I should know that I need this form." His manager Peter was standing nearby and said yeah you should know that what are you an IDIOT. I guess since I am an IDIOT I will have to shop somewhere else.
    This thread is currently associated with: Canadian Tire, Guess

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Canadian Tire auto service is the worst customer service I have ever received in my life. I complained to head office and nothing ever happened. Yep, it's fair to say that they are terrible and to be avoided.

Trading Score
    176 (99%)

I haven't ever heard a good review of CT auto repair centres, but I have heard MANY terrible reviews. I would never ever go there.

Sorry that happened to you
    Andrea
    My Blog: http://andreasfitness.blogspot.com

I joined Swagbucks and made $25 in 3 weeks! Its so easy! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rhiannon1891

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

i hope you are going to call head office and complain...this "manager" needs to be suspended or diciplined...where does he thinks the money to pay him comes from?? CUSTOMERS!! What an @sshole

Karen
    Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Ouch. I would definitely be making a complaint about that.

But as for the inspection, I wouldn't get it done at CT. Get a referral from someone to a real mechanic. CT is on our blacklist... rule #1 is, don't have an inspection done by a guy who gets a commission on the parts/service your car needs.

Now you need to go to the registry, get that form - there is a fee for it - then take it to the mechanic for them to fill out - then you take it back to the registry and get your car registered. All in all it cost us about $200.

Trading Score
    56 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by khipson View Post
    But as for the inspection, I wouldn't get it done at CT.
    I second that. We refuse to get any work done at CT, they have a bad reputation and from what I can tell, they've earned it.

I can't believe he actually called you an idiot! The nerve of some people. Like you would know, being that you're not living in the province, what kind of form you would need!

Sleep Deprived
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Not acceptable! Definitely write a letter to the Head Office (whether you would get acknowledged or not is another matter). The guy should be fired, or at least severely reprimanded. He is in the service industry. If he won't help a customer and wants to insult him/her to boot, he should just consider a job where he doesn't have to deal with people-like scrubbing toilets.

Thread Information