User Tag List

Page 32 of 1788 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 82 132 532 1032 ... LastLast
Like Tree21264Likes

Thread: Nascar Rules

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

1996 is before my time. I didn't start watching NASCAR until the 2001 Daytona 500. On that note, I wish I had been able to see more races with Dale Sr. BTW I loved the videos you posted earlier! Dale Sr. was quite the personality off the track - so different from his personality on track.

Hmmm, I dare say the Ricky Craven crash looks worse than the Dennis Setzer pic. I'll catch the Nationwide hi-lites on NASCAR Hub tonight so I'm sure I'll see the footage for myself. Interesting how Jeff's mistake set that one off, eh? My older brother told me Jeff used to wreck a lot of cars in his early years. I remember Dale Jr. used to wreck a lot of other people's cars in his earlier Cup years, until he learned how to properly bump draft - and not do it in the corners!

It was nice to hear Gentleman Ned's commentary from that 1996 race, too. Thanks for posting it!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Honda Civic with storm gutters for side skirts:

Nissan Primera. Remember, it's a 4 cylinder:

Lada with metal piping 'hood scoop' and wooden rear 'spoiler':

Pontiac Firebird with 'tractor wheels':

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Race day Michigan 2005
    Maybe Goodwrench will come back

Name:  104_0430rs.JPG
Views: 96
Size:  28.4 KB

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by buttertart View Post
    1996 is before my time. I didn't start watching NASCAR until the 2001 Daytona 500. On that note, I wish I had been able to see more races with Dale Sr. BTW I loved the videos you posted earlier! Dale Sr. was quite the personality off the track - so different from his personality on track.

Glad u liked!!!

Hmmm, I dare say the Ricky Craven crash looks worse than the Dennis Setzer pic.

Though Ricky's crash was quite violent it was both drivers getting up into the catch-fence that was eerily similar.

Attachment 23783

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've been a NASCAR fan as long as I can remember. My dad didn't watch any teams sports - Hockey, Football, Baseball, Basketball. However if it had wheels, he was in! So I watched alot of car racing growing up.

(Sidebar - When I got older I found out that races were the best place to meet men as your chances were pretty good men outnumbering women six to one. However in the last ten years, those odds have changed dramatically as NASCAR is the biggest spectator sport in the USA and the marketing is geared toward families.)

That being said to get to the point, I've seen many spectacular crashes through the years. Probably my top being this one being Rusty at at Talladega. There was hardly any sheet metal left on the chassis! One wild ride!!!
    (Hope this attaches!!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE1-C-QCnlg"> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE1-C-QCnlg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="460" height="364" wmode="transparent">
    CocoB

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by CocoBurp View Post
    I've been a NASCAR fan as long as I can remember. My dad didn't watch any teams sports - Hockey, Football, Baseball, Basketball. However if it had wheels, he was in! So I watched alot of car racing growing up.

(Sidebar - When I got older I found out that races were the best place to meet men as your chances were pretty good men outnumbering women six to one. However in the last ten years, those odds have changed dramatically as NASCAR is the biggest spectator sport in the USA and the marketing is geared toward families.)

That being said to get to the point, I've seen many spectacular crashes through the years. Probably my top being this one being Rusty at at Talladega. There was hardly any sheet metal left on the chassis! One wild ride!!!
    (Hope this attaches!!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE1-C-QCnlg"> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE1-C-QCnlg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="460" height="364" wmode="transparent">
    Let's try again -
    Yay! It worked!!!
    CocoB

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm an idiot and posted the wrong link!
    Sorry folks here you go!

CocoB

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes, I've seen those crashes of Rusty's before. I think Ricky Rudd had a similar crash. The drivers say that they pick up a lot of speed once they start sliding into the grass.

The crashes that really surprise me are when the cars land on one another. I recall Bobby Labonte flipping up and onto Tony Stewart when they were teammates, too. I don't quite remember at which track, though.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by CocoBurp View Post
    My dad liked most sports, but I do recall the 1979 Daytona 500 as he had a big gathering at the house to watch it. My dad used to race his muscle cars at Cayuga when my brother and I were babies. He had a Barracuda and a Road Runner. My brother came home from the hospital in the 'Cuda and I in the Road Runner 15 months later. So, between my dad and my older brother I guess I couldn't help but get into cars, and racing. Needless to say my kids have their favourite driver too! No surprises as to who it is - the name they hear on TV the most: Jimmie Johnson!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by rockit View Post
    Race day Michigan 2005
    Maybe Goodwrench will come back

Name:  104_0430rs.JPG
Views: 96
Size:  28.4 KB
    Well, I guess considering Harvick's post-win comments there's no love lost between him and Shell/Pennzoil:

"...The best part about it is our sponsor's leaving, and they can leave while we're winning."

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ya Rusty took two nasty flips that year. Worst wreck I ever seen was Earhardt at Talladega. Ward Burton says afterwards "Ya, I guess I caused an accident"

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

From Jayski.com

Mears named to #36 ride: Tommy Baldwin Racing (TBR) has named Casey Mears driver of the #36 Chevy, team owner Tommy Baldwin announced. Mears will be behind the wheel of the #36 starting this weekend at Richmond International Raceway for the Heath Calhoun 400. Mears takes over for Johnny Sauter, whose two-race stint as driver of the #36 ended this past weekend at Talladega, where he finished 41st. "I'm excited to have Casey on board with the #36 and TBR," Baldwin said. "It's nice to have someone behind the wheel that is not only marketable but a proven driver as well. We look forward to getting out there at Richmond and seeing what we can do." Mears began the year driving for #90-Keyed-Up Motorsports and also served as #11-Denny Hamlin's backup driver after Hamlin's knee surgery. Mears is eagerly anticipating another chance in the Sprint Cup Series. "I'm excited to have the opportunity to go racing again," Mears said. "Tommy is working hard over at TBR and he is really looking to build something there. It's great to be part of that and I'm looking forward to this weekend at Richmond."

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Jimmie takes blame

Johnson takes blame for incident with Gordon: #48-Jimmie Johnson took the blame for making a mistake that ultimately led to teammate #24-Jeff Gordon's wreck at Talladega Superspeedway. Johnson said he was trying to slide in front of Gordon late in Sunday's race so the two Hendrick Motorsports drivers could draft together toward the front. But, he said Gordon was coming too fast. Johnson's move instead had the effect of a block, and Gordon was forced off the apron in a defensive move. His momentum gone, Gordon slide back in traffic and was caught moments later in a multi-car crash. "I misjudged the closing rate," Johnson said. "We all make mistakes, I am no different. Certainly, that was my fault. I made the mistake there." Gordon, who drove his damaged car to a 22nd-place finish, was furious with his teammate after the race. "The 48 is testing my patience, I can tell you that," Gordon said Sunday at Talladega Superspeedway. "It takes a lot to make me mad." Johnson was involved in his own accident later and finished 31st. Johnson had already left the track when Gordon, also a four-time series champion, talked of his frustration with his teammate. "I would have stuck around if I knew what was waiting for me," Johnson said. But Johnson again dismissed any notion of a rift with Gordon. The two tangled a week ago at Texas Motor Speedway, but downplayed any potential tensions. "There's no doubt after the fact that frustrations are high, the wreck just compounded it," Johnson said. "I think he was speaking out of frustration.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Harvick sponsor for Richmond

Different colors for Harvick at Richmond:
    Reese's, a sponsor of Richard Childress Racing #29 Chevy from its beginning, kicks into high gear this weekend in Richmond as Talladega winner, Kevin Harvick and the #29 team bring the bright orange Reese's racing machine to the track to launch the Reese's "Save $1.00" promotion.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I love Reese's to pieces

Attachment 23801

Page 32 of 1788 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 82 132 532 1032 ... LastLast

Thread Information