User Tag List

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I have several bottles of unused shampoos and conditioners that I would like to donate. Some are Pantene which I got on sale about 2 years ago, as well as some fairly new Herbal Essenses i got free with coupons. In addition, family members keep giving me hair products that they use a couple of times then decide they don't like. I don't like seeing them go to waste so I take them. If you know of any charity (women's shelter perhaps?) that would want them please let me know. Something in the west end of Toronto preferably.

thanks.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

I would take the unused ones to a food bank - they can accept items that aren't food related for their clients.

Some places won't take items that have been used (even once) for health and safety reasons...in some cases it makes sense (e.g. mascara) and in others it's probably not such a big deal (like shampoo...although I suppose, now that I think about it, if someone wanted to be horrible they could put Nair in it, or some kind of caustic chemical...I would prefer to believe people aren't that awful though!).

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

you can also doante them to good will or the salvation army too

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

thanks! i usually donate to value village but have never seem them sell personal care items. the goodwill website says they will take unused products which is great. salvation army and value village don't list it. i can understand the concerns over opened bottles. as long as i can reduce my stock in a chartible way i'm happy!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    477 (100%)

call the shelters.. you can donate to them!!
    Join to earn GCs and many more prizes..
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/linny

Trading Score
    48 (100%)

I used to do my social work placement at Regent Park Community Health Centre (Parliament and Dundas) and they always needed personal hygeine products - homeless people go there for them and even just to use their shower facilities.
    I'm always open to trading for pet product coupons (especially free products and high value coupons) - I donate these items to shelters and rescue groups.
    My motivation - My Dog. Read his story here: www.freewebs.com/michelle_and_dinglehopper

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

BT and CityNews hold annual spring food drive, Wed.

All proceeds will go to the Daily Bread Food Bank.

Nutritious, non-perishable food items or monetary donations will be accepted at the Loblaws grocery store, located at 50 Musgrave St., which is in the Gerrard St. and Victoria Park Ave. area. The drive is slated to begin at 6 a.m. and will be covered live on Citytv.

AND THERE WILL BE PRIZES

Thread Information