User Tag List

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Hi everyone: I was just wondering if anyone had ever been to a "Cookie Walk" at a Church Tea or any other organizational fund raising. The church I belong to is asking everyone to bake large batches of their favorite cookies for a "Cookie Walk". I guess what happens is that people who wish to purchase cookies can just "walk"along and choose the cookies they would like to buy. (I think). My problem is how does one package up the cookies they donate to the "Walk". I plan on making my favorite cookie "Coconut Crisps", but don't know how to present them. Any advice would be appreciated.
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I think you'd need to ask the organizers, because it depends upon how they are going to have it set up. Usually different varieties would be placed on trays/platters at the venue once you take them there - and so you could just have yours in a low box/container just for transport.
    Gosh, with the flu going around, hope they remember to supply disposable gloves for the people arranging, then for customers.
    Oh, I found one church's guidelines...
    http://www.oca.org/RHArticle.asp?SID=15&ArticleID=58

Now I really, really want cookies!!!
    Curious to know if you know how they are pricing them? Sometimes it's by the dozen, more often it's by the pound ($8 pound seems to be popular). One church lets you fill an ice-cream pail for $20!
    YUMMERS!

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

oh my i was craving cookies this morning! and now with the pics i really want to bake a fresh batch of cookies but the thing is i dont know how i have tried a few times but the outcome was always from the oven to a tester then the garbage does anybody know any good peanut butter cookies or chocolate chip cookis recipe or any other really good cookies i can make tonight?

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    I think you'd need to ask the organizers, because it depends upon how they are going to have it set up. Usually different varieties would be placed on trays/platters at the venue once you take them there - and so you could just have yours in a low box/container just for transport.
    Gosh, with the flu going around, hope they remember to supply disposable gloves for the people arranging, then for customers.
    Oh, I found one church's guidelines...
    http://www.oca.org/RHArticle.asp?SID=15&ArticleID=58

Now I really, really want cookies!!!
    Curious to know if you know how they are pricing them? Sometimes it's by the dozen, more often it's by the pound ($8 pound seems to be popular). One church lets you fill an ice-cream pail for $20!
    YUMMERS!

Gosh I don't know how they will charge for them. This is the first time our church has done this and I am not involved with the Ladies
    Aide Group. Will be interesting to see how it turns out. You are right too about the Flu scare that is going around. I imagine they will use the rubber gloves to handle the food. Thank you for the pictures I really, really want to get baking now.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish_DeLight View Post
    oh my i was craving cookies this morning! and now with the pics i really want to bake a fresh batch of cookies but the thing is i dont know how i have tried a few times but the outcome was always from the oven to a tester then the garbage does anybody know any good peanut butter cookies or chocolate chip cookis recipe or any other really good cookies i can make tonight?
    I am going to make Coconut Crisps tonight for starters. Easy and really yummy when done. After that I don't know for sure.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I've never done a cookie walk, my school used to do cake walks for the fun fair. For that people donated cakes and they were set on tables and then there was a circle with numbers on the floor and you paid and stood on a number and they played music and everyone walked around the cirlce onto a new number and when the music stopped someone would pull a number and whoever was standing on that number got to pick the cake that they wanted. The cakes weren't packaged in any special way. Though I would suggest if you have any sticky lables to use that so people know what kind of cookie (especially for people with coconut allergies). I've been to bake sales where people didn't have labels or they got lost and people had no idea what the item was.
    One by one, the penguins slowly steal my sanity

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pac182 View Post
    I've never done a cookie walk, my school used to do cake walks for the fun fair. For that people donated cakes and they were set on tables and then there was a circle with numbers on the floor and you paid and stood on a number and they played music and everyone walked around the cirlce onto a new number and when the music stopped someone would pull a number and whoever was standing on that number got to pick the cake that they wanted. The cakes weren't packaged in any special way. Though I would suggest if you have any sticky lables to use that so people know what kind of cookie (especially for people with coconut allergies). I've been to bake sales where people didn't have labels or they got lost and people had no idea what the item was.
    Thanks that is a good idea. The labels I mean. I never even thought about the ' Nut' alergy thing so I will be sure to label mine.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

This is such a great way to bring home a nice variety of cookies
    Join Swagbucks for free GCs & prizes, just by searching: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Chicka
    PM me for a Lockerz.com invite.

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

This is a cool idea that I have never heard of before. I like the cake walk as well. I might use that idea. Thanks

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

I've never heard of this before, sounds cool and looks so yummy! I would be nervous though, because I have a peanut allergy and those cookies in the pics don't look like they have any nut warning labels beside them.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

my ladies club " cercle des fermieres" is organizing a pastry and craft selling every year for funraising for OLO
    and all pastries and goodies are packed....
    what i do usually is to go to the pastry section of the grocery in the mall where the selling is done and ask them for things...like bags for bread...etc...and it depends on the person who is there....i either get it free or at a very cheap price
    and last year i made the packaging with chocolate fudge, sucre a la creme and skor sqares....one year it was all cookies, another year was breads
    and i never put nuts in my things......because i know people are allergics and i make a little "no nuts" note to put in front of them
    this year, i really don't know....i'm soooooo tired
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I would love to see pictures of your finished cookies :D

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Never heard of it til now but it sounds really cool and looks so very tasty

“For one bad night there are a thousand amazing nights” - Gavin DeGraw

Thread Information