User Tag List

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    181 (100%)

After 3 girls, now I have a baby boy.

No idea how to decorate his room. I would love any advise, would love love to see photos if you would like to share, and how to do so on a budget.

I thought this would be a great thread to start as there are alot of mommas on this site.

I love the themes: green/brown or blue/brown.

Please post pictures, would love to see them.

Thanking you all in advance.

I am not even looking for just a baby boy theme - one that will last for many years.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

My son who is 8 has green/black/brown camo bedding and we are doing his whole room in camo just been looking for the curtians and stuff

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

For our son we went with bold colours - colours kind of similar to these.
    We didn't want to use licensed character stuff.
    Window blind was dark green, valance was bold wide vertical stripes in red, yellow, green, blue.

Hm, wish I had had this actual fabric!!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    181 (100%)

Love the above two ideas!!!!

I noticed there are alot of sellers on eBay that sell fabric, if I could just pick one. I will keep checking this thread for the next month.

I would love to see pictures......I find it very helpful with photos because two eyes are always better then one. Once I see some photos sometimes it gets my brain going!!!!

It took me awhile after my daughter decided purple was not cool anymore and is into this Zebra design.

That's ladies for taking the time to share. I never even thought of a cameo theme. You could find cameo shirts on sale and make pillows etc (or I should say I could get my momma to.)lol even some dog tags to use to pull back curtins........

and with the fabric Natalka has shown, I could really save money by taking my daughters zebra bedding etc when she gets bored lol

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

this is one of my favorites:

http://www.roomzaar.com/rate-my-spac...si?oid=6822286

Also, you can go to HGTV's website and go to the "Rate My Room" and get ideas, you can look them up by bedroom, livingroom, etc...that's where I found the above.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

I picked up those Wallie things from the paint store. They are wall paper cut outs that you get wet and stick on the wall. We picked up turtles and frogs and did his room like that. I picked up dragon flies and butterflies for the girls. They were inexpensive and cute.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    101 (100%)

I just watched an episode of Sarah Richardson's "Sarah's House" where she did two kids' bedrooms, one of which was for a boy. It is blue and green and not age specific. I included the link and if you click on "Kids Bedrooms" and then when it's loaded scroll through the pictures to the ones of the boys room. I'm using that colour scheme for my two boys next year when they get their own rooms. I think it's awesome!

http://www.hgtv.ca/sarahshouse/thesh...&postid=129002

Trading Score
    445 (99%)

We did our sons room in a medium beige with jungle theme. But it wasnt a bright & colourful room really. The fabric I choose for curtain/sheets was almost tone on tone - beige/cream/dark yellow/brown....

Then we used some larger printed out pictures in frames with creme mattes & brown frames to add some fun (giraffe/lion/zebra/elephant/monkey)

Hes almost 2 now - and we are in the process of adding some Handy Manny stuff & taking out the jungle animals - easy switch though - print out some new photos to replace the animals - change the bedding- nothing major!
    Last edited by cmoody8107; Mon, Jul 5th, 2010 at 11:28 AM.
    SWAGBUCKS!!! Earn gift cards for searching & doing surveys!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cmoody8107

Check out my Wishlist!
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/239234-cmoodys-wishlist-canada/

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Personally, I LOVE the nautical look for little boys ...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My DIL just did my 7yr old grandsons in a GI Joe theme. Camo sheets ,comforter and curtains with olive green walls and a matching throw rug. He loves it and can't wait to show company his "army" room. It does look pretty cool!

claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)

i thought that if i ever had a boy i'd do a 'down on the farm' theme. altho my daughters room is pretty cute, we did 'guess how much i love you' theme. before i found out it was a girl we painted the top half a pale yelow and the bottom half (chair rail and bead board) a soft green. my benjamin moore store had a walpaper book we could order borders and wall stickies from. when we found out it was a girl we just added 'pink' touches. but could be done for a little boy with blue touches congrats on the boy

Trading Score
    112 (100%)

I did a jungle themed room for my son. For cheap pictures I just bought a national geographic calendar of animals and cut out the pictures and hung them up
    Win daily prizes worth $150 to $10000 sign up here!! I've won 3x $150 GCs since Jan.2012
    http://www.todaysdraw.com/?invite=5780

Trading Score
    57 (100%)

What we did for our son - painted three walls a neutralish but masculine-enough colour. Painted the third wall a grayish blue. Then, go to Walmart, Canadian Tire, or any decorating store and purchase packages of removable wall art. There are LOTS to pick from. We chose a Thomas the Tank Engine border and a whole bunch of cutouts. The best part is, when he outgrows it, you can peel them all off with no wall damage and replace them with whatever other ones he wants later!

Thread Information