User Tag List

Trading Score
    239 (100%)

We are going on a day trip on Monday July 12th, and are in need of a pet sitter to let our dog out 3 times. We have called and emailed some people, and either their costs are ridiculous (one guy quoted me 19$ per visit ), or they just don't seem willing to travel to Shearwater (I can tell by the numerous "ummmmm's" when I talk on the phone with them).

If anybody has any suggestions, please let me know. We are running out of time and don't want to forego our trip, and can't take her with us because she's too old.

Thanks guys!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Are there any kennels or a vet nearby who can put her up for the day? One paid day is not so bad versus dealing with someone who may forget about her or only do it for money. Think of it as a little vacation for her too. My girl is old as well, and I've had to do that. Wished I lived closer to help you out.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

we take our dog to the kennel too if we have to go out overnight...for 22$, they feed her, walk her and let her out, and she spends the night and we can get her in the am...
    Can you ask a neighbor? I am sure they'd do it for free maybe?

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

When I was about 8 yrs old, I did that for the neighbors twice a day. Charged 5 bucks a visit, quick play out the back, a pee and a poo. If I had a problem, my parents were right across the street and Im sure they watched that I locked up properly. Have you asked any neighbors with responsible kids?

Trading Score
    239 (100%)

Our trip has come and gone now, and our babysitter actually stopped by our house to put our old girl out.

We're actually pretty new here, so we don't know our neighbours as of yet, and as for kennels, I"m a little apprehensive on those, especially that it was just a day trip and didn't want to leave her anywhere overnight when not needed. I used to own my pet sitting in BC before having DS (and then moved to Ontario), so I'm very picky when it comes to who will be taking care of my dog. I would rather have somebody who knows what they're doing (and how they do it), considering she has a few behavorial problems that can sometimes scare potential sitters, mainly doesn't get along well with other dogs, some leash pulling, the usual stuff. Some sitters also don't like the fact that we don't want them taking her for a walk, but she has really bad arthritis and can't go farther than the park down the hill and back, otherwise she'll start to limp.

I guess it's going to be a nice long summer of us staying around the HRM, which is fine with me because it's easy on the wallet!

Thread Information