2. crazymomof4
    3. darlene grigg
    4. Mrs.Sunshine
    5. KimKrabbendam

mailing out tomorrow

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

hope you dont mind a question. its my first train.. you posted a list on your OP.. do we add to the envie from your list what we have.. how do we know what to take out.. i dont want to take out a coupon that someone else has put in for you from your list..lol .. did that make sense..

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    hope you dont mind a question. its my first train.. you posted a list on your OP.. do we add to the envie from your list what we have.. how do we know what to take out.. i dont want to take out a coupon that someone else has put in for you from your list..lol .. did that make sense..
    I think the OP's wish list coupons ( 2 wish list cpns + 1 postage stamp ) go in a separate envelope inside the big envelope which she mails out ... I guess that's how it works . I believe that's the boarding pass , so you don't pick up her cpns by accident .

I guess the rest of the cpns you replace/take them them one for one for other riders . Not sure what the other riders want or don't want ..maybe they have a wishlist too , which you can try to fulfill to the best of your ability depending on what coupies you have .

There is a thread which explains how the train works . Will post the link in my next post

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

what is a coupon train ?

Quote Originally Posted by couponkristin View Post
    when you see coupons in stores or get them in the mail (or wherever), they're not always ones you'd use. If you have a baby, pampers wipes coupons are probably like gold to you. I have no baby and i'd typically walk right past a pampers coupon if i ever saw one in stores.

With coupon train participation, you take every coupon you find. You keep what you can use and then send the others in the envelop to the next person on the train. If i'm the person before you on the train (still assuming you have a baby), you're thrilled to get so many pampers coupons. When you take out $10 in coupons, you put in $10+ in your coupons, send it to the next person on the list and they then take out coupons you thought were useless but they needed.

In the title of a train it will say 'looking for riders' or something like that if it hasn't already left the station. A train takes 6-10 people, they are all written on a list and then the list is mailed with the coupons in an envelope. Once the list is made the train is closed.

Does that make sense?

In order to get on most trains, you need a trade rating. Unfortunately, we've had more than a couple new members sign up, join trains and then keep the entire train when it arrives an vanish off sc. The trade rating is a symbol for trust. The best way to get a trade rating before you get them on trains is to trade for coupons. On the left hand tool bar there is a link called 'coupon list'. There is also a sub forum of coupons called 'canadian coupons trading and discussion'. The coupon list will take you to long lists of regular coupons people have up for trade (50cents off bounce, 75cents off bread, etc.). The trading and discussion forum has more "high value coupons" such as $10 off olay or free lacoupe shampoo.

Either way, it's very difficult for a new person to have enough good coupons posted on their coupon list that they can make a successful coupon-for-coupon trade. It is likely that you'll need to trade sdm(shoppers drug mart) optimum points, stamps, gift cards (ex. $5 to tim hortons) or canadian tire money. It may sound a little backwards to pay for stamps or gift cards and trade them for coupons but you do make your money back. There are a lot of people (myself included) that will trade you an (mystery) envelope of $100 in coupons for $5-$10 in stamps or gcs. Even if you only use 25% of the coupons you've still made your money back 5x.

Once you've made a few trades and become more chatty on the message boards you'll be welcome on almost any train. You check the forum daily for a new train taking riders and ask if you can join. Usually, they ask you to private message them a request and your address, along with posting in the thread where they state that they are taking riders. Some trains have unique requirements (conductors only, must contribute at least one fpc, western providences only, etc.). Make sure you can meet all requirements before asking to join.

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

thanks. im sure once its my turn i'll understand better. as this is my first train. im a little excited. just trying to build up my coupons and my trading #.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lshortt View Post
    sorry full up will keep you in mind for next train
    Could I be kept in mind for next train too?!! Please!
    If you ever get the choice, I hope you dance

Trading Score
    293 (100%)

Me as well - Please

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Train has left Deech 99 and on the way to crazymomof4

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

any news yet.. just slow delivery?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Looks like it is coming from New Brunswick to Burlington, then to Kitchener for me.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

crazymomof4 has the train and will mail out by monday most likely

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

glad to hear its chuggling along.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    -3 (0%)

hi everyone!! Its a neat train :D Out 13.25 in: 25... ish (i stopped counting after that lol!) Sending to next rider tomorrow (should be out on tuesday morning :D)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Can't wait, looking forward to it!!

Odinrox
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Can I board the next one???
    Last edited by odin; Mon, Oct 11th, 2010 at 09:51 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information