User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Would anyone know a good mortgage broker in the Ottawa region?

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi Jina,
    I don't personally know of any brokers in Ottawa, but If you can't find one, I'd be happy to help you out. In actuality, your broker doesn't have to live in the same area as yourself as we deal with the underwriters directly of each institution (wherever each one's main office is- usually Toronto)
    Or if you want some quick advice, feel free to pin me.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm just getting into the real estate world and have been set up with a great broker. She has made me very comfortable. At this point she is looking to find the best rate for me. She has asked me if I am comfortable with the different financial institutions that she deals with. I have heard of the banks, but not sure of the others. Does anyone have any knowledge or experience with the following places: Scotia Bank, National Bank, Toronto Dominion, First National, MCAP, Merix, Resmor, and Industrial Alliance???

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Rose View Post
    I'm just getting into the real estate world and have been set up with a great broker. She has made me very comfortable. At this point she is looking to find the best rate for me. She has asked me if I am comfortable with the different financial institutions that she deals with. I have heard of the banks, but not sure of the others. Does anyone have any knowledge or experience with the following places: Scotia Bank, National Bank, Toronto Dominion, First National, MCAP, Merix, Resmor, and Industrial Alliance???
    i am a broker as well and yes, those are all good companies. Often the "non" banks offer much better terms. . . depending on individual circumstances. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask. . .but so far she sounds good.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Rose View Post
    Scotia Bank (Bank of Nova Scotia) is one of the big 5 in Canada, as is Toronto Dominion (TD). National Bank is another traditional, large bank even though not in the top 5.
    The internet bank Ally operates on Resmor Trust - you may be familiar with the Ally ads around recently.
    Industrial Alliance you might be more familiar with as an insurance company.
    First National, MCAP, Merix, is not a bank but a financing company.

These names are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to places in Canada that offer mortgages, and you're going to find people with positive and negative experiences at any.

Really, the institution doesn't matter so much as the rate and options you get on your mortgage (yay for the stable Canadian banking system!), unless you want to do all your banking at the same place you have your mortgage.
    Join Swagbucks for free GCs & prizes, just by searching: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Chicka
    PM me for a Lockerz.com invite.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread Information