User Tag List

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I had a $3 coupon for Tylenol Rapid Release to use for my shopping for the Refer a Friend event. So I gave the cashier the coupon, she spent a bit of time scrutinizing it and said they have to do a lot of checking on these now to ensure that they are real. She said that they've gotten burned very badly recently, and that it was only a matter of time before they no longer accept any printables.

I've never had any problems using printables anywhere around here (I don't use them very often). But looks like they may be on the way out.

Z
    This thread is currently associated with: Shoppers Drug Mart, Pharmaprix

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

several SDM's in my area do not accept printables. Sometimes I even had trouble submitting their own printable coupons...like the ones plus members get. I can understand re other printables but their own? sheesh!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Ours is still fine with printables.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I won't use printables anymoe. too many people trying to scam the stores with them.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

The SDM I went to last night said they don't take the pre paid MC's, Visa's, etc even though I said "you sell them". She said "yes, but we had bad problems with it before".That is most likely due to cashiers not entering it correctly!

I would not even dare try a printable at that location after that.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    The SDM I went to last night said they don't take the pre paid MC's, Visa's, etc even though I said "you sell them". She said "yes, but we had bad problems with it before".That is most likely due to cashiers not entering it correctly!

I would not even dare try a printable at that location after that.
    No its got nothing to do with cashiers entering it correctly. It has everything to do with people stealing Visa and Mastercard's and somehow transferring the information to a pre-paid card and using the "pre-paid" card which is actually the stolen card in disguise. There is no ID on the cards so there is no way to verify who's card it really is.

Sad that people think it's always the cashiers fault.

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

I'm very thankful that mine takes them without any problems. Sorry yours wont
    My Queen passed out from pure bliss thanks to her secret Santa. Bless you kind angel

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyQT View Post
    No its got nothing to do with cashiers entering it correctly. It has everything to do with people stealing Visa and Mastercard's and somehow transferring the information to a pre-paid card and using the "pre-paid" card which is actually the stolen card in disguise. There is no ID on the cards so there is no way to verify who's card it really is.

Sad that people think it's always the cashiers fault.
    I'm not saying ALL cashiers enter in incorrectly. I am sure there is ALOT of fraud when it comes to things like this but I have also been at another retailer where the cashier entered it as a GC and it was supposed to be entered as a Visa or MC. So that is cashier error.

All I was saying is that it is crazy to sell the cards but then refuse to accept them. Are they going to start refusing SDM GC's cause some criminal minds can do the same thing to those cards?

After I went to another cashier in the same store after I made my purchase using another form of payment I was told that they do indeed accept them. This was also confirmed by another store too.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

but I have also been at another retailer where the cashier entered it as a GC and it was supposed to be entered as a Visa or MC. So that is cashier error.

Must not have been SDM. There is only one button and it's labeled Credit Card. There is no other button to choose from when paying by GC or Visa/MC.

Either way, you have the crooks to thank for a lot of changes regarding what is accepted for currency and what is not.
    Last edited by CrazyQT; Wed, Aug 11th, 2010 at 07:07 PM.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyQT View Post
    Must not have been SDM. There is only one button and it's labeled Credit Card. There is no other button to choose from when paying by GC or Visa/MC.

Either way, you have the crooks to thank for a lot of changes regarding what is accepted for currency and what is not.

No it was not an SDM. That's why I said :

I have also been at another retailer where the cashier entered it as a GC and it was supposed to be entered as a Visa or MC. So that is cashier error.
    I certainly hope they(insert any retailer you wish) don't stop accepting cash since many crooks make fraudulant $ too.

Thread Information