User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    90 (100%)

UPDATE******
    So I just received a call from the third party who is handling the rebates and she says that I received the letter before the chq. She said there was a chq in the mail for me for 1 bottle refund. Well I'm sure she is just covering her butt as they send me the rejection letter with my receipt and form back to resend in. She said she was confused as she thought I wanted 2 reabates. I said no I sent in 1 form filled out and only noted on the reciept where I bought the product. Anyhow the cheque is in the mail....

So I sent in the receipt, the little pink form filled out an envelope with a stamp and self addressed as requested. They send me a letter today stating it's one per household. I only sent in for 1 but because I underlined the 2 that I purchased on the reciept like they mentioned to do (although I underlined both that I bought) they sent it back refusing to reimburse me. I did nothing out of the ordinary but underline the 2 bottles purchased so they knew where to look on the receipt. I sent in one form filled out. I am so mad now that I have to send that letter back with a new self addressed envelope and waste 2 stamps for something so stupid. She simply could have given me the money back for the one form I sent in. Who cares if I underlined 2 bottles I bought the MIR I sent was for one bottle... sometimes it makes me wonder! I am writing them a letter stating how stupid this is and am NOT sending another self addressed envelope (which they did NOT use). I'm also calling someone I'm not sure yet who but I will find someone to call.

Anyone else have this happen?...
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by watergirl73; Tue, Feb 9th, 2010 at 10:54 AM. Reason: UPDATE

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

So if you had just circled one on the receipt, you would of been fine?

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Dunno who you can call/what you can do.
    But I just filled mine out and am waiting for MIL to get home to give to her to drop in a box tomorrow. Is it really going to be a hassle? Never done a MIR before..

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

That's exactly right if I had circled only1 on the receipt I would have been fine which is TOTALLY ridiculous. I only wanted to direct them to the sunlight green clean that I purchased and only sent in 1 form for rebate along with the receipt and the SASE (which I never got back)...

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    So if you had just circled one on the receipt, you would of been fine?

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Ya that definitely sucks, that's why I think hard before I send away for MIR sometimes not worth the trouble of purchasing the product and expecting the money back form the MIR. In the case of this sunlight one, I paid like $1.49 for this product (with $2 coupon), is it worth sending away for $3.49. Especially since you are have to use two stamps, two envelopes?..not really. I have two receipts, but can't find the one to send it in...

Coupon Ninja in Training astrid's Avatar
    Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I just got my rebate back for this. That sucks that they misunderstood what you were trying to show - I would assume that they would just process one instead of sending the whole thing back! I would phone and explain what happened. From what I've heard on this forum, Sunlight has some really good customer service, so I think you'll have a happy ending.

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

I just sent an email to the owner of CF&S service, Ron in Pickering, Ont who is third party taking care of the MIR's so I expect he should respond as this is just ridiculous.

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

Yes and apparently something so simple is very difficult for someone to realize. No brainer!

Quote Originally Posted by astrid View Post
    I just got my rebate back for this. That sucks that they misunderstood what you were trying to show - I would assume that they would just process one instead of sending the whole thing back! I would phone and explain what happened. From what I've heard on this forum, Sunlight has some really good customer service, so I think you'll have a happy ending.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by watergirl73 View Post
    So I sent in the receipt, the little pink form filled out an envelope with a stamp and self addressed as requested. They send me a letter today stating it's one per household. I only sent in for 1 but because I underlined the 2 that I purchased on the reciept like they mentioned to do (although I underlined both that I bought) they sent it back refusing to reimburse me. I did nothing out of the ordinary but underline the 2 bottles purchased so they knew where to look on the receipt. I sent in one form filled out. I am so mad now that I have to send that letter back with a new self addressed envelope and waste 2 stamps for something so stupid. She simply could have given me the money back for the one form I sent in. Who cares if I underlined 2 bottles I bought the MIR I sent was for one bottle... sometimes it makes me wonder! I am writing them a letter stating how stupid this is and am NOT sending another self addressed envelope (which they did NOT use). I'm also calling someone I'm not sure yet who but I will find someone to call.

Anyone else have this happen?...
    You could call Sunlight http://www.sunlightlaundry.ca/en/contact.aspx

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

Thanks so much for taking the time to find that for me....ur awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

sometimes when they are dealing with a third party doing the rebates it turns a good thing to a bad thing (and can get a bad rep for the company)... i FINALLY got my check last week... i sent it away back in november i think? and the check was dated for december... it took over a month from the date on the check for it to finally get to me
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by watergirl73 View Post
    ... and the SASE (which I never got back)...
    They kept the SASE?? sheesh

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I hate MIR. We bought a USB memory card thing and were supposed to get like $20 back but they sent it back saying we didn't buy it in the right time period.

We had but my husband never got around to resending it and I had just had a baby so never did it but I will not use them. The companies just aren't trustworthy!
    Keep it carbed......

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Yep this is why I don't often do MIRs because of all the hassle involved

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

I just spoke to customer service at Sunlight who kinda laughed that they did that as it makes NO sense at all. I simply said I circled them on the receipt for easy direction to the product and to say "hey I was a good customer I bought 2 not just 1". In no way did I ever communicate that I wanted 2 rebates as I only sent in one little pink form. She didn't understand why they would do that and simply not send me the chq for one and in the event they felt that by me circling 2 meant I wanted 2 could have easily stated one per household and left it at that. No they had to frustrate the customer by sending a rejection letter...and keep my SASE. She asked if I was going to send it in again. I said no because I will be using the same receipt which has the products circled and they will do the same thing again.. she chuckled.... anyhow I will keep you all updated. She put an investigation in and took all my info.

She was very pleasant to deal with... phew.
    Last edited by watergirl73; Tue, Feb 9th, 2010 at 09:20 AM. Reason: sp

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information