User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If there are only a few people on the site, I think there are some good deals to be had, no?

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Wow, it sounds like an interesting concept. But I'll pass on this website.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

I've seen this concept highlighted on the news recently.

Ultimately, the real winner is the company. And yes, it is like gambling.

I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole. If you must bid, it's better to do it on Ebay. At least bidding is free and the counter doesn't get re-set.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I still don't get it, even with all the calculations here, people are still getting things for far cheaper than the retail price. The kitchen aid valued at $299 went for $0.71, so even the site owner made only $53.25 (71*.75), and the guy that bid, I presume he's not dumb enough to outbid himself, so paid less than half of that.

Maybe the site is losing money since it's new?

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargainhunter2010 View Post
    I still don't get it, even with all the calculations here, people are still getting things for far cheaper than the retail price. The kitchen aid valued at $299 went for $0.71, so even the site owner made only $53.25 (71*.75), and the guy that bid, I presume he's not dumb enough to outbid himself, so paid less than half of that.

Maybe the site is losing money since it's new?
    Yes, 1 person got something at a steal, but a lot of others spent money and got nothing at all for it. It's gambling. I'm sure it would be fun for some people, but I don't like spending my money and getting nothing. For that I buy a Lotto 6/49 every couple of weeks or so. That's about my tolerance level.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Interesting war going on now for the netbook, now at $6.33

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

bargainhunter 2010, I notice you've only posted in this one thread. There's a big full forum out there. Full of all sorts of interesting things, fantastic promotions and great moneysaving/making opportunities, but you've spent two days just in this one little thread. It's almost like your sole purpose here is to promote this penny auction site.

I admit, it's very clever to post as a skeptic about the site to get people to check it out, that doesn't get you immediately identified as a spammer, but you've got to take your game up a notch. If you had posted in a couple of dozen other threads as well people would take you for a new member rather than just someone promoting a product. Just sayin.
    Last edited by DaveP; Sun, May 16th, 2010 at 10:16 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just had a question about how it worked, seemed like a new concept to me. Have the thread e-mailing me with replies.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

It isn't really a new concept; Swoopo is the one that originated this idea back in 2008.

I think the overall concept itself is brilliant for the website owner provided they get enough traffic. They can claim to sell a product for a mere fraction of the MSRP, while simultaneously making a huge profit if they get a large number of bids.

However, being a copy cat can be a difficult endeavor and there are more than a few sites who have tried a similar system and failed.

Also, I do find it a bit peculiar that this particular site has just opened, and we happen to have a new poster who has done nothing else but comment on it.

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

Wow! I wouldnt jump on this one at all. A $50 GC and payinng $32 s&h. You might as well go to the store and buy what you want. Sadly, people do sign up and bod this kind of stuff.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    Each time you bid it resets the counter, adding additional time to it. And if someone else bids after you, you've lost 75 cents. Sounds like a great way to waste money. I'd be better off with one of those slot machines.
    I do not gamble tyvm. I'd rather waste it on air or dog poop.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information