User Tag List

Page 2772 of 3096 FirstFirst ... 1772 2272 2672 2722 2762 2770 2771 2772 2773 2774 2782 2822 2872 ... LastLast
Results 41,566 to 41,580 of 46438
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only) v2

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks everyone for the reps and words today.... We're back from nanna's 91st birthday party.... bless her soul...

Nanna has Alzheimer's and I'm sure had no idea who anyone was.... she said that she thought her twin sister would pop by today, but figured that she probably went to the states... (her twin sister has been dead more than 30 years....) She hugged her eldest son today when he came in and told everyone that he was her daddy..... Alzheimer's is such a tough disease.... especially for people like nanna that are otherwise very healthy....

I wish I had my camera on video instead of camera mode when we brought out the cake... there were two candles on top - a 9 and a 1... we told nanna to blow them out, but she was having such a hard time and couldn't blow, so she took her teeth out....

Everybody was hysterics for the rest of the party.... definitely would have been an AFV winner!!!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Nightly Recap
    Trivia
    Tech Trivia - San Francisco
    Winner:
    truenorthstrongnfree

Classic - Former bassist Cliff Burton
    Sports - Kevin James
    Word - Battery
    TDICH - Jean Drapeau
    Winner:
    6ffightr9

10:15am - perception
    Winner:
    ecat444
    Honourable Mention:
    kenrod
    Neon

4:15pm - COFFEE
    Winner:
    kenrod
    Honourable Mention:
    WolfDio
    orsybe

http://www.q107.com/Contests/Derring...ADay/Home.aspx
    7:30am - DRINKS
    Winner:
    rock lobster

10:45am - beach
    Winner:
    Neon
    Honourable Mention:
    WolfDio
    the H team

1:50pm - airplane
    Winner:
    Neon
    Honourable Mention:
    db band

4:45pm - BEACH
    Winner:
    WolfDio
    Honourable Mention:
    heartgirl99
    db band

Hope everyone enjoyed their day.

Night all.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had the Q on in the van on the way up north today, and I swore I heard Andy say that this was the final week for the trip every day contest. Did anyone else hear that too?? Isn't this only the second week??

I tried to find something in the rules and regulations, but couldn't....

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lee03 View Post
    I had the Q on in the van on the way up north today, and I swore I heard Andy say that this was the final week for the trip every day contest. Did anyone else hear that too?? Isn't this only the second week??

I tried to find something in the rules and regulations, but couldn't....
    ooops..... found it.... I guess it was 3 weeks of words... but only 2 weeks worth of trips...

1. THE CONTEST PERIOD
    The Contest commences at 12:00 AM ET on Monday, November 1st 2010 and concludes at 6:30 AM ET on Friday, November 19th 2010 (the “Contest Period”).
    Last edited by Lee03; Sun, Nov 14th, 2010 at 09:24 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Goodnight everyone.

Computer Techy at large! TO_Harley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SillyLoocie View Post
    It's an indoor kind of day. The kind of day where it is permissable to stay in your jammies until at least noon.

A good day to go to the movies with your honey. Isn't this just a gem of a picture?

Attachment 39644
    Pape & Danforth, must have been in the early 60's, judging from what is playing at the theater.

I just love these old pictures, wherever do you find them Loocie?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lee03 View Post
    ooops..... found it.... I guess it was 3 weeks of words... but only 2 weeks worth of trips...

1. THE CONTEST PERIOD
    The Contest commences at 12:00 AM ET on Monday, November 1st 2010 and concludes at 6:30 AM ET on Friday, November 19th 2010 (the “Contest Period”).

Guess they only had 10 trips to give away. Don't know what will happen this week, I may try to get up earlier to take part in the 107th caller if I can, but that's pretty early for me!

H-Team- thanks for your info on the trivia I was asking about!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

See you bright & early to catch the Train.
    Good Night, my Friends.

June 26, 1927

Car 104 approaching Canning Avenue (Cordova Road) from Islington Avenue.
    The right-of-way here became Central Park Roadway.
    1919 Mary Carr

Radial car westbound on the Humber River bridge. 1920

Two 1500V Brill cars 28 and 29 built in 1916 were assigned to local service as well. These were both sold in 1926 to the Chatham, Wallaceburg and Lake Erie which discontinued passenger service July 2, 1927; re-sold them in 1928 to the Sudbury-Copper Cliff Suburban Electric Railway. (Car 27 used on the Woodbridge Radial had been sold in 1926 by TSR to Sudbury.) 28 was lost to a fire in 1942, the same year 27 was lost to a head-on colllison in a fog. Note the conductor's change maker. William Tayles standing on the steps. William Tayles Collection.

I live in a Cartoon World as I am surrounded by Characters.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ecat444 View Post
    Guess they only had 10 trips to give away. Don't know what will happen this week, I may try to get up earlier to take part in the 107th caller if I can, but that's pretty early for me!

H-Team- thanks for your info on the trivia I was asking about!
    from what I remember (without looking back through the posts) only two people (out of 5) didn't beat Ryan.... I was up early one day last week and heard one of the winners..... I'm not very good at trivia, but I think I even knew these answers - so it did seem pretty easy.....

Good Luck!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

time for a hot tub....relaxin before another week starts.... night night all

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well, the Warden is flexing some "muscle" and sending me back to my Rep Cell.
    Pleasant Dreams, my Friend.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

WOW!!!!

14/11/2010 9:50:14 PM
    CTV.ca News Staff
    A suspected natural gas explosion tore through the lobby of a Mexican resort Sunday, killing seven people. Five Canadians were among the dead, including a nine-year-old boy.

Another eight Canadians were injured in the blast, and two are in critical condition.

The explosion occurred shortly after 9:30 a.m. local time at the 676-room Grand Riviera Princess Hotel in Playa del Carmen, which lies on the Yucatan peninsula south of Cancun.
    Along with the nine-year-old child, a 51-year-old man and two men between the ages of 25 and 30 were among the Canadians killed at the hotel, according to Jesus Puc, the director of the civil protection agency. Two Mexicans also died.
    Edmonton resident Gene Hoffman told CTV News Channel that he had more than 20 relatives at the resort, including his brother and sister.
    After the blast, his brother found his sister "bleeding on the sidewalk" and she was transported to Cancun for medical treatment.
    "She has a collapsed lung, severe internal injuries, a few broken ribs and severe lacerations to her face," Hoffman said.
    His sister's grandson, who is two years old, was also hurt in the explosion and is being treated at another hospital in Cancun.
    Francisco Alor, attorney general for the state of Quintana Roo, said that investigators were examining whether a build-up of natural gas from a swamp near the hotel may have led to the explosion.
    At least 60 Canadian tourists from Ontario's Kitchener-Waterloo region were staying at the hotel, while reports say other guests were from Alberta, Winnipeg and Quebec. WestJet spokesperson Richard Bartrem said more than 400 Canadians had booked vacations at the resort through his company.
    Ray Hamblin from Toronto was in the adjacent restaurant when the blast occurred.
    "Everybody was enjoying their breakfast and basically there was a loud explosion," Hamblin told CTV News Channel in a telephone interview from Mexico Sunday afternoon. "It sounded like lightning struck right beside you."
    The blast blew out 12-foot glass windows separating the lobby from the restaurant, Hamblin said.
    Freelance journalist Ioan Gillo said between 15 and 20 people were taken to hospitals in the area.
    In a video of the aftermath posted on YouTube, part of a roof around one of the resort's buildings has collapsed, and glass and debris are scattered along common areas. Victims can also be seen being loaded onto ambulances that line a driveway.
    Mark Bingeman said he witnessed people being pulled out of the debris, covered in cement dust.
    "There didn't appear to be any structural damage" to the building, he said. "But certainly everything was just devastated inside."
    The explosion left a four-foot deep crater in the ground, according to guest James Gaade, who estimated that at least half of the guests at the resort were Canadian.
    Staff at the hotel have evacuated the main building and an adjoining building, and have cleared the lawn in front the explosion site. Guests were being relocated to rooms in other areas of the resort.
    A spokesperson for the Department of Foreign Affairs said officials are monitoring reports of the explosion.
    Lisa Monette told The Canadian Press that the consulate in Playa del Carmen is prepared to provide consular assistance to any Canadians staying at the hotel.
    "We are aware that a number of Canadians are at the Grand Riviera Princess and are endeavouring to determine if any have been affected," Monette said.
    Anyone seeking information about Canadians who may have been staying at the Grand Riviera Princess Hotel can call DFAIT at 1-800-387-3124.
    With files from The Associated Press and The Canadian Press

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

night qt's!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

yes, terrible explosion in Mexico today. I just heard about it as I was out all day walking around downtown and Kensington Market area. That explosion must have been a terrible shock, so sudden and 8 people were killed! That hotel is not far from the one I will be going to in January or February.

Well, gotta go a few things to do before I go to sleep and try to get up for Stump the Chump tomorrow! Good Night All!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Tech Trivia:
    iOS is the operating system for the mobile devices of which company?
    Apple