User Tag List

Page 1601 of 3096 FirstFirst ... 601 1101 1501 1551 1591 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1611 1651 1701 2101 2601 ... LastLast
Results 24,001 to 24,015 of 46438
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only) v2

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by karmac View Post
    I went to the neurologist today. What was thought to be two brain aneurysms turned out to be just one on this latest scan. I'm being referred to the Toronto Western Hospital Aneurysm Clinic where the size will be monitored until such a time as action is deemed necessar.
    My wife just spent over a week there doing tests. After all the blood work and tests they came up with a diagnoses where they stated there was nothing they can do for her and that she would only get worst. When I asked about MS and some other diagnoses that were in her medical history, that they said they had to have to help aid them in their diagnoses, they said they didn't recall reading them and that MS was not a possibility. Twenty four hours later they're telling me they found a low positive for whatever it is and it can be treated but they would have preferred a higher positive. I have asked a least a dozen times what this other diagnoses was, how this treatment will help and they keep referring me to the doctor in charge of my wife's case, whom I had no name or contact number. I got more information from the nurse who came by to give one of her treatments which she stated is what she gives to MS patients. The OH therapist was able to give me the doctor's phone number. When I called i was told that he would contact me last monday. I still haven't heard from him. You would think after the treatment that there would be followup tests but we haven't been told anything. Western Hospital has this policy of shifting doctors around every six months. My wife went in on the 30th, had a bunch of doctors doing tests and then they told us that they would not see her again because of the doctor changeover. Hell I've already recieved a copy of the bill from the hospital stay from my benefits insurance company.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

United Arab Emirates declares BlackBerry a threat to national security
    26/07/2010 9:09:00 AM
    Adam Schreck, The Associated Press
    DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - The United Arab Emirates has declared BlackBerry smartphones made by Waterloo, Ont.-based Research in Motion (TSX:RIM) a potential threat to national security, saying the devices operate beyond the jurisdiction of national laws and are open to misuse.

The move raises concerns of another attempt by the government to control the flow of information in the Arab Gulf nation, which actively censors websites and other forms of media seen as harming national security or conservative local values. At the same time, however, the UAE is trying to establish itself as an international business hub.
    This is the second major controversy over the Blackberry in the UAE. A year ago, the Middle East country's biggest state-run mobile operator was caught encouraging unwitting BlackBerry users to install software on the devices that could allow outsiders to peer inside. The government has never made fully clear what happened in that case.
    In the latest flap, the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority voiced fears that the BlackBerry manages data in a way that could allow it to be misused. BlackBerry devices were singled out because they are the only phones operating in the country that automatically relay users' information to privately managed data centres overseas, the regulator said.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The TRA said the devices were launched in the UAE before "safety, emergency and national security legislation" regulating their use was enacted in 2007. It did not specify what changes it is seeking.
    The comments raised questions about the gadgets' legality in the country, home to the Mideast business hub of Dubai.
    An official at the TRA said Monday the agency had no further comment, and that no decision about the phones' future in the country had been made. She would not provide her name, as is customary among Emirati government officials.
    Spokeswomen for BlackBerry maker RIM said it did not yet have any comment.
    Just over a year ago, RIM criticized a directive by UAE state-owned mobile operator Etisalat telling the company's more than 145,000 BlackBerry users to install software described as an "upgrade ... required for service enhancements."
    RIM said tests showed the update was in fact spy software that could allow outsiders to access private information stored on the phones. It strongly distanced itself from Etisalat's decision, and provided details instructing users how to remove the software.

Commander:Northern armies rock lobster's Avatar
    No one goes off-trail. No one walks alone.
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Originally Posted by Jomac8888
    Mmmme.......10 million points!!!!!! and you say you haven't won anything.......start spending......I still think the $50 Sears card is a steal.

Dear Ms. Mmmmme...:Since you have 10 million points you can
    now afford to buy Q 107.
    Ergo, I am now applying for the position of DJ.
    My preferred hour is Tues. from 1pm - 1:30pm., as this will
    not interfere with my work of total world domination.
    My qualifications are as follows:
    1. I do not play Pink Floyd before dark.
    2. I do not play Led Zepplin before breakfast.
    3. I do not do Christmas in July.
    Thank-you for the position in advance.
    We will discuss my seven figure salary at your discretion.
    Somewhat sincerely
    Mr. rock lobster esq.

@
    ;

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  Obama.gif
Views: 1255
Size:  35.4 KB

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

http://bullwinkle.toonzone.net/knowall.wav .....

Perhaps I should hire you instead of my accountant... 6ff.
    It appears you have all the answers!
    Wish I had known sooner!

BTW.... I spend my points on what is of interest to me...
    and my family...
    Many of the items offered are of no interest. I may as well go
    for something I really want, and I do just that!

Have you ever won anything with all your spending???
    I do not recall seeing you post any winnings in the last few months

or maybe I missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by 6ffightr9 View Post
    10,000,000 points says your not spending them. I'm stuck at 1,000,000 but I have spent points on everything offered.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by karmac View Post
    I went to the neurologist today. What was thought to be two brain aneurysms turned out to be just one on this latest scan. I'm being referred to the Toronto Western Hospital Aneurysm Clinic where the size will be monitored until such a time as action is deemed necessar.
    Hey karmac.... I'm by no means a doctor - or even in the health care profession, but one would think that one aneurysm is better than two... it sounds like you're with the best experts... good luck....

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

10,000,000 points says your not spending them. I'm stuck at 1,000,000 but I have spent points on everything offered.
    I'm at 7 million....

I usually try to dump really big for something I really want.... I wanted to win the boat cruise back in the winter at the boat show.... but I only won 4 entrance passes to the boat show... that was ok... it saved us $50.00 because I would have bought them...

they haven't had that much that's really interested me lately....

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Rockie, hope you do not mind... you seem like Rockie to me...

I will need to hear your voice to ensure it will not make the listeners ill,
    fall asleep
    or go to another station I will certainly give you fair unbiased consideration.... depending on what else you can do
    Alex had me do a voice test last year when they were planning
    to have a guest host with him..... that was before the plan was cancelled...

Quote Originally Posted by rock lobster View Post
    Mmmme.......10 million points!!!!!! and you say you haven't won anything.......start spending......I still think the $50 Sears card is a steal.

now afford to buy Q 107.
    Somewhat sincerely
    Mr. rock lobster esq.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

9:15 W.W. congrenient

Commander:Northern armies rock lobster's Avatar
    No one goes off-trail. No one walks alone.
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

9:20 Winning Word: CON
    @
    ;

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My wife just spent over a week there doing tests. After all the blood work and tests they came up with a diagnoses where they stated there was nothing they can do for her and that she would only get worst. When I asked about MS and some other diagnoses that were in her medical history, that they said they had to have to help aid them in their diagnoses, they said they didn't recall reading them and that MS was not a possibility. Twenty four hours later they're telling me they found a low positive for whatever it is and it can be treated but they would have preferred a higher positive. I have asked a least a dozen times what this other diagnoses was, how this treatment will help and they keep referring me to the doctor in charge of my wife's case, whom I had no name or contact number. I got more information from the nurse who came by to give one of her treatments which she stated is what she gives to MS patients. The OH therapist was able to give me the doctor's phone number. When I called i was told that he would contact me last monday. I still haven't heard from him. You would think after the treatment that there would be followup tests but we haven't been told anything. Western Hospital has this policy of shifting doctors around every six months. My wife went in on the 30th, had a bunch of doctors doing tests and then they told us that they would not see her again because of the doctor changeover. Hell I've already recieved a copy of the bill from the hospital stay from my benefits insurance company.
    That sounds very frustrating. I had a similar experience with doctor changes at Sick Kids' only they were happening on a monthly basis. I was shocked at the beginning of a new month, when the doctors were just about to figure out a treatment plan for my daughter, the team stepped aside and a new team came in. Then they did it again the month after that but at least I was more prepared for it.
    Just because something isn't right for YOU doesn't mean it's wrong.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

UAE state-owned mobile operator Etisalat .
    Good find, thanks for that Glenn. The reality as I see it, after using both Etisalat and Du (the other provider in Dubai, not state-owned per se, but owned by the extended family of the Sheikh) for mobile and internet when I have been in the UAE, is that they may have some minor but legitimate security concerns that RIM's proprietary network is beyond their influence. They were embarrassed when those two Israeli agents suffocated that Hamas guy in his Dubai hotel room back in January, so national security is a hot topic. It also takes the attention off of their economic woes. Their greater concern in my opinion is that if someone uses Blackberry messaging then the Sheikhs are cut out of the revenue loop. Same with Skype, which they try to block. Telecommunications is very expensive across the UAE, and effectively a monopoly since both providers are owned by essentially the same people.

It's all big, bright and shiny but it's not a very NICE country. Google "Sheikh Issa" and you will see a story that nobody over there has heard of, since it wasn't reported in any UAE media.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Maybe high jump would be a btter idea! At least preferable
    over
    dancing with the 3 of us together!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by rock lobster View Post

now afford to buy Q 107.
    Somewhat sincerely
    Mr. rock lobster esq.

With Rock lobster at the helm we have a couple of guarantees.

1) There will be no Pink Floyd played on Tuesdays between 1pm and 1:30pm (not sure I'm liking that idea)

2) Christmas music might be played from August to June inclusive in this time slot. (also very bad)

Please reconsider this hire,

Witch Karmac
    Just because something isn't right for YOU doesn't mean it's wrong.