User Tag List

Julie Andrews
    Do you sign into messenger programs in 'appear offline' mode?
    Do you have (m)any contacts blocked?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

bcteagirl
    I rarely do the appear offline thing, but I confess I used to do that a lot.

Only one person blocked, a friend of my ex. that I never really knew anyway.

Prue
    Sometimes use the offline thing but not often. I don't think I have anyone blocked

Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Well, I usually am set at away,,, but on an off day that I feel a bit anti-social,, I confess I do the offline thing. As far as blocking I did block some-one who said he randomly selected my name from some-ones e-mail just blocked him and that was that.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

When it's on I'm always set to away. I've rarely had it opened the last week.
    I have not blocked anyone.

Being Polite Is Very Easy WandaJean's Avatar
    Trading Score
    31 (97%)

I am "offline" when I am looking for freebies or contests to post..once I find something I log in...btw just posted a good contest
    (hope it's not a repost..heck I'd be embarressed)
    Thank You SC'rs for all the contests/samples/freebies, etc. that you post.
    Join Swagbucks today! Get those freebies!!!http://www.swagbucks.com/<WBR>refer/WandaJean $725.00 aprx of freebies From Amazon...I love Free

Julie Andrews
    I notice that I sign in as offline at first and then if there's someone I want to speak to I sign in normally.

I have lots of people blocked... but I blocked and deleted them. It generally tends to be people that I never really speak to anyway. I just want to keep my contacts to under 100 and that's why I delete them.

remarker
    I don't have many people I speak to on messenger so I just log in.

I don't have anyone blocked but my daughter blocked her father.
    She didn't delete him because then he'd get a message about it she said.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i'm always set to offline! unless i feel like talking to someone who is on which is rare.

Busy Bee
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

No I never have so far.

Be a little kinder than necessary,remember everyone is fighting their own battles.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Sorry, you all are the only ones I like to talk to online. I guess my answer is no to showing up "secretly". I don't do it on here either. Am I normal?
    All my friends think I'm a weirdo because I don't belong to any messengers! It's pretty bad when my 12 year old niece thinks I odd because she can't "messenger" me. Ahh I must be getting old! I don't feel so though!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Coolmama View Post
    Sorry, you all are the only ones I like to talk to online. I guess my answer is no to showing up "secretly". I don't do it on here either. Am I normal?
    All my friends think I'm a weirdo because I don't belong to any messengers! It's pretty bad when my 12 year old niece thinks I odd because she can't "messenger" me. Ahh I must be getting old! I don't feel so though!

Julie Andrews
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolmama View Post
    I wish I could call my friends... but we've all ended up in different countries. I remember before messenger got popular there was one year I made calls (from Jamaica) to Japan, Barbados, Trinidad, the USA & Canada. You can just imagine what those bills looked like.

I just think of messenger as kind of like a telephone... you can do a voice chat if you want, and sometimes you can send and receive webcam feed. It makes me feel a little closer to the friends and family I'm far away from. Only problem with messenger for me is having multiple conversations... I just can't keep track. That's why I 'lay in wait' in appear offline until I'm ready to speak with someone.

If you don't need messenger- good for you!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

yes i do the offline thing alot! it's just that when i haf my computer on it's usually because i'm doing my hmwk and so i dont' want ppl to msg me.

Lurking SCer
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I always sign in as 'offline' because my status is set that way and I cant figure out how to turn it off. Sometimes I get really depressed because I think no one's talking to me but actually I'm not online.
    Uhmm I don't think I have anyone bloacked, it's more like they block me first because I'm so annoying.

Thread Information