• 2 Post By hollyquaiscer
  • 1 Post By Natalka
  • 1 Post By Patty Smyth
  • 1 Post By Mamaelmo
  • 2 Post By MrsSunshine

Thread: Massive migraine.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

The first one in 30 years hit me yesterday. Hit me hard. I used to get them between the ages of 10-12. They were horrible and made me wish for death, but they stopped when I was about 12. I figure they were puberty related, hormonal changes or whatever.

So yesterday I had a wicked headache, and it kept getting worse. I went to bed after supper to get away from it, but it was still there when I woke 4 hours later. And now there was a heaping helping of nausea on top of it (vomited), and that's when I knew what it was.

But why? Went back to sleep and woke up today, still with the vicious headache. It just would not let go. I've heard that diet can trigger migraines, so I thought about what I had eaten recently and there was nothing unusual. Then I figured it out. For the last month or so I've been on a tea kick. 5 or 6 large mugs of tea per day. But I ran out of tea bags and forget to pick up more the last couple of days. I asked my daughter to go up to Timmy's and get me a coffee. Head was pounding like you wouldn't believe, but 5 minutes after starting to drink the coffee it was totally gone. I was astonished because I thought I was playing a longshot as to the cause.

I've managed to get myself addicted to caffeine at the ripe old age of 42. Jeez.

This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by DaveP; Thu, Nov 15th, 2012 at 01:27 AM.
    hollyquaiscer, i_forget and vesper like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That is interesting! 2 days ago I developed a massive headache after returning from an 8 day trip. Unnatural pain! Never had it before.

I wondered if constantly boarding planes and driving thru high altitude in Colorado and Montana triggered this. Or ex girlfriend stress/heartache?

I took pain killers for this, feel better.
    hollyquaiscer and DaveP like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I know how you feel. I ran out of coffee a couple years ago. I decided to just go without for a day or two untill I got to the store. Big mistake. I couldnt believe how bad the headache I got was. Ever since then I am very careful to never ever run out of coffee.
    hollyquaiscer, DaveP and vesper like this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Sorry Dave. I suffer from migraines and they are not fun, at all. I get cluster migraines so the vomitting comes along with that normally. I never would have thought that caffeine could do that, but why not, it's just like other drugs, ADDICTIVE

Patty Smyth and DaveP like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Patty Smyth and DaveP like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I hope you are better today after some rest.

My son started getting classic migraines around age six - that was so tough to deal with at that age (both for him and me!). They lessened a bit into the teen years, but he still gets them every few months.
    No triggers for him - we went through food diaries, etc. At least as an adult he can tell when one is coming on.
    He gets the classic aura, has to be in dark and quiet, barfs, then sleeps - usually that helps him ease through it.
    DaveP likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

If you can stand the headaches for a few days they will go away, it's all part of caffeine withdrawl but after that you will be ok. DH and I went through it too when we stopped coffee.
    DaveP likes this.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Caffien defently does it, I know when I go a few days with out my diet coke I get a migriane,, then its sending kids to the store for a cold can of pop for me. So I make sure I have caffien here at all times. And just in the past year I started drinking coffee so that helps too but I only drink like 3 cups a week if that.
    DaveP likes this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

BIG ((hugs)) for Dave. so sorry hun take it easy.drink lots of water.. and hope your better soon.
    Natalka and DaveP like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Thread Information