User Tag List

Newb
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi everyone,

Just a heads-up to anyone shopping on TigerDirect.ca.

As most of you may know, the Disposal Surcharge, (Ontario Electronic Stewardship) that is now affecting most electronics bought in Ontario, is being tacked on to items bought through Tiger Direct (and many other electronic retailers). This surcharge isn't the issue (though it's still a sore spot). The issue is the EXTRA SHIPPING the surcharge is causing.

I ordered an item worth $24.97 - shipping before the surcharge (which is added during checkout) was only $8.17, which increased to $9.08 after the surcharge was added. And the surcharge also increased my tax from $4.33 to $4.50. This surcharge cannot be taxed!!!

Anyways, I contacted customer service (not very helpful!) and told them about the issue, which they hadn't seen before, but being from the U.S. I wouldn't expect anyone outside Ontario to know about it.

The rep refunded the amount I requested, so if you notice a discrepancy make sure you let them know. I know it's not a lot of money, but a little bit here and there from A LOT of people adds up in the long-run!

Be careful when buying items from retailers online!

Happy Shopping!

Adam ^_^
    This thread is currently associated with: 123inkcartridges.ca, Tiger Direct

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I would contact your MPP (probably Kevin Flynn since you are Oakville but you can look it up by postal code) and let them know, they are revising the bill so may want to check into it to see where the problem lies with extra tax and shipping, send a copy to the Minister of Finance and the Minister of Consumer Affairs
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Thread Information