User Tag List

Page 489 of 3096 FirstFirst ... 389 439 479 487 488 489 490 491 499 539 589 989 1489 ... LastLast
Results 7,321 to 7,335 of 46438
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only) v2

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Stewy View Post
    Is the Club Q site working for anyone. When Google it, the Music, Contest, etc pages are working but not the Club Q
    not working here either

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

working now must have been the coffee

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

breakfast is up

Last edited by feetfrown; Sat, Apr 24th, 2010 at 07:55 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning all!!! It looks like it's going to be a beautiful day - at least morning.... Get out and enjoy!!! I'm going to try to get my garden cleaned out today before the rain tomorrow...

Have a great day!!

need to go riding popasmurf4@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

morning folks,looks like a good day to get the bike out did some repping where able

need to go riding popasmurf4@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by feetfrown View Post
    morning all

thats pretty cool,lets seen what he can do tomorrow

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well that reppin' spree was cut short. Back to jail I go! Oh well, will drop in later and see what y'all been up to. I'm off to help a friend move this morning. Later!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    CocoB

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning all.

Why can't my eyes open up? I think that I survived the kids having a sleepover. Time to get some breakfast in them. Their friend has to get home early today to go out.

Neeeeeeeeed cofffffeeeeeeeee!!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good Morning All

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ecat444 View Post
    I don't know but any type of a brain hemorrhage is a bad, bad thing!!! Its hard to think anything positive will come out of it!
    Wondering if he had a clot after the other surgery that made its way up to the brain and hemmorrhaged. Not a good thing hopefully they can clear it up.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

morning Q-mates
    thnx for the winning words and trivia
    Have a great Saturday

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

morninga ll nor repping for me still in jail and the site still has the cash grab on the main screen where it scrolls I use it all the time and used it this morning again. Guess mon morning will tell if we get to play again or not and lets see if they do any winning words over the weekend.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Argo53 View Post
    Hey Wolfie - you there??

Did you have a good day today? Why, specifically, am I inquiring about today?
    Because on my way home last night (at 12:41 am according to the Q site) they played LAKESIDE PARK.

You've mentioned once or twice that you always have a good day when it starts with Lakeside Park. Now inquiring minds want to know if it you actually have to hear the song in order for it to be good day.

Had planned on posting this last night so you could gauge how your day was going relative to a Lakeside Park start, but by the time I got upstairs in the wee, wee hours of the morning, my fingers weren't working too well!! Funny how late at night, after a few 9:15 WW pops, the fingers won't co-operate!
    Good Morning, Argo...
    Lakeside Park works better for me when I hear it.
    It just puts me in a darned Fine Mood!!
    I will confess... never been to Lakeside Park myself.
    My direct association (final part of the Song) is actually with the CNE.
    There was something... Magical... about the CNE when I was a kid.
    The things to see in the buildings during the day... night lights & sounds in the Midway when it got dark.
    The Barkers (Doggie Doooooggie); the sounds coming from the Haunted House-Type Rides.
    I remember that they had Fireworks every night... cannot remember if it was around 10:30pm or 11pm.

'Midway hawkers calling
    "Try your luck with me;"
    Merry-go-round wheezing
    The same old melody
    A thousand ten cent wonders
    Who could ask for more
    A pocketful full of silver
    The key to heaven's door

Lakeside Park
    Willows in the breeze
    Lakeside Park
    So many memories
    Laughing rides
    Midway lights
    Shining stars on summer nights

Days of barefoot freedom
    Racing with the waves
    Nights of starlit secrets
    Crackling driftwood flames
    Drinking by the lighthouse
    Smoking on the pier
    Still we saw the magic
    Was fading every year

Everyone would gather
    On the twenty-fourth of May
    Sitting in the sand
    To watch the fireworks display.
    Dancing fires on the beach,
    Singing songs together...
    Though it's just a memory,
    Some Memories last forever.
    '

When our Dear Loocie, our Poetic Titan, takes us on Journeys back to the Ol' CNE "back then"... Nostalgia hits me. Lakeside Park will go through my head and I let the Memories pour over me and flood my Being.

Anyone remember the "Displays" they used to have in the Carlsberg Building?
    They were usually a Theme... my FAV was the Haunted House, where you walk all the way around inside and see "spooky" scenes.
    Nothing scary... just Visual Treats. Ghosts dancing, lightning in a graveyard, etc.
    Bummed me out when they stopped doing that.

*sigh*

I live in a Cartoon World as I am surrounded by Characters.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

3900 Saturdays

The older I get, the more I enjoy Saturday mornings. Perhaps it's the quiet solitude that comes with being the first to rise, or maybe it's the unbounded joy of not having to be at work. Either way, the first few hours of a Saturday morning are most enjoyable.

A few weeks ago, I was shuffling toward the garage with a steaming cup of coffee in one hand and the morning paper in the other. What began as a typical Saturday morning turned into one of those lessons that life seems to hand you from time to time. Let me tell you about it:

I turned the dial up into the phone portion of the band on my ham radio in order to listen to a Saturday morning swap net. Along the way, I came across an older sounding chap, with a tremendous signal and a golden voice. You know the kind; he sounded like he should be in the broadcasting business. He was telling whom-ever he was talking with something about 'a thousand marbles.' I was intrigued and stopped to listen to what he had to say

'Well, Tom, it sure sounds like you're busy with your job. I'm sure they pay you well but it's a shame you have to be away from home and your family so much. Hard to believe a young fellow should have to work sixty or seventy hours a week to make ends meet. It's too bad you missed your daughter's 'dance recital' he continued. ;'Let me tell you something that has helped me keep my own priorities.' And that's when he began to explain his theory of a 'thousand marbles.'

'You see, I sat down one day and did a little arithmetic. The average person lives about seventy-five years. I know, some live more and some live less, but on average, folks live about seventy-five years.

'Now then, I multiplied 75 times 52 and I came up with 3900, which is the number of Saturdays that the average person has in their entire lifetime. Now, stick with me, Tom, I'm getting to the important part.

It took me until I was fifty-five years old to think about all this in any detail', he went on, 'and by that time I had lived through over twenty-eight hundred Saturdays.' 'I got to thinking that if I lived to be seventy-five, I only had about a thousand of them left to enjoy. So I went to a toy store and bought every single marble they had. I ended up having to visit three toy stores to round up 1000 marbles I took them home and put them inside a large, clear plastic container right here in the shack next to my gear.'

'Every Saturday since then, I have taken one marble out and thrown it away. I found that by watching the marbles diminish, I focused more on the really important things in life.

There's nothing like watching your time here on this earth run out to help get your priorities straight.'

'Now let me tell you one last thing before I sign-off with you and take my lovely wife out for breakfast. This morning, I took the very last marble out of the container. I figure that if I make it until next Saturday then I have been given a little extra time. And the one thing we can all use is a little more time.'

'It was nice to meet you Tom, I hope you spend more time with your family, and I hope to meet you again here on the band. This is a 75 Year old Man, K9NZQ, clear and going QRT, good morning!'

You could have heard a pin drop on the band when this fellow signed off. I guess he gave us all a lot to think about. I had planned to work on the antenna that morning, and then I was going to meet up with a few hams to work on the next club newsletter.

Instead, I went upstairs and woke my wife up with a kiss. 'C'mon honey, I'm taking you and the kids to breakfast.' 'What brought this on?' she asked with a smile. 'Oh, nothing special, it's just been a long time since we spent a Saturday together with the kids. And hey, can we stop at a toy store while we're out? I need to buy some marbles.
    Last edited by Gold Lion; Sat, Apr 24th, 2010 at 04:34 PM.
    This Month's Cool Site - Google Translate for Animals

Friends are a very rare jewel indeed. They make you smile and encourage you to succeed.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Happy Saturday All!
    Putting the fun back in dysfunctional