User Tag List

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

A rescue really needs some help in the way of new foster homes in the GTA so they can save more cats and kittens from a local high kill shelter

If you have a spare bedroom you don't mind having a cat use, let me know and I will get you a foster application
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

I would love to, but I can't...

Her Majesty would rip the newbie to shreds, and I don't have enough room to keep them in different, walled-off spaces.

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

If I had my own place I would, but right now I'm living with my bf's fam and it's already overflowing with ppl and pets.

Couponing Princess!
    Trading Score
    284 (100%)

I'm allergic... pretty bad actually, to the point where breathing can be an issue.
    Add me on twitter and I'll add you back! Just mention you are from SC!

@hoppmichelle

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

I don't live in your area but I have fostered a few animals in the past, including cats/kittens/and even a flying squirrel....the problem with me is, I fall in love and get attached, and end up adopting them, so after kitten #4, I am not allowed anymore, lol...
    One day I am going to own a little farm and that way I can foster more little ones

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Great for anyone who can do it.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Litesandsirens911 View Post
    I don't live in your area but I have fostered a few animals in the past, including cats/kittens/and even a flying squirrel....the problem with me is, I fall in love and get attached, and end up adopting them, so after kitten #4, I am not allowed anymore, lol...
    One day I am going to own a little farm and that way I can foster more little ones
    I would LOVE to do that!!

I wanted to volunteer at the Humane Society years ago, but my then BF said, "You know you're going to smuggle them out and you'll wind up with like 400 cats...".

He was right. So I just gave them money instead.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

great post! DH would love to foster kitties but I'm so allergic i would have to move out..hmmm he just may be ok with that sometimes

I volunteer with a dog rescue and there seems to be a never ending list of dogs that need help too.

Hope you get lots of help.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

A special one who needs a home, at this point they are just looking for a foster home, this boy hasn't been well living in a high kill shelter, but he has been there a while so he must be a real sweety
    "Chunk" needs help. I wrote about Chunk when he first arrived at the shelter back in December 2009.

Since December 2009, he's been living at the shelter as the "shelter cat". We always thought he was happy. It wasn't exactly a "real home", but it was the best that could be expected for a 35 lb. cat that was abandoned at the shelter.

It's certainly better than being dead.

Since then, Chunk is down to a svelt 28 pounds!

I received a Facebook message from a staff member yesterday that Chunk had been sick. The City spent $500.00 on x-rays, bloodwork, etc., but found nothing. In the usual City lack-of- commitment-to-the-animals-mode-of-operation, they determined that they've spent enough on Chunk and wanted to kill him. So the staff member brought Chunk home for a few days to assess him.

Chunk is doing much better in a home environment. He's getting stronger, but needs a place where he can call home - even if it's a foster home. Chunk is only 3-4 years old AND declawed.

Surely there's somebody out there that can give Chunk a home and love him? I've spent so much time with big hunk o' love and he's my favourite boy!
    When he arrived

and more recently

The rescue will pay for all his healthcare while you foster him, they are looking for someone anywhere in the GTA as he will need follow up vet appointments. They do have people who can drive him. But he needs a foster home (very) soon

He gets along 'ok' with other animals, he wont be their friend but doesn't go into attack mode either

If you can help, let me know and I will put you in touch with the rescue
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

I do not live inthe gta, or would in a heartbeat.

Thread Information