User Tag List

Vacation over too soon! winkerstones's Avatar
    Trading Score
    283 (100%)

Last week I was in Shoppers Drug Mart and spotted a Raid product I've been looking for on sale. Sale price showed $3.99 and regular $7.99. It rang through at $9.99 so I mentioned to the cashier it showed on sale on the shelf.

After he checked it out, he changed the total to $3.99. I asked if it shouldn't be free now (scop) and he replied with a grin "oh yeah. Sorry". I got it for free.

I almost didn't ask because there were a few people in the lineup. Glad I did!

Thanks to all my SC's for making me aware of Scop.
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

ALWAYS good to ask!

I was at a community BBQ on the weekend, and the local radio station's 'Summer Cruiser' was there. They generally announce on the radio where they are, have ballots to fill out for a prize, and if you're one of the first five people there they give you a $5 Subway gift card.

So I went over, filled in a ballot, and casually commented that they must not be doing the gift card thing this time. One of the women working with the station said, "Come with me!" and fished in the glove box and gave me one!

Z

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by winkerstones View Post
    Last week I was in Shoppers Drug Mart and spotted a Raid product I've been looking for on sale. Sale price showed $3.99 and regular $7.99. It rang through at $9.99 so I mentioned to the cashier it showed on sale on the shelf.

After he checked it out, he changed the total to $3.99. I asked if it shouldn't be free now (scop) and he replied with a grin "oh yeah. Sorry". I got it for free.

I almost didn't ask because there were a few people in the lineup. Glad I did!

Thanks to all my SC's for making me aware of Scop.
    Most stores deliberately give people the sale price if you notice a price error unless you say SCOP.Happened to me recently got a dish soap cash register charged regular price, the old sale price was on the shelf,then cashier charged me sale price then I said scanning error and 1 cent.Then the cashier then did SCOP wrong and charged me GST instead of 1 cent.I just let it go and paid the 10 cents.Stores really really don't want to give away stuff for free or take $10 off.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

nice scop
    April savings: $74.00
    March savings: $55.84
    Feb savings: $38.77
    Total for 2010: $168.61

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I SCOPed a bottle of water today at Sobeys.Didn't have to mention SCOP.The cashier told me it's free after I mentioned I was charged too much.
    Last edited by Poirot; Mon, Aug 9th, 2010 at 10:09 PM.

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

SCOPed at Save On... M&M Malteasers. had to 'fight' for it... LOVE how it all turned out, tho. Whew. My nerves were going as if I was about to have my first kiss, hahahaha!!

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Wow, so easy! I did my first SCOP today and it was anything but easy. lol. Not sure if I'll do it again, it was kind of a nightmare. lol

Vacation over too soon! winkerstones's Avatar
    Trading Score
    283 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    Wow, so easy! I did my first SCOP today and it was anything but easy. lol. Not sure if I'll do it again, it was kind of a nightmare. lol
    Sorry it wasn't easy. You just never know. Seems to depend so much on the cashier and their attitude of the day.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I got another SCOP soy milk at Sobeys no problem getting it for free.

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    No, no, no... that is NOT the attitude to have. I say that with love and a smile on my face!! My first SCOP (or near the beginning) was harsh too.. it is scary... but we must persevere, lol! It becomes easier... and the way I look at it.. you can teach A LOT of people and help out other customers so they don't get overcharged for something. IF they change the price, that is, lol!

Thread Information