User Tag List

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

After deleting my temp. internet files, I lost everything. Nothing would work on my pc. I ran the restore cd that came with my pc & reinstalled windows, so I have internet.

I'm posting this from my newer pc, since I cannot post in any thread with my older one. It says that my message is too short?

Anyhoo, my drop down menus are not working either. So, if I want to consult my notifications, I have to go through my user cp, which I thought took 15 mins, but really take 18, very very long 18 mins.

I have windows 98 2nd edition, explorer 5.5 & I have installed java. The menus are still not working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    This thread is currently associated with: Canada Post, Microsoft
    My Queen passed out from pure bliss thanks to her secret Santa. Bless you kind angel

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

Did you try a System Restore? It restores everything to when the computer had everything working

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

Thanks pooh, I did. I'm back to the version I had 10 yrs ago. I'm thinking that it might be flash? I tried to install it this morning, but wont work. I know nothing about pc's zip zero nada, is astonishing that I got it back up again, I'm very proud of that

I use the oldy pc to get on sc in the daytime, since its closer to baby's main play area. I was so freaked out when I booted it yesterday and it just wanted to shut down. Major bummer!!!! I was going through sc withdrawal.

I can still surf on it, its just no posting or checking pm's unless I want to break out the nerve pills.

Thanks for your help!
    My Queen passed out from pure bliss thanks to her secret Santa. Bless you kind angel

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

I also wanted to add that I tried updating my explorer, but I can't seem to find any updates for it. It keeps sending me to explorer 6 or 7, which is not supported by win 98. Hoping I wont have to buy another window version....it might not be supported by my 10yr old compaq

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    59 (100%)

If you cannot find an earlier version of windows explorer why don't you try mozilla firefox, I use that all the time, it has less problems than ie. I am a Mac and I am a pc...is just like that

Thread Information