User Tag List

Page 9 of 182 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 109 ... LastLast
Like Tree1021Likes

Thread: If there is anything you do NOT like about SmartCanucks please let me know!

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

Boo, I want you to know that I love this site to pieces. But, I have to let you know that the search option sucks. The other day I was looking for something and the search engine did not come up with anything. I did the same search in google and found the sc thread immediatly.

I would also love if we could search people's wish list. That would make it great to find takers for specific coupons.

And finally, lower the amount of candies needed for gifts!!!!!! Take the tax off, if you can't, please explain why tax should be paid on a virtual gift. If we have to pay tax, then please activate the interest option in the candy bank.
    My Queen passed out from pure bliss thanks to her secret Santa. Bless you kind angel

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

So this is the complaint department? O.k. where do I start?

Let me think about it for a while.

O.k. I have one, what happened to the TOP Deal Posters and TOP Brag posters of the month thingy?

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

i have a problem with my psosts when i tried to edit my signature using red it made it go all wonky my rep button is where my signature should be i've noticed other people have the same problem too

and how about a 1/2 price candy sale

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

My only request would be to either lower Candy prices or increase the rate we can earn them I'd love to share more "love". LOL

SDM Optimum Queen Wannabe julie.leeds's Avatar
    Trading Score
    23 (100%)

What Julie thinks......ain't necessarily right, but...

I think there needs to be a web page accompanying the forum and blog.

That way there can be a link to a page with the "rules of conduct" and other things that are "sticky" about the site (what rep means, what feedback means, what candyland is) These are things members don't really need to have the capacity to respond to.

Maybe for contests or deals if the posts could be listed chronologically rather than by newest post, then by default the older posts would slip away leaving newer additions nearer the top. (but the older ones would still exist to comment on)

I also think the blog should be separate.(not on a tab of the forum)

So you would have a web page with the SmartCanucks logo, a welcome message, a login/register area a list of links down the side for blog, forum, cashback, flyers, etc (the things you might want to access quickly and separately from the forum) and another column with advertising for the site.

As for revamping the forum...I think it needs to be streamlined, and re-organized slightly.

How I would attemp that is I think each major retailer should have their own section, with the latest flyer as a sticky on the top, and then any flyer comments could be made below. Each store could have a section for flyer comments, coupons, loyalty programs, general feed back about the store and then general chit chat about the store.

I don't think all or even any of these need to be done, these are just suggestions. I am willing to help out if needed.

(And maybe we could have a social section, for those who would like to meet up under a social situation rather than just saving or trading coupons)

Follow the elephant...
    http://thestthomasblog.com

Stacking ninja....Hija!!! nottinkerbell's Avatar
    Trading Score
    117 (100%)

My wishlist on my "about me" page keeps getting cut-off at the bottom. I'm assuming there is a certain number of lines allowed and I'm going beyond it. I woul like to see the line limit doubled. The more items u have on your wishlist the easier it is for trades

that is a very small complaint though for a very fabulous site. I love Smart Canucks!!
    Have I mentioned I love coupons??

Trading Score
    569 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nottinkerbell View Post
    My wishlist on my "about me" page keeps getting cut-off at the bottom. I'm assuming there is a certain number of lines allowed and I'm going beyond it. I woul like to see the line limit doubled. The more items u have on your wishlist the easier it is for trades

that is a very small complaint though for a very fabulous site. I love Smart Canucks!!
    This happen to me as well.I assume(like DH always tell me)I want too much!!LOL!!It was happening with my trade list as well till half of it expired the end of the year.

<input id="gwP" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsP" type="hidden"><input id="gwP" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsP" type="hidden">
    Want free Christmas shopping???
    get giftcards to Amazon!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

hi.
    my name is humy
    one think i note about this site
    only few pepole always up this site
    if i put some deal no boday did not thump up mu post
    same if couponlady make like my ad post same
    all people give her thump up WHY??
    only why some pepole important on this web site?
    before i was posting very good deal,then i note only some pepole getting rewards so i leave the post
    and second
    http://forum.dealcetera.com/canadian-flyers/
    some of them took from this web site great deal
    and took reward
    thats not good i notce
    speially couponlady

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

just wanna know when you're planning to send out the gc's from the cute baby contest???
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Major outstanding issues on the board should be taken care of and resolved before brand new, totally different features, contests, "surprises", etc. are undertaken. i.e. the cashback issue should be your primary concern and dealt with (all monies handed out and disputes resolved) ASAP. Once that is resolved, then go on to new endeavours with respect to the board.

New "surprises" are great and all.. but, it's easy to understand why A LOT of board members are upset and begin to wonder how serious you are in getting the cashback issue resolved.. when they notice your time is allocated to something else.
    FREE PayPal $$ and Amazon Gift Cards!
    https://www.swagbucks.com/profile/tommygunn

Easy way to get Amazon Gift Cards, PayPal $$, and much more! Join MyPoints!
    https://www.mypoints.com?rb=31269562

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

Obviously I love the site like everyone else! My only wishes would be:

* better Search feature on site--as another poster said, it's often easier to use Google than Search on SC
    * put a size restriction on signature pics/graphics--they can be very distracting & as another poster pointed out, they take the pages longer to load & would probably be best in the user's album

Thanks so much!

denise

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

When I first joined, I saw others using banner referrals in their signature and so I added one to mine as well, not knowing that there were rules against it. I think it would be helpful if the signature rules were clearly stated on the page where you edit your signature.

Are the following signature rules still in force?

• Do not post more than 2 referral links in your signature and make sure it's the regular font size, not balded, not italicized and in the regular blue colour.
    • Do not post banners or any images that links to a referral program.
    • Do NOT start new threads about websites with referral links and post your referral link. If you want to let people know about a website that has referral links post the normal link without your referral code and then ask the next member to use the link in your signature.
    • Do NOT expect everyone to use your referral code because you started a thread. You should have a chain where A refers B then B refers C etc.
    • I don't care if the website gives a special prize to a person who refers the most people. Go advertise your referral link somewhere else.
    • Do not argue or fight about whose referral link to use
    • Do not post a referral link to any website that provides points by shopping at stores similar to the ones in SC's cashback. Come on, please respect the effort put into SC or just leave.

I still see people who have banners in their signatures, and lots of people have their referral links bolded and/or italicized and in different colors and in larger fonts. If the signature rules have changed, can you let us know what they are or where to find them? If the signatures rules haven't changed, can they be enforced??

Can we also have a size limit for images that are included in signatures? Sometimes people have images that take up half the screen and I find it kind of annoying, especially when being viewed on a blackberry.

Having said all this, I really do love this site and am very grateful for everyone who makes it so amazing.

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    If something is reported, does everyone receive it? or does anyone that is "available" handle it? maybe it would help to have more mods, or to have all mods able to do all tasks?

I was a mod on another forum and we all handled everything, of course the admin had abilities that the regular mods did not have, like editing html but for the most part, all mods could do basic stuff like deleting and moving threads, banning people etc.
    Going to quickly address some of 's questions:

It seems, that no, not all mods get the same threads reported to them.
    I've come on to find threads moved or deleted, and with an inquiry will find out they were reported, but I didn't get the reports.

Sometimes mods are more comfortable or have more of an interest in some sections of the site than others, just for example, Koala with contests and myself with freebies. But if something is reported anywhere, like spam, any of us could chose to remove it.

For signatures, I go through these reports daily. I use Firefox mostly, and with that, certain ads like swagbucks don't appear on my screen. (And also, I discovered, the reason I don't see the ads of our recent new sponsors.) When I get a report of a banner, I reset Firefox to view as an IE browser, and sure enough, there is everything!

The amount of reported threads have really increased since we had our chat thread about "what to report" a while back. And people, I think this is great, that you are all taking such an active interest in the going-ons of SC and helping to keep it organized.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinglehopper View Post
    I have a question about 'subscribed threads'. If I click this link it shows me over 300 threads. I'm guessing we automatically 'subscribe' to a thread by commenting in it? Is there any way that you can just self choose the threads you want to be subscribed to? I'd just like a handful of ones to show up in my list... but don't want to go through all 300+ and unsubscribe/remove them.
    Yes, you subscribe to a thread by commenting on it. Also, to subscribe to a thread without typing a million "thank you's", click on "thread tools" and "subscribe to thread." It will give you a screen where you can chose if you want an email notification or not. Go to your User CP to unsubsribe from a thread if you don't want a notice of it anymore.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yes I realize this is a big issue and I WILL pay everyone their money. It's just a slow process because of all the technicalities involved. That system has been a mess all along

And people can freely voice their opinion. If any one got banned over this please let me know.
    There were a few temp banned, as you permitted me too for contantly trolling but noones been perm banned over this at alll, and Boo was told who was involved and directed to each post.

It would be nice to add new gifts to candyland, but I wouldnt want to make them less amounts or more candies per post as it is a 'reward' for posting, starting threads etc.
    Last edited by Sally888; Wed, Jan 13th, 2010 at 11:04 AM.

S J
    Female
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tommygunn View Post
    Major outstanding issues on the board should be taken care of and resolved before brand new, totally different features, contests, "surprises", etc. are undertaken. i.e. the cashback issue should be your primary concern and dealt with (all monies handed out and disputes resolved) ASAP. Once that is resolved, then go on to new endeavours with respect to the board.

New "surprises" are great and all.. but, it's easy to understand why A LOT of board members are upset and begin to wonder how serious you are in getting the cashback issue resolved.. when they notice your time is allocated to something else.

I second this suggestion! although i have nothing to do with it{actually I do but I have let go.........} but this issue is becoming a big pain , please resolve this . if a member starts attacking then all other members get upset with him because they love this site and boo{I do too}but there have been tooooooooooo many issues . even sally who promised to take the subject on and resolve it is no where in sight! its leaving a very bad taste for lots of us.

at least i am one of them even if I have nothing to do with it.

Page 9 of 182 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 109 ... LastLast

Thread Information