User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ex0ticb3lla View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, the glasses I wanted originally would have cost $142 but with price matching them from another site I will only end up paying $71 love it
    Did you check justlenses.com????
    THey are about the lowest price glasses I've seen ANYWHERE to date - -and believe me I put several hours into finding the best deal I could to price match against!!

Also... if you use clearlycontacts.ca pls try to order online... use a promo code (the newest one I've seen which may still be active is:
    bringon2010). It gets you 20% off!!! I used the promo code, THEN called to price match... LOL... for extra savings.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

i spend $450 few months ago.these are Dior.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've also heard about these great prices but it's hard work to find a pair of glasses that are the correct size for me...Judging by the pair that I"m wearing, there's unfortunately only a handful that are the right size for my big round head!!

Oh and if anyone knows a way to search glasses by size please let me know..right now I have to look up each pair individually to find out they don't fit!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Price matched last night: the price they matched was the glasses + shipping + exchange rate. Still ended up saving $29 from the pm, plus they let me use the 20% off code (although she said that in the future I wouldn't be able to price match after using a coupon).

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Wow! That is a great price.

I know my younger sister went threw 2 pairs of glasses within a couple days this fall. The puppy chewed one pair really good, the other was broken in PE class. It really can be expensive to replace them.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

ohip no longer covers eye exams for adults, only for children. many benefit plans that have vision care have included it now... in some cases they didn't increase the $ so you have less to put towards your glasses.

eye exams prices vary widely in ontario. i pay $70 for a basic exam. lenscrafters and others can charge $100 or more but sometimes do more tests... i went to them once and thought it was overkill, but its personal preference.

also keep in mind that for contacts you really need a fitting the first time. my prescription changed slightly once they checked the trial pair. i find costco does a pretty good job.

as someone with no vision coverage i've wondered about buying online. i'll have to look into it further. at the prices mentioned i could have multiple pairs to match my wardrobe!

Trading Score
    247 (100%)

Thank you so much for this post, I needed glasses so I went to their site. This is what I found:

Chanel frames, perscription lenses, all the tinting + Fedex Overnight Shipping=$670

I got them for $105, incl. GST!!!!

There is a code just for BC Residents, until the opening of the 2010 Games, get additional %50 off

Just type in GOFORGOLD, during your online order.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Canirishmum --
    Wow!! Great deal!!

Now that you've done that -- please look around online (try visiondirect.com or lensway.com) and see if you can find the frames, lenses and tinting for even less!! My glasses were $58 on clearlycontacts.ca

And were only $19.98 on lensway.com --

Clearly contacts price matched, and BEAT that price... so my total dropped a TON.

:D

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

Could you please post a pics of glasses so we have an idea what they look like! Thanks!

I can't wait to look into this more! My b/f & I both need glasses!

Trading Score
    247 (100%)

Checked lensway.com, and the frames are $1 more. $128 on ClearlyContacts.ca, $129 on Lensway. Visiondirect didn't seem to have prescription glasses, just contacts

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I have ordered from www.zennioptical.com just this past fall. I am really happy with them. Total price $76.00 Canadian including shipping and handling! Took about 10 days for delivery

And now that I know you can price match I am going to find me another pair!
    Last edited by itsmewhoelse; Fri, Jan 15th, 2010 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Price match

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Has anyone here ordered prescription sunglasses from one of these online sites before? I was wondering if lets say I pay $100, can I still claim them under my emp insurance?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

torontoeh --
    YES you can get your insurance to cover prescription glasses (providing your benefits DO cover prescription glasses).... to order through online... you order them and pay with credit card... then you get claim form from HR at your work... and fill it out, and send in with receipt for reimbursement. Clearlycontacts does it that way - they don't deal directly with insurance companies.

Someone else asked for a picture of the glasses -- I am not going to post pictures of myself in the glasses (just don't like my pic out there!!)... but... you can visit the site... and see all the frames they have available online...

And then upload a pic of yourself in their virtual mirror... try them on the pic and see how you might like them.

Mine will arrive this afternoon sometime and I can't wait!!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

The retail stores are certainly over pricing - a lot! Online shopping for glasses is certainly becoming a trend. I shopped at clearlycontacts.ca before and I would highly recommend them - not just the low price but also great customer service!
    ************************ <a href="http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/t4tintin">Get Free Gift Cards from Swagbucks</a>
    <a href="https://livingsocial.com/redeem_invite/25197464-ellemo?ref=lnk">Get $5 Credit from LivingSocial by entering email</a>

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My glasses arrived!! And I LOVE them!! They fit perfectly -- they look great... and honestly -- these lenses are more clear (better coatings?) than the last pair I purchased at a retail store!!

Definately going to order from there again!! And the customer service really is outstanding!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information