User Tag List

Page 1856 of 3096 FirstFirst ... 856 1356 1756 1806 1846 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1866 1906 1956 2356 2856 ... LastLast
Results 27,826 to 27,840 of 46438
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only) v2

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Monday the pink floyd contest starts

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We've been trying to track down the lady that sold us the dog for about a week. As part of our deal she was to provide papers for the dog's registration (proving that he's purebred although he doesn't look like it because of his colour). I believed this lady and paid premium price. My hubby finally got her on the phone today and as it turns out she was lied to and he's not registered. We are waiting to see her receipt (which she was also supposed to provide when we picked him up) but she says she paid the same amount for him as she charged us.

My hubby says that we should drop it and not ask for some money back. That he is a great little dog regardless of his parentage and we should consider ourselve lucky we found him. Especially since if he was advertised as a mixed breed, which he probably is, we never would of contacted them. BUT I hate being taken and I paid for something I didn't get, a purebred Bichon Frise.

What would you do. Drop it or ask for some money back (I'd say about half) and if she doesn't pay up take her to small claims court?
    Just because something isn't right for YOU doesn't mean it's wrong.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by karmac View Post
    ex-420er's welcome too?

Why not

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hmmm, this is a toughy, on one hand your husband makes a good point, on the other (personally) im not a fan of being taken advantage of, and if this lady took your money whilst knowing that the information she gave you was not 100% accurate, then she is asking for some sort of repercussions to take place, whether that be half of the money, or a small claims court appearance.

I'm going to side with you Karmac, in this day in age, too many people walk over each other, and it isn't fair to you.

We've been trying to track down the lady that sold us the dog for about a week. As part of our deal she was to provide papers for the dog's registration (proving that he's purebred although he doesn't look like it because of his colour). I believed this lady and paid premium price. My hubby finally got her on the phone today and as it turns out she was lied to and he's not registered. We are waiting to see her receipt (which she was also supposed to provide when we picked him up) but she says she paid the same amount for him as she charged us.

My hubby says that we should drop it and not ask for some money back. That he is a great little dog regardless of his parentage and we should consider ourselve lucky we found him. Especially since if he was advertised as a mixed breed, which he probably is, we never would of contacted them. BUT I hate being taken and I paid for something I didn't get, a purebred Bichon Frise.

What would you do. Drop it or ask for some money back (I'd say about half) and if she doesn't pay up take her to small claims court?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Your post killed Kenny... You !

80s Sitcom Trivia Guru truenorthstrongnfree's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Definately ask for some money back. You paid for a purebread, and didn't get it. If you went to a restaurant and ordered a steak, but were given a Hungry Man frozen dinner, would you pay $30 for it?
    What do the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Titanic have in common?

They both look good until they hit the ice.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Follow your Heart.

I live in a Cartoon World as I am surrounded by Characters.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

As part of our deal she was to provide papers for the dog's registration (proving that he's purebred although he doesn't look like it because of his colour). I believed this lady and paid premium price. My hubby finally got her on the phone today and as it turns out she was lied to and he's not registered.
    You and this lady had a verbal contract regardless. You agreed to pay her a price for a PUREBRED dog which she AGREED to provide proof of parentage for.

As she LIED to you and fraudulently sold you an item that is not genuine, you are intitled to be compensated. I would point this out to her and tell her she can either give you a refund (of whatever you would have paid for a pound puppy) or that you will be be left with no choice but to take it to the authorities and have her charged with fraud.

This crap makes me sick.

Why can't people just be honest? As you are are happy with the dog regardless, that just tells me she would have found a new home for him anyway without trying to rip people off! If I were in your shoes I'd give it a shot, it just isn't right to leave it be. You don't know how many times shes tried to pull this scam.
    CocoB

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Time to call in kids!!!
    CocoB

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We've been trying to track down the lady that sold us the dog for about a week. As part of our deal she was to provide papers for the dog's registration (proving that he's purebred although he doesn't look like it because of his colour).

Never hurts to ask and at least voice your disappointment.
    Do you have an advertisement that they claimed the dog was purebred and had papers? If so, your potential for a positive court result is higher.
    I would ask once (more) nicely, explaining your perpective.
    If they offer no resolution (and I have writen proof of their claim of papers) I would follow up with a "formal" looking letter, (even copy a law firm for kicks) stating their failure to complete the contract and demand restitution by a certain date or risk escalation and the associated additional costs. A letter is easy to write and will let you vent and might put a little fear and stress in their lives to match what they have done to you.

Then I would forget about it all and enjoy the puppy.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I personally would consider yourself lucky you ended up with a dog that up to now has no issues to speak of . She may of knowingly misled you of the breed then again she also could of been duped by someone else and paid what you paid expecting that she would receive papers. We all hate to get taken , would be good to actually have a sit down with her and try to hash it out.

I never understood why it's so important to have papers , unless you plan on breeding the dog or showing it they are useless . I got my little guy from the Humane Society and paid $400 ( donation ) for him , I wouldn't change him for the world , sure he is a little energetic but thats the Jack Russel in him.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What would you do. Drop it or ask for some money back (I'd say about half) and if she doesn't pay up take her to small claims court?[/QUOTE]

Sue the biotch...LOL.

Seriously, I'd try to get some sort of refund. As Coco said (i think) explain the verbal contract and mention taking action if need be and that should pursuade her enough to give you some money back.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

These are actual comments made by 16 Police Officers. The comments were taken off actual police car videos around the country:
    1. "You know, stop lights don't come any redder than the one you just
    went through."

2. "Relax, the handcuffs are tight because they're new. They'll stretch
    after you wear them a while."

3. "If you take your hands off the car, I'll make your birth certificate
    a worthless document."

4. "If you run, you'll only go to jail tired."
    5. "Can you run faster than 1200 feet per second? Because that's the
    speed of the bullet that'll be chasing you." (LOVE IT)

6. "You don't know how fast you were going? I guess that means I can
    write anything I want to on the ticket, huh?"

7. "Yes, sir, you can talk to the shift supervisor, but I don't think it
    will help. Oh, did I mention that I'm the shift supervisor?"

8. "Warning! You want a warning? O.K, I'm warning you not to do that
    again or I'll give you another ticket."

9. "The answer to this last question will determine whether you are
    drunk or not. Was Mickey Mouse a cat or a dog?"

10. "Fair? You want me to be fair? Listen, fair is a place where you go
    to ride on rides, eat cotton candy and corn dogs and step in monkey
    poop."

11. "Yeah, we have a quota. Two more tickets and my wife gets a toaster
    oven."

12. "In God we trust; all others we run through NCIC." ( National Crime
    Information Center )

13. "Just how big were those 'two beers' you say you had?"
    14. "No sir, we don't have quotas anymore. We used to, but now we're
    allowed to write as many tickets as we can."

15. "I'm glad to hear that the Chief (of Police) is a personal friend of
    yours. So you know someone who can post your bail."

AND THE WINNER IS....
    16. "You didn't think we give pretty women tickets?
    You're right, we don't.. Sign here."

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

4:15 W.W. fre

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

4:15 ww...

free

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

ww: free