User Tag List

Page 1857 of 3096 FirstFirst ... 857 1357 1757 1807 1847 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1867 1907 1957 2357 2857 ... LastLast
Results 27,841 to 27,855 of 46438
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only) v2

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm still hoping that "The Most Interesting Man in the World" joins the race for Toronto's mayor

...Stay Thirsty My Friends

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U18VkI0uDxE&NR=1
    Shine On!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

More reasons to party in the next few weeks:

Party excuses

August 28
    Rock and Roll Day
    August 29
    National Whiskey Sour Day
    August 30
    National Marshmallow Roasting Day
    August 30
    U.S. Open Tennis (Aug. 20 until Sept. 12)
    September 4
    Last episode of Gilligan's Island aired in 1967. Tiki party anyone?
    September 6
    Labor Day
    September 15
    National Crème de Menthe Day

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

caller 97

80s Sitcom Trivia Guru truenorthstrongnfree's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sgtspeed View Post
    September 4
    My favourite episode is the one where they almost got off the island.

Then, there's my favourite episode of Three's Company. The one where there was some kind of misunderstanding?
    What do the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Titanic have in common?

They both look good until they hit the ice.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

No more worries about someone stealing your seat!

Commander:Northern armies rock lobster's Avatar
    No one goes off-trail. No one walks alone.
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by mflourei View Post
    Peace.... man

Dave's not here, man.
    Last edited by rock lobster; Thu, Aug 19th, 2010 at 04:59 PM.
    @
    ;

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I talked to my hubby again. He really doesn't want to pursue the issue even though we probably have a good case. I have a copy of the advertisement that she put up and of a contract that she signed. My hubby believes that she didn't find out that the dog wasn't a registered pure-bred Bichon Frise until this week when she pursued the guy that sold it to her on our behalf. She got lied to and as a result we were misinformed. He just wants to let it go.

the ad:

Beige Bichon Frise - 5 Months for Sale

Date Listed
    10-Aug-10
    Price
    $500.00
    Address
    Mississauga, ON L5L 5J1, Canada
    View map
    Date of Birth
    01-Feb-10 (27 weeks old)

Cute bige male Bichon frise, has all shots and dewormed, owner has health issues and can't take care of him any longer. All certificates of vaccines will be provided. Very healthy little guy, active, and trained. Accustomed to being walked twice a day once in the morning around 7 am and once in the evening at 6:30 pm. Only serious inquiries please! call

and the contract;

Sales Contract

I, _____________________ (the owner) agree to sell to:

(The purchaser) ---------------------for the sum of $500.00, one pure bred Bichon Frise dog as described below.

Sex: Male, unaltered De-wormed on ________________
    Colour: White Initial Vaccination______________
    D.O.B.: 01-Feb-10 Date of Last Veterinarian Visit_____________
    CKC Registration number (microchip ID)______________________________________

I also agree to transfer the legal ownership of this dog to you and register the transfer with the Canadian Kennel club (CKC). I will provide you with the individual registration certificate after it has been delivered to me by the CKC. I agree to provide you with all health records (including vaccination certificate), and the original bill of sale from the breeder in my possession

I warrant that your dog is in good health, free from communicable disease and internal parasites, has recently been examined by a qualified veterinarian and is of sound temperament when given to you. You are requested to have your own veterinarian examine the dog and confirm its health within 72 hours of the purchase. I agree to reimburse you for reasonable medical expenses incurred by you to treat any disease or parasite which in the opinion of a veterinarian has infected the dog while it was in my possession, providing I am notified at the time of diagnosis and given the option of treating the dog at a clinic of my choice. The amount of the reimbursement not to exceed the purchase price ($500). Once the dog is in your possession, all veterinary bills other than as indicated are your sole responsibility.

No further warranty is expressed or implied

The purchaser agrees to abide by the following guarantee:

• The purchaser will maintain the dog in good physical and emotional health by providing shelter, nutrition, grooming and medical care including annual vaccinations.

• The purchaser will feed the dog a quality dog food suitable to the dog’s nutritional requirements and will maintain the dog at a suitable weight.

• The purchaser will ensure adequate physical exercise and activity, but must not allow the dog to run at large without the supervision of a responsible adult. Neither will the dog be left chained or tied out or denied human companionship. Excessive hard physical training, road work or confinement to a crate for long periods of time will not be allowed.

• The purchaser will take the dog to a recognized obedience training class before one year of age.

• The purchaser must never allow the dog to be used for experimental or research purposes at any time during the dog’s life.

• The signatures below attest that the parties have read, understood and agree to abide by the terms of this contract in its entirety.
    Last edited by karmac; Thu, Aug 19th, 2010 at 05:07 PM.
    Just because something isn't right for YOU doesn't mean it's wrong.

80s Sitcom Trivia Guru truenorthstrongnfree's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by karmac View Post
    I talked to my hubby again. He really doesn't want to pursue the issue even though we probably have a good case. I have a copy of the advertisement that she put up and of a contract that she signed. My hubby believes that she didn't find out that the dog wasn't a registered pure-bred Bichon Frise until this week when she pursued the guy that sold it to her on our behalf. She got lied to and as a result we were misinformed. He just wants to let it go.

Can she not get the money back from the person who sold the dog? Regardless of whether she was aware or not, she duped you. If she did find out about it afterwards, it's her responsibility to compensate you, IMHO.
    What do the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Titanic have in common?

They both look good until they hit the ice.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I found the name of the episode:
    GILLIGAN'S ISLAND
    Gilligan the Goddess
    Rev. 04/17/67

I am not sure what it was called.... however Gilligan becomed Gilliana and someone falls for her. For some reason Gilligan-Gilliana was tied up to a post/ tree and I recall Gilliana counting in a lousy female voice & kept changing the count down when it got to 8 seconds back down to 4seconds I can still hear the countdown in his femalish voice.

http://www.gilligansisle.com/scripts/script98.html
    Quote Originally Posted by truenorthstrongnfree View Post
    My favourite episode is the one where they almost got off the island.
    Quote Originally Posted by truenorthstrongnfree View Post

Then, there's my favourite episode of Three's Company. The one where there was some kind of misunderstanding?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sgtspeed
    September 4
    Last edited by Mmmme...; Thu, Aug 19th, 2010 at 05:23 PM. Reason: added the name of the Gilliana episode

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Who exactly has named this person the most interesting Man in the world?

Quote Originally Posted by Neon View Post
    I'm still hoping that "The Most Interesting Man in the World" joins the race for Toronto's mayor

...Stay Thirsty My Friends

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U18VkI0uDxE&NR=1
    Last edited by Mmmme...; Thu, Aug 19th, 2010 at 08:32 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by karmac View Post
    If the person you bought it from was misled then she should go after who sold it to her and pass on the difference to you. Too many deceptive people out trying to make a quick buck...especially poor practice in the pet world. If the dog was to have been a registered pure-bred then the original breeder should back that up. Do you think the breeder was registered with the CKC? If so there may be some recourse, maybe not a refund though. I also understand your hubby's point ... does the price matter now that the you've found the dog of your dreams for such a good home? I'm sure the price paid for the new pooch will be small compared to the return that the dog will provide the family...especially if you amortize it over the years that they'll be in the family. Just a thought (or two)
    Shine On!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mmmme... View Post
    Who exactly has names this person the most interesting Man in the world?
    A little creative licence from the world of advertising. It happens from time to time. Regardless, he would be better candidate than the clowns that are currently running to join the circus.
    Shine On!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

KARMAC: I know what you mean, it really makes me mad if I find out I'ved been ripped off by someone who knew what they were doing. Its hard to know for sure if this woman knew or not. She did say she'd provide her receipt and that I would like to see, I would argue that point. Thing is you often end up arguing and getting mad and if she meant to rip you off I don't know if talking will do any good. Its hard to get through to people like that. I know how you feel, but at least there isn't anything wrong with the puppy healthwise that would be even worse and he seems good tempered. You can pay hundreds for mixed breeds these days too. I think I'd try for some proof of what this woman paid but if she doesn't provide it I don't think there is much you can do unfortunately Some people are just !

When I bought this house it was in the agreement that the previous owners would leave all the window coverings but they didn't they took them all. I was really mad and and wanted to charge them but they had moved to France and my Real Estate Agent said there was nothing we could do! I managed to get their number and they acted like it didn't matter and their mother had them. After arguing for some time the mother came over, said some rude stuff and dropped off some, two panels for a three panel window! and another cheap pair that didn't fit! I was very angry but there was nothing I could do. Sometimes its better for our health to let these things go, although I know it can be difficult!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I did, talk to you guys latter gotta run!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Hello fellow Canucks!

I'll be starting to review the events on this thread for a few minutes, collect some words, and deal out a few reps before I have to take my son to soccer. After soccer, I'll finish the job.

Just wanted to say thanks to the contributors and the rest of you for the banter.

Have a great evening folks!