User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Can someone advise what is the wait list for?...Is it day care, like a certain or good ones...

The more I read about daycare, my head is spinning with all the info....I am in situation right now...You see I went back to work while my mother-in-law babysit for me...Well it was temporary work...Now I am home for now...I hope to find work soon...I am not 100% sure if I will get my mother-in-law to babysit again...So I want to have other options open...So I was thinking about daycare etc...I was thinking about daycare also because my daughter does not have kids to interact with and she is sort of withdrawn, when we go out she clings to me and plus I heard day care can help with their talking etc...

I might consider just part time day care...Do they charge differently or less for that?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by aeroplane View Post
    Can someone advise what is the wait list for?...Is it day care, like a certain or good ones...

The more I read about daycare, my head is spinning with all the info....I am in situation right now...You see I went back to work while my mother-in-law babysit for me...Well it was temporary work...Now I am home for now...I hope to find work soon...I am not 100% sure if I will get my mother-in-law to babysit again...So I want to have other options open...So I was thinking about daycare etc...I was thinking about daycare also because my daughter does not have kids to interact with and she is sort of withdrawn, when we go out she clings to me and plus I heard day care can help with their talking etc...

I might consider just part time day care...Do they charge differently or less for that?
    The waiting list, at least here, is on pretty much all daycares. It's just that they're full to capacity, there's not enough daycares out there to accommodate everyone. So you're waiting for someone to move on (to school, to another town, etc.) and vacate a space.

I don't have any experience on part time care, so can't really answer that one!

I think that daycare is a great thing for kids. It teaches them social skills, how to share, etc., and ours is a preschool too, so they're learning letters, numbers, colours, etc. I remember being shocked one day when I had given my DS coins to put into his piggy bank. He counted them as he put them in, past ten. DH and I were just sitting there starting at him, shocked. We had no idea he could count!

Z

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Where I am located there is an abundant amount of daycares so a lot of them do not have waitlists, only the really good ones do.

I have DD on a waitlist for part time and it is the same price per day as full-time.

Our DD is certainly not shy at all, she loves people but she also doesn't say a whole lot (she babbles and uses gestures, and some words). We decided to enroll her part-time in daycare so that she will be more encouraged to talk if the other kids around her are. Also, it's a good idea to get her used to be around other kids and away from me for a little bit of time in the day.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information