User Tag List

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Has anyone have difficulty using coupons on clearance items?

I have a hard time using coupons on already clearanced items at Zellers. And the few times I tried using coupons at Superstore for items that are already "pink-stickered", I am refused...
    This thread is currently associated with: Real Canadian Superstore RCSS, Zellers

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

oh, I have never had a problem with either....maybe try another store? Like another RCSS

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

I don't recall having a problem... but I can see why it could be one, lol. Just say, confidently, "Sure I can use a coupon! You get every cent back from the manufacturer." Or something like that. *shrugs*

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks for your reply. Maybe I'll try to be more affirmative on that, lol. I hope I can find some sale items to then use the coupons on now, haha.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SmackUTwice View Post
    I don't recall having a problem... but I can see why it could be one, lol. Just say, confidently, "Sure I can use a coupon! You get every cent back from the manufacturer." Or something like that. *shrugs*
    AND, the manufacturer PAYS THEM to take the coupons...that's the "handling fee", usually about $0.08/coupon.

By law, you should have no difficulty using the coupon, unless they have some kind of sign up indicating that they won't accept them...which would be unusual.

A coupon is a form of payment, and their posted price, whatever the discount may be, is considered their side of the "offer to treat" in contract law.

It drives me crazy when I hear about stores doing this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Yeah, I am always so worried about some cashiers not accepting coupons either, especially for the recent coupons provided by Save for the free items. The coupon is a "print-out" from save.ca, but some cashiers are so.. well, harsh. Even at Shoppers when I had the "Buy 2 Ruffles/Sunchips get a free dip", the cashier stood there for a few minutes reading the coupon, looking at the chips, re-reading the coupon, looking at everything etc. I could tell she didn't want to give it to me for some reason...

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

never had a problem with using coupons on clearance items.. in fact did it today.. at Zellers.

Trading Score
    23 (96%)

I haven't had an issue either. That is the whole reason I love coupies so much with a sale u get it for cheap cheap cheap. I do the self check outs most of the time too maybe it makes it easier to just use all your coupons without question?? It makes it easier to keep track of all the prices too cause if it rings up for a different price it's free!! I have lucked out a few times lol You have to call them out on it though they won't just give it to you unless asked. Good luck though hope you don't have anymore issues it's kinda silly.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Stella78 View Post
    I haven't had an issue either. That is the whole reason I love coupies so much with a sale u get it for cheap cheap cheap. I do the self check outs most of the time too maybe it makes it easier to just use all your coupons without question?? It makes it easier to keep track of all the prices too cause if it rings up for a different price it's free!! I have lucked out a few times lol You have to call them out on it though they won't just give it to you unless asked. Good luck though hope you don't have anymore issues it's kinda silly.
    I never thought about that for self-check out....
    I think I may even try self-check out next time, but how do coupons work? Do you have to ask someone to accept/override the coupon deductions?

Trading Score
    23 (96%)

Ya just ring all your things through and at the end tell the clerk you have coupies if you try to scan it yourself it will notify her on her computer and she inputs them all for you. I like self check out better anyways. I use reusable bags but they never seem to fill them all the way or put bread with cans lol

Quote Originally Posted by ah2k View Post
    I never thought about that for self-check out....
    I think I may even try self-check out next time, but how do coupons work? Do you have to ask someone to accept/override the coupon deductions?

Thread Information