User Tag List

Page 666 of 2536 FirstFirst ... 166 566 616 656 664 665 666 667 668 676 716 766 1166 1666 ... LastLast
Results 9,976 to 9,990 of 38027
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well, I just caught up reading the thread, and my head is spinning! So many new words! Thanks for posting those!

No, I have never lost anything in a storm (except electricity! lol). We aren't having any affects from the hurricane except for gas prices. As Jettred posted, gas is going up rapidly here. Many stations are out of gas, too. It seems like the oil companies are looking for any excuse they can find to justify raising the prices. This mess today is because the hurricane MIGHT damage some of the refineries. What a crock!

I hope those of you, and your families, who are in the storm's path will make it through safely.

NS, give Ryan a big hug from me. I hope that this incident won't cause him to have a set-back.

As far as the contest is concerned, the mystery downvoter is proving what I have always heard is true: there are more horses asses than there are horses!

It is WAY past my bedtime, and I am very sleep deprived besides. I'm going to head to bed. Take care, all, and have a good night!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by NSangel View Post
    and i gave them solid reasons why. i call it circumferencial/circumsizeable..what's that word?? circumsisional..

circumstantial evidence

I'm sure the mother with the entry in question won't mind. she has nothing to hide right?

PS: wats wrong with twisted?
    You call it what LMAO>>> I can't type. More so LOL than ususall.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am here but apparently noone on my messenger. Canjens phone is already out of order. She is bummed with no internet

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I guess it is time for bed...i was trying to post a comment on someones pic and i was so tired I hit the wrong key and posted instead. I feel so bad-- I left another comment explaining what had happened.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thoughts and prayers to all who may be affected by Ike...

My husband told me the other day "IKE was pretty nasty to Tina Turner
    so he'll no doubt be nasty when he comes through"...I hope he's wrong

Stay safe everyone...thinking of you guys and come back on line as soon
    as you can or let someone know how you are all doing...

Could someone please write the names of the people who could be affected
    by Hurricane Ike so we can write them down and keep track of if we see them
    around?

Thanks so much! Thanks for all the rep! Gave rep back where I could!

Stay safe!
    http://users.eastlink.ca/~linder/PetiteFemmeAvatar.jpg

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

OMG! That was one bad, bad hurricane. I'm sure you guys have heard on the news. So many people did not evacuate....the results will be devastating

Please let us hear from you if you have been in contact with anyone in the path of Ike.

Was the only member here affected stardreamer because her son was there, or are there more??

I should really check on my regular forum where everyone is in the states. I went MIA over there pretty much since I've been on here...

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

**BORROWED**

CRUSTED 100 pts

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning everyone! I just read through the thread, and am saying prayers for all those directly in the line of the hurricane. I live in Arkansas, and they are predicting that we will get some bad storms a couple of days after Ike hits Texas. But probably just thunderstorms. They are usually pretty weak by the time they get to us.
    Gas here is horrible!!! $4.99 a gallon this morning, and alot of stations are out and closed until they get more. My mom works for a company that supplies gas to the stations, so we had a heads up about the prices. Hubby went and filled both vehicles and several gas cans before the price jump, so maybe we will have enough to last until prices go down again. Even at the cheaper prices, it was painful to pay $319 yesterday for gas! But that was for both cars and 6 gas cans.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

For those in the States on here, I will try to remember to post when my mom hears that gas is going up so much. Now I know that it will be nation wide and not just around here when there is a disaster.

I've been voting in the contest when I can. Now off to give rep, and then hubby has his company picnic today, and we have a surprise anniversary party for my parents tonight, so I might not be around much today. Will check in when I can, and vote as well.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by marjem View Post
    **BORROWED**

CRUSTED 100 pts
    this came from the moms menu - Time to Eat newsletter (if anyone needed to know that!)

Quote Originally Posted by armh11699 View Post
    I live in Arkansas, and they are predicting that we will get some bad storms a couple of days after Ike hits Texas.
    Gas here is horrible!!! $4.99 a gallon this morning, and alot of stations are out and closed until they get more. My mom works for a company that supplies gas to the stations, so we had a heads up about the prices. Hubby went and filled both vehicles and several gas cans before the price jump, so maybe we will have enough to last until prices go down again. Even at the cheaper prices, it was painful to pay $319 yesterday for gas! But that was for both cars and 6 gas cans.
    Even though I'm in Southern Ontario they are saying we'll be getting dumped on with rain by Monday.

I have no idea how to convert our price per litre vs. your price per gallon but on Thursay night we got a heads up that most of Ontario would have a price increase of about 13 cents per litre. We were paying about $1.23 per litre. I'm glad I got my dh out to fill the van because at lunch time on Friday most of the gas stations were empty. They were allowing people to gas up at the lower rate until they ran out of gas. That's when they upped the rate to $1.365 per litre. What a rip off.

I'd say have a great weekend but I know some of you won't! Best of luck to those who are in the storms path and considering how big this storm is, I think that's a lot of SC members!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yeah the price of gas was going up here by 13 cents lastnight apparently so hubby and I rushed over to the station before the lineups started! They were out of regular gas so we got supreme for the price of regular! We paid $1.323/litre so it's NOT cheap and I didn't want to have to pay an extra 13 cents if I didn't have to!

http://www.thechronicleherald.ca/Front/1078695.html

So, even here in Nova Scotia, far away from Texas, the gas prices are soaring!

Stay safe everyone!

haha...first story on the Chronicle Herald talks about the gas going up 13 cents overnight and then next story says that Nova Scotia Power got approved for a 9.3% hike in power! Yayyyy it's going to be a great winter!!!

With the election being called in October, I thought now would have been the time to lower the power, lower the gas and give us the bag full of empty promises! Guess not!
    http://users.eastlink.ca/~linder/PetiteFemmeAvatar.jpg

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

OMG I have been voting like mad for my daughter and the other SC'er kiddies but was had little or no time to comment or read comments and just did more voting and was reading back on some comments and OMG I can't believe how some of the parents can be so rude and ignorant posting put down comments about any of the kiddies on there,I nearly fell out of my seat reading some of the comments,and my guess most are coming from the first girls parents,but I could be wrong but that is my guess anyways.
    Seems to be still excepting votes so am continuing voting til they take it down.
    Just makes me ill that ppl could say anything bad about any kiddies,it's a damn contest for the kids and should be fun but some sour grapes are making it not so nice or fun.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good Moring all starting to vote

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Can't get a hold of any of my family members in Texas (Dad lives on the coast, aunts uncles and cousins further inland). Prayers to all who have been affected by Ike......or that have friends, family or loved ones who are affected. The pictures that I have seen of Texas are frightening to me. I used to live there I know the areas that they are showing. Thanks for the kind words and support.
    Want to become a member of SC? click the link below
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/index.php?referrerid=20466

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Still voting! LOL and I'm marianne i put my name on the comments

Thread Information